Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Indiana Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

 

Algers Winslow & Western

This coal road operates out of Oakland City to Algers and to Enosville.

10.

57.

5, RS1, was built by Alco in January 1947, #75218, as Duluth South Shore & Atlantic 104.  It went to Soo Line RR 104 in January 1961 and rebuilt by Alco in August 1965 as AW&W 5.

6, RS1, was built by Alco in July 1949, #76799, as Chicago & Western Indiona 252.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and rebuilt as AW&W 6 in 1970.

203, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1955, #20446, FN 5394-2, as Central of Georgia 203, Class DF-3. It was sold to AW&W where it kept the same number.  

204, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #20447, FN 5394-3, as CG 204, Class DF-3.  It was later sold as AW&W 204.

205, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #20448, FN 5394-4, as CG 205, Class DF-3.  It was later sold as AW&W 205.

206, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #20449, FN 5394-5, as CG 206, Class DF-3.  It was later sold as AW&W 206.


Amax Coal Co.

WG1, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1974, #72656-1, FN 72656-1, as Public Service Co of Indiana WG1.  It became Amax WG1 and later sold as Rail Car Limited 1.  It was sold as Kiamichi RR 3846.

WG2, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1974, #72656-2, FN 72656-2, as PSCoI WG2.  It became Amax WG2 and later sold as RCL 2.  It was sold as KRR 3871.


American Steel Foundries Co.

We have a full page on this company.


Andersons Inc.

This is a national company. 


Archer-Daniels-Midlands Corp.

This is an international food company. 


Ayrshire Collieries Co.

4 was built by Heisler.


H. Bairstow Co.

Indian Hill & Iron Range RR

They used ex New York Central 0-8-0s to start the service.

302, LS1000, was built by Lima-Hamilton in April 1950, #9401, as Lima-Hamilton Corp 1004.  It was sold as Toledo Peoria & Western 302 on November 30, 1950, and sold as IHIR 302 in 1959.  It was scrapped.


Buckeye Feed & Supply Co.

6001, RS11, was built by Alco in April 1959, #83410, as Southern Pacific 5848, Class DF-613.  It was renumbered 2913, Class AS418-4, in 1966.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co as 6001.  It was sold as Tippecanoe RR 6001 and sold as BF&S 6001.


C&J RR

1, GP9, Class GP-9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #22468, FN 5487-1, as Great Northern 688, Class GP-9. It later became Burlington Northern 1761, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was sold to Helm Leasing Co in January 1986 and then to C&J RR as 1 in October 1986. It was later sold to Ohio Central RR as 91 in May 1988. It was sold to PT Rail Services as 91 on May 15, 2000, and sold to Joseph Transportation Services Inc as JTPX 1703.


Carthage Knightstown & Shirley RR

215, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric.

468, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.

819, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #9465, FN E1267-10, as Indiana Harbor Belt 8819, Class DES-13k.  It was reclassified as Class ES-10m in 1966 and later sold to CK&S as 819.  It was later sold to Central Railroad of Indianapolis as 819 and later sold to Indiana Transportation Museum.


Central Indiana & Western RR

88, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1950, #9453, FN E1136-18, as New York Central 8853, Class DES-16b.. It was reclassified as ES-12 in 1966 and became Penn Central 8853, Class ES-12, in 1968. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8853, Class SW-7, in April 1976 and was retired on May 22, 1986. It was sold to CI&W as 88 and resold to Indiana Box Car Co in August 2007.

4295, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16847, FN 5123-4, as Chicago & North Western 1578.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on December 19, 1980 as 4295. and sold to OmniTrax in October 1993.  It was sold as Central Indiana & Western RR 4295.


Central Railroad of Indianapolis

This is a RailAmerica line. 


Chesapeake & Indiana RR

IBCX 2097, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17703, FN 6486-5, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2842, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2097, Class 2050, in June 1977 and retired in March 1990.  It was sold as Indiana Hi-Rail Corp 2097 in 1990 and sold as Georgia Northeastern RR 2097 in 1991.  It was sold to Indiana Box Car Co as IBCX 2097 in 2004.  It was used on the C&I in 2005 and 2006 and Youngstown and Southeastern RR in 2007.  It was later retired.


