Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Texas & Pacific

Diesel Switching Locomotives

1000, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1946, #3963, FN E742-1.  It was sold to Precision Engineering Co in 1970 and sold as Granite City Steel Co 1001.

1003, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 31, 1947, #4589, FN E814-2.  It was sold as Pullman-Standard Co 410 and scrapped in August 1996.

1004, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1947, #4590, FN E814-3.  It became Missouri Pacific 1004 and sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1218.  It was scrapped in April 1994.

1007, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 10, 1947, #4593, FN E814-6. It came to the Great Southwest RR in 1966 and was returned to the T&P in 1971. It was then sold to U. S. Steel Corp. on September 23, 1971.

1009, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1948, #6581, FN E1010-1.  It was sold to Hyman-Michaels Co on November 15, 1971, and then as Upper Marion & Plymouth 1009 in February 1972.  It was then sold in 1985 as Wisconsin & Southern 1009 and later sold as Independent Locomotive Service 1009.  They sold it as Northwest Grain 1009.

1016, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1949, #6588, FN E1010-8. It came to GSW in 1971. I don't have the disposition on this locomotive.

1017, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1949, #6589, FN E1010-9. It came to GSW in 1966 and was returned to T&P in 1974. It was then sold to Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri as 1017 and then immediately to Olinkraft Corp as 1017.

1022, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11998, FN 6133-3.  It was renumbered 1217 in 1962 and sold as United States Steel Corp 200.

1023, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11999, FN 6133-4. It was renumbered 1218 in 1962 and 1204 in November 1974. It became MP 1204 in October 1976 and was rebuilt as slug 1415 in July 1981. It became Union Pacific S24, Class SL-1, on December 26, 1985, and retired on December 19, 2000.   It was reinstated on January 11, 2001, but stored as of February 2008.  It was retired  on September 15, 2011.

1024, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1951, #14022, FN 4062-1. It was renumbered 1219 in 1962 and became MP 1219 in 1976. It was rebuilt in October 1981 as slug 1419. It became UP S28, Class SL-1, on October 3, 1988, and was assigned Y922 in December 1997.  It was retired on September 15, 2011.

1025, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1951, #14023, FN 4062-2. It was renumbered 1220 in 1962 and became MP 1220 in 1976. It was rebuilt in January 1982 as slug 1422. It became UP S31, Class SL-1, on February 1, 1988, and renumbered Y925 on February 18, 2000.  It was sold to Tri-City & Olympia as 925 in 2009 but never used.  It was retired in August 2012.

1027, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive February 1951, #14025, FN 4062-4.  It was renumbered 1222 in 1962 and became MP 1222 in 1976.  It was sold to Inman Service Co as ISCX 1222.  It later was sold to WATCo as WAMX as 927 and sold to J&L Consultants in December 2013.

1032, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14512, FN 6228-3.  It was renumbered 1227 and became MP 1227 in 1976.  It was sold as ISCX 1227 and sold as WAMX  925

1033, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14514, FN 6228-5. It was renumbered 1228 in 1962 and became MP 1228 in 1976. It was rebuilt in October 1980 as slug 1410. It became UP S19, Class SL-1, on November 11, 1986, and renumbered Y913 on February 13, 2004.  It was retired on July 17, 2012.

1036, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14517, FN 6228-8. It was renumbered 1231 in 1962 and became MP 1231 in 1976. It was repainted and renumbered as GSW 102 on July 30, 1984. It was sold to Wilson Ry Corp in June 1988 and resold to Farmers Cooperative Elevator that same month. The elevator was acquired by Cooperative Business Association in 1989 or 1990. The engine was retired in 1997 with engine troubles and was sold to Roy Morris in November 1999 for use as a lease locomotive. The deal fell thru and Mr. Morris sold it to Transglobal Rail in October 2000. After rebuilding it was sold to Nucor Steel as 1231 and sent to Hertford, NC.

1278, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1966, #31236, FN 4492-10. It became MP 1278 in 1974 and was sold to Precision National on June 24, 1985. They sold it to National Ry Equipment Co in December 1985, and it was sold to Wisconsin Central Ltd as 1278 in October 1987.  It was renumbered 1232.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment as LTEX 1232.

1286, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31116, FN 4491-7. It became MP 1286 in October 1996 and it was retired on February 28, 1985. It was sold to Precision National on April 11, 1985, and sold to Peaker Services in April 1985.  It was rebuilt by National Railway Equipment to 1GS7B as Northrop Grumman as NNSX 507 in November 2010.

1287, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31117, FN 4491-8.  It became MP 1287 in October 1976 and retired on February 28, 1985.  It was sold to Precision National as PNC 1287 on April 11, 1985, and sold as North Carolina Port Ry 1204.  It was resold as Wilmington Terminal Ry 1204.

1288, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31118, FN 4491-9.  It became MP 1288 in October 1976 and retired on February 28, 1985.  It was sold to Precision National on April 11, 1985, and scrapped.

1289, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1986, #31119, FN 4491-10.  It became MP 1289 in October 1976 and it was retired on February 28, 1985. It was sold to Precision National on April 11, 1985.

1291, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31239, FN 4491-2. It became MP 1291 in October 1976 and it was retired and sold to Chrome on June 14, 1985. It was sold to Cedar Rapids & Iowa City 97 in August 1986.

1295, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31243  FN 4491-16.  It became MP 1295 in October 1976 and retired and sold to Chrome on June 15, 1985.  It was sold as DuPont (Gibbstown, NJ) 1295 in August 1986 and sold as Hall Buck Marine 1295 in April 1997.  It became Kinder Morgan Bulk Terminal 1295.

1297, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31245, FN 4491-18.  It became MP 1297 in October 1976 and retired on February 28, 1985.  It sold to Precision National in April 11, 1985, and sold as Peaker Services P2 in July 1985.  It was leased as Great Lake Steel Co 55 and became National Steel Corp 55.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co and rebuilt as United States Navy 65-00365, 1GS7B, in May 2012.

1299, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1966, #31247, FN 4491-20.  It became MP 1299 in October 1975 and sold to Chrome on June 14, 1985.  It was leased as Iowa Interstate RR 250 in May 1987.

8001, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15831, FN 6360-2, as 811. It was renumbered 8001 in 1962 became MP 8011 in 1976. It was rebuilt as slug 1402 in June 1979. It became UP S11, Class SL-1, on July 13, 1990, and renumbered Y905 on March 6, 2002.

8004, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15834, FN 6360-5, as 814. It was renumbered 8004 in 1962 and became MP 8004 in 1976. It was rebuilt as slug 1409 in October 1980. It became UP S18, Class SL-1, on October 3, 1988, and was assigned Y912 in December 1997.  It was retired on September 15, 2011.

8005, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15835, FN 6360-6, as 815. It was renumbered 8005 in 1962 and became MP 8005 in 1976. It was rebuilt as slug 1416 in August 1981 and became UP S25, Class SL-1, on March 13, 1986. It was assigned Y919 in December 1997, but retired on December 19, 2000.

8007, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1952, #15837, FN 6360-8, as 818. It was renumbered 8007 in 1962 and sent to the GSW in the early 1960s. It was later returned to the T&P in 1966. It was rebuilt as MP slug 1403 in September 1979. It then became UP S12, Class SL-1, on January 29, 1988, and later assigned Y906 in December 1999.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/10/2017

Memorial of Saint Baldegundis

Choose Life


Home Page

 

Don's Depot

 

Totally love Him, Who gave Himself totally for your love.

---St. Clare of Assisi