Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Nucor Steel Corp.

 

02, S12, was built by Baldwin in January 1953, #75764, as Seaboard Air Line 1481.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 222 in July 1967 and sold as Nucor 222.  It was renumbered 1st 03 and renumbered 02

2nd 03, S12, was built by Baldwin in May 1953, #75838, as Monongahela Ry 407, Class DES-1B.  It was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in September 1974 and resold as Blairsville & Indiana RR 407 in September 1974.  It was sold as Gettysburg RR 407 and sold to Locomotive Marketing Inc in January 1985.  It was sold as Nucor 03 in January 1985.

4, VO1000u, was built by Baldwin in March 1943, #67727, as United States Army 7140.  It was transferred as United States Navy 65-00531 on March 28, 1969, and rebuilt in October 1980.  It was sold as Feather River & Western 531 and resold as Nucor 4 in August 1997.

8, DS4-4-1000, was built by Baldwin in August 1950, #74883, as SAL 1444.  It became SCL 56 in July 1967 and sold as North Carilina Ports Ry 8.  It was sold as Nucor 8.

52, RS2, was built by Alco in May 1949, #76823, as Chicago Great Western 52, Class D-5. It became  Chicago & North Western 52 in 1968 and was retired on January 22, 1977.  It was sold as Nucor 52.

310, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #25305, FN 7575-31, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 310, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was retired in December 1982 and sold as Iowa RR 310 in February 1983.  It was sold as Nucor Yamato Steel 310.

312, SW1200E, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #22909, FN 4382-4, as Texas & New Orleans 126, Class DF-402.  It became Southern Pacific 2222, Class ES412-3, in 1965 and rebuilt at Houston as 2312, Class ES412E-2, on April 16, 1974.  It was sold as Nucor 312

609, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1965, #30307, FN 4479-1, as Peoria & Pekin Union Ry 500. It was rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen as 609 in March 1987 and sold as Nucor 609 in 1994.

610, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1958, #24163, FN 4414-32, as Pennsylvania RR 7931, Class ES-12.  It was renumbered 9031 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9031, Class ES-12, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9350, Class SW-1200, in April 1976 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co.  It was sold as Nucor 610 in April 1998.

905, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1955, #20182, FN 4288-8, as Minneapolis St Paul & Sault Ste Marie RR 328.  It became Soo Line RR 328 in January 1961 and sold to Independent Locomotive Service in March 1999 as ILS 1374.  It was sold as Nucor 905.

ILSX 914, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1955, #20115, as Wisconsin Central RR 2122.  It became Soo Line RR 2122 in January 1961 and sold in May 1986 as Independent Locomotive Service 914.  It was leased to Nucor.

ILSX 915, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1964, #28900, FN 7696-6, as St Louis South-Western 1067, Class Z12.  It was renumbered 2255, Class ES412C-3, in 1966 and retired in December 1986.  It was sold as Wilson Rail and sold as Indianapolis Coke & Gas Co 7.  It was sold as ILSX 7 and renumbered 915 in 2012.  It was leased to Nucor.

1231, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14517, FN 6228-8, as Texas & Pacific 1036. It was renumbered 1231 in 1962 and became Missouri Pacific 1231 in 1976. It was repainted and renumbered as Great Southwest RR 102 on July 30, 1984. It was sold to Wilson Ry Corp in June 1988 and resold to Farmers Cooperative Elevator that same month. The elevator was acquired by Cooperative Business Association in 1989 or 1990. The engine was retired in 1997 with engine troubles and was sold to Roy Morris in November 1999 for use as a lease locomotive. The deal fell thru and Mr. Morris sold it to Transglobal Rail in October 2000. After rebuilding it was sold to Nucor Steel as 1231 and sent to Hertford, NC.

1432, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #11656, FN 4053-9, as Illinois Central 9318.  It was renumbered 1218 in September 1957 and rebuilt as SW14 1432 in 1980.  It was sold as National Railway Equipment Co 1432 on June 8, 1998, and leased as Nucor 1432.  It was returned as NRE 1432.

1823, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1954, #19356, FN 5286-11, as Great Northern 671, Class GP-9.  It became Burlington Northern 1823, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold as Massachusetts Bay Ttransit Authority 1924 in 1984.  It was sold as Cape Cod RR 1924 in January 1992 and renumbered 1823 in 1992.  It was sold as D J Joseph Co 1823 in January 1992 and resold as Nucor 1823 in February 1992.

8640, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1940, #1186, FN E343-9, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1633, Class DES6X.  It was reclassified Class 6E-S and renumbered 953 in 1959.  It was renumbered 864 in January 1973 and retired in May 1980.  It was sold as Nucor 8640 in October 1980.

2313, SW1200E, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #22908, FN 4232-3, as Texas & New Orleans 125, Class DF-402.  It became Southern Pacific 2221, Class ES412-3, in 1965 and rebuilt at Houston as 2313, Class ES412E-2, in April 1974.  It was sold as Nucor 2313.

9412, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20396, FN 4301-13, as Baltimore & Ohio 637, Class DS-20E.  it was renumbered 9412, Class SE-3, in 1956, and was reclassified Class SW-900 in 1965.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Nucor 9412 in November 1987 and traded as Independent Locomotive Service 913 in 2003.

 

Roster Information:  Randy Keller.

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/13/2017

Memorial of Saint Macrobius

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Happiness can only be achieved by looking inward and learning to enjoy whatever life has, and this required transforming greed into gratitude.

St. John Chrysostom