Chicago Attica & Southern

The CA&S was formed in 1922 to take over the Chicago & Indiana Coal Ry, which was a branch of the Chicago & Eastern Illinois, who abandoned the line in 1922. The main line ran from State Line, IL, to West Melcher, IN, (94 miles), and from Percy Junction, IN, to LaCrosse, IN, (46 miles), and from LaCrosse to Wellsboro, IN, (15 miles). In addition there was trackage rights over the Pere Marquette for an additional 26 miles. It went into bankruptcy in 1931. Over the years the road cut back from time to time and was finally abandoned in the late 1940s.

265 has an unknown lineage, but looks as if it may have come from the Big Four.


Cincinnati Richmond & Indiana RR

This line was a portion of the Chesapeake & Ohio after 1910.

100.


Consolidated Grain & Barge Corp.

This is a national company. 


Corydon Scenic RR

560, RDC1, was built by Budd in October 1950, #5107, as New York Susquehanna & Western M3.  It was sold as Central RR of New Jersey 560 in April 1958 and became New Jersey Transit 560 in 1976.  It was sold as CSRR 560 and resold as Cuyahoga Valley Scenic RR M3 when Corydon service ended in 2003.


CountryMark Coop

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric July 1950, #30799, as Minnesota Dakota & Western Ry 13.  It was transferred as Boise Cascade LLC 13 and sold as Indiana Grain Coop 13.  It became Indiana Farm Bureau Coop 13 and it became CMC no number.  It became Archer-Daniels-Midland no number.


Cummins, Inc.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1937, #12186, a demonstrator.  It was sold as Republic Steel Corp 343 and became Federal Steel Corp 343.  It was sold as Interstate Terminal Warehouse Co 343 in 1988.


DeKalb County Cooperative

DeKalb Agri, Inc.

103, DS4-4-1000, was built by Baldwin in January 1947, #72812, as Detroit Terminal RR 103.  It was sold as DCC 103 and became DAInc 103.  It then became Andersons Agricultural Group 103.  It was scrapped in August 2012.


Elkhart & Western RR

This Pioneer Railcorp road is included in their page.


Emporia Grain Co.

No number, 30 Ton, was built by Plymouth.  It was owned by George R Silcott and sold to EGCo.


Erie Western RR

The Erie line from Hammond to Decatur were closed when Conrail decided to to accept the other routes in 1977. The EW of 155 miles took over the line on September 27, 1977. 3 Alco former C420s opened and then added 4 Alco RS3 diesels in summer 1978. But the financial problems closed quickly on June 24, 1979. A small effort with another group lasted on the June 27th and finally on December 31, 1979.

1601, RS3. was built by Alco in August 1951, #78940, as Chicago & North Western 1551.  It was retired on March 14, 1978, and sold as EWRR 1601 in June 1978.

1602, RS3, was built by Alco in May 1953, #80280, as Litchfield & Madison 302. It became C&NW 302 in 1958 and 1553 in December 1971. It was retired on March 14, 1978, and sold to EWRR as 1602 in June 1978.

1603, RS3, was built by Alco in July 1953, #80520, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 166. Later C&NW 166 in 1957 it was retired on March 3, 1978. It was sold to EWRR as 1603 in June 1978 and it was resold to Prairie Trunk RR 1603. It later was sold by Azcon for probable scrap.


Evans Milling Co.

8418, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1942, #1603, FN E462-3, as Baltimore & Ohio Chicago Terminal 218, Class DS-3. It was reclassified Class DS-3E in 1943 and renumbered 8418, Class SE-1, in 1957. It was reclassified Class SW-1 in 1964 and transferred to Baltimore & Ohio in January 1974. It was sold to Wilson Railway Corp on June 25, 1985, and resold to Evans as 8418 on October 1986. It was then resold to Allied Tube and Conduit Co as 8418 in 1990.


Farm Bureau Cooperative

402, 60 Ton, was built by Whitcomb.


Ferdinand RR

This line was built between Ferdinand and Huntingburg, 6.48 miles, as the Ferdinand Ry in 1909. It was sold at auctiont was reorganized as the Ferdinand RR in 1911. It was dieselized in 1953. Craig Berndt advised that it was abandoned in 1991 and torn up in 1992.

1 was the engine which opened the line and was probably second-hand.

3 was built by Baldwin in September 1913, #40594, and was scrapped in 1951 when it was replaced by 4-4-0 9, which came from the Louisville New Albany & Corydon.

9 was built by Porter in May 1920, #6493, as LNA&C 9. It came to the Ferdinand in 1951.

101, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1953, #31715. It replaced 9. It went to the LNA&C after abandonment, and was sold to Cherry Grove Co-op at Crawfordsville in 1999. It was still lettered for the Ferdinand and scrapped in June 2009 for ADM, the owner of Cherry Grove.


France Stone Co.

No number.

No number, 25 Ton, was built by Whitcomb.


Gary Slag Co.

476, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in August 1941, #64207, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 476.  It was rebuilt in July 1962 and sold to Indistrial Maintenance Service in June 1976.  It was sold as GSCo 476 and resold back to IMS in June 1980.


Honey Creek RR

HC RR

HCRR owns a 5.95 mile line from a connection with Norfolk Southern at New Castle, IN, to Honey Creek.  Rail is 110 pound.  Traffic includes grain and fertilizer--under 500 cars a year.

The line was part of the Columbus-Chicago main line of the Columbus Chicago & Indiana Central RR, built in 1867 and 1868.  It eventually became part of the Pennsylvania RR and then Conrail.  HCRR purchased the line from Conrail on October 1, 1993.  It also operates the former Indiana Hi-Rail line from Rushville to Smith, 5.5 miles, as a contract carrier.  It was owned by Morristown Grain Co and the company was purchased by Bunge Grain in October 2010.   The railroad was to be abandoned in 2004 but it was sold as HC Railroad in October 2010.

8693, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14066, FN 4096-3, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 504.  It became Erie Lackawanna 364, Class SE-8, in 1960 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 8693, Class SW-8, in April 1976.  It was sold as HCRR 8693 in 1993.


Hoosier Southern RR

464, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17747, FN 6497-7, as Illinois Central 8964.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in October 1968 as Illinois Central 7964.  It was sold to Iowa Interstate as 7964 in February 1985 and renumbered 464.  It was sold as HOS 464 in 1995.


Indiana Grain Cooperative

Indiana Farm Bureau Cooperative

13, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric July 1950, #30799, as Minnesota Dakota & Western Ry 13.  It was transferred as Boise Cascade LLC 13 and sold as IGC 13.  It became IFBC 13 and it became CountryMark Coop no number.  It became Archer-Daniels-Midland no number.

402, 60 Ton, was built by Whitcomb.


Indiana Hi-Rail Corp.

We have a full page on this fallen flag.


Indiana Midland RR

1501, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17843, FN 6491-1, as Detroit & Toledo Shore Line RR 50, Class ERS.  It was assigned as Grand Trunk Western 6050 but not renumbered.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft in June 1984 and resold as IMRR 50 in March 1985.  It was sold in March 1957 to Bay Colony RR as D&TSL 1501 but quickly repainted as Bay Colony RR 1501.  It was rebuilt as GP8 and renumbered 1750 "Gordon H Fay" in March 1996 and later renumbered 1701.


Indiana Northern Ry.

5.


Indianapolis Coke & Gas Co.

7, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1964, #28900, FN 7696-6, as St Louis South-Western 1067, Class Z12.  It was renumbered 2255, Class ES412C-3, in 1966 and retired in December 1986.  It was sold as Wilson Rail and sold as IC&G 7.  It was sold to Independent Locomotive Service as ILSX 7 and renumbered 915 in 2012.  It was leased to Nucor Steel Corp.


Indianapolis Southern Ry.

3 was built by Alco-Brooks in April 1907, #42433, a 2-8-0.  It became  Illinois Central 795 in 1911 and rebuilt 2-8-2  as 3795 in November 1923,  It was renumbered 3766 in 1937 and scrapped in 1955


Indianapolis Union RR

23, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32159, as General Motors Corp 107.  It was sold as IURR 23 in 1967 and renumbered 200 in January 1976.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9601, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold as Akron & Barberton Union RR 1501 "JoAnn"in October 1982.

30, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1972, #72671-1.  It became Conrail 9608, Class SW-1500, in April 1976 and sold as Juniata Terminal RR 9175.  It was leased as Longhorn RR 9275 and returned  as JT 9175.


Indiana Rail Road

We have a full page on this line.


Inland Steel Corp.

81, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14741.  It was rebuilt as RC2 and sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 513.  It was relettered as RLCX 513.

96, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1957, #23990. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as 96.

110, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1964, #30015.

119, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1968, #33957. It went to Montana Rail-Link as 51 in 1995.

123, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1970, #35991.  It was sold as Tennessee Valley Authority F3064.

126, SW1001, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #756066-1.


Jefferson Madison & Indianapolis RR

35 " Reuben Wells"  was built by JM&I at Jefferson in 1868.  It was leased as Pittsburgh Cincinnati & St Louis Ry 635 in August 1871 and renumbered 435 in October 1890.  It was donated to Purdue University in 1904 and given to Pennsylvania RR in October 1940.  It was loaned to Indanapolis Childen's Museum in June 1968.


La Porte County Historical Steam Society

Sharon Decker of the Illinois Prairie Railroad Foundation loaned us a copy of the December 1966 "Engineers and Engines" magazine which is primarily concerned with threshing engines and the like. They included a picture of a 1935 Henschel which was being operated on a 2 1/2 mile 2 foot gauge railroad in Heston, IN. Here it is. I wonder how the boiler can supply steam to that air pump and still move a train.


Logansport Iron Horse Festival

1977 was built by Alco-Brooks in January 1920, #61579, as Kelley’s Creek & Northwestern 6.  It was sold to Buffalo Creek & Gauley as 13 in 1954 and then to South Penn Museum as 622 in 1964.  It was then sold to Lake Shore RR Historical Foundation as 1977 in December 1976 and then to Logansport Iron Horse Festival in July 1983.  It was sold to Ohio Central as 13 in November 1992.


Louisville & Indiana RR

220, GP38-2, was built by General Motors in April 1981, #A4063, as Devco Ry 220.  It was sold as L&IRR 220 in 1996.

221, GP38-2, was built by General Motors in April 1981, #A2064, as Devco 221.  It was sold as L&IRR 221 in 1996.

1607, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #13894, as Atlantic Coast Line 214.  It went to Seaboard Coast Line 834 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in June 1982 as SCL 4797.  It went to Seaboard System RR 4797 and later renumbered 1843.  It went to CSX Transportation 1843, Class GP-16, and retired on February 19, 1993.  It was sold as L&IRR 1843 and renumbered 1607 in March 1994.  It was sold as Burlington Junction RR 1607 in September 2003.

1609, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1951, #13917, as ACL 172.  It went to SCL 760 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in May 1982 as SCL 4794,  It went to SBD 4794 and later renumbered 1840.  It went to CSX 1840, Class GP-16, and retired on February 19, 1993.  It was sold as L&IRR 1840 and later renumbered 1609.  It was sold as BJRR 1609 in September 2003.

1800, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1951, #13895, as ACL 215, a GP7.  It became SCL 835 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta in March 1981 as 4754.  It became SBD 4754 and later renumbered 1800.  It became CSX 1800, Class GP-16, and retired on February 19, 1993.  It was sold as L&IRR 1800 and sold as Pee Dee River RR 1800 in 1997.

1842, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #15539, as Seaboard Air Line RR 1795.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 975 in July 1967 and rebuilt at Uceta as 4796 in July 1982.  It became Seaboard System 4796 and renumbered 1842.  It became CSX Transportation 1842, Class GP-16, and sold as L&IRR 1842 in 1993.  It was sold as PDRR 1842 in 2002.

9321, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1957, #23763, as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 562.  It went to Erie Lackawanna 457, Class SE-12, in 1960 and Consolidated Railroad Corp 9321, Class SW-1200, in April 1976.  It was later as L&IRR 9321.


Louisville New Albany & Corydon RR

The LNA&C was opened in 1883 between Corydon and Corydon Jct, 7.7 miles, with trackage rights over the Southern Ry to Louisville. Thru service ended in 1896 after a collision. The road was dieselized in 1951 and now rosters 9 locomotives. Passenger service is provided by the Corydon Scenic RR using an RDC.

5 was built by Porter.

9 was built by Porter in May 1920, #6493. In 1951 it became Ferdinand RR 9.

86, S4m, was built by Alco in August 1956, #81974, as Grand Trunk Western 8199, Class MS-10m.  It was rebuilt in 1980 as 1002, Class CS-9, and sold as Coe Rail 102 in October 1992.  It was sold as LNA&C 86 in 1997.

367, RS11, was built by Alco in December 1958, #82958, as Norfolk & Western 367.  It was sold as Maine Coast RR 367 "City of Rockland" and sold as LNA&C 367 but never used.  It was sold as Durbin & Greenbrier Valley RR 367 in October 2012.

850, C420, was built by Alco in July 1966, #3463-01, as Lehigh & Hudson River 27. It became Conrail 2075, Class C420, in April 1976.  It was sold to GE Hornell and rebuilt.  It was sold to Green Bay & Western in December 1979 and entered service as 323 on December 18, 1979. It was sold to Iowa Interstate as 850 in November 1993 and sold to LNA&C on August 10, 1999.

900, RS36, Class ARS-18, was built in January 1963, #84397, as Delaware & Hudson 5015, Class ARS-18.  It was sold to a dealer in March 1988 and resold as Iowa Interstate RR 900 in October 1988.  It was sold as LNA&C 900 on September 8, 1999.

1000, S4m, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81402, as GTW 8082, Class MS-10j. It was rebuilt with a Caterpillar engine as 1000, Class CS-9, in 1978 and retired in 1992.  It was sold as LNA&C 1000.

1001, S4m, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81404, as GTW 8084, Class MS-10j.  It was rebuilt with a Caterpillar engine as 1001, Class CS-9, in 1980 and retired in 1992.  It was sold as LNA&C 1001.

1951 "Betty-Sue", 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in August 1951, #31008, as 1.  It was renumbered as 1951.


Machinery Supply Co.

I have no further information on this locomotive.


Madison RR

534, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1942, #1683, FN E475-6, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 534. It was sold to the MRR as 534 in 1977. They sold it to Western RR as 534 in 1984.

6999, SD7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1953, #18670, as Pennsylvania RR 8589, Class ES-15a. It was renumbered 6551, Class ES-15ax, in 1966 and Penn Central 6551, Class ES-15ax, in 1968. It was renumbered 6951 in 1970 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6999, Class SD-7, in April 1976. It later was sold by a leasor of 6999 at Madison RR for a short time. It then became Terre Haute Brazil & Eastern as 6999. Further information is not known.


Maumee & Western RR

12, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1956, #20788, FN 5409-33, as Illinois Central 9150.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8150 in June 1970 and sold as Chicago Central & Pacific 1750.  It was sold as MAW 12.

2257, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1964, #29006, as Pennsylvania RR 2257, Class EF-25.  It became Penn Central 2257, Class EF-25, in 1968 and Consolidated Railroad Corp 2257, Class GP-35, in April 1976.     It was sold as Ohio Central RR 2257 in 1997 and sold as MAW 2257.  It was sold as Progress Rail Service PRSX 1009 and became PRLX 1009.   It was rebuilt by National Railway Equipment Co as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 2038, Class GP38-2, in 2006.


Merchants Grain Co.

1221, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1955, #20658, as Terminal RR Association of St Louis 1221, Class D-6.  It was reclassified Class E.12 and sold as MGCo 1221.  It became Consolidated Grain & Barge Corp 1221.


Muncie & Western RR

1109.


New Jersey Indiana & Illinois RR

1, S1, Class D-6, was built by Alco in June 1940, #69196.  Later it became Wabash RR 2, Class D-6, in 1961 and later retired.


Northern Indiana Public Service Co.

96, SW1500,, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1968, #33996, as Southern Pacific 2509, Class ES415-2.  It was sold as NIPS 96.


Ohio & Indiana Stone Co.

No number, 45 Ton, was built by Porter in April 1942, #7374, for United States Navy.


Peabody Coal Co.

We have a full page on this multi-state operation.


Public Service Co. of Indiana

PSI Energy Inc.

WG1, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1974, #72656-1.  It became Amax Coal Co WG1 and later sold as Rail Car Limited 1.  It was sold as Kiamichi RR 3846.

WG2, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1974, #72656-2.  It became Amax WG2 and later sold as RCL 2.  It was sold as KRR 3871.

550311.


Qualitech Steel Corp.

7546, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1956, #20990, as New York Central 5977, Class DRS-9d.  It was renumbered 7377, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and became Penn Central 7377, Class ERS-17, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7377, Class GP-9, in April 1976 and rebuilt by Precision National Corp as 7546, Class GP-10, in 1978.  It was sold as  Ohio Central RR 7546 and resold as QTS 7546.


South Bend Sand & Gravel Co.

100 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in November 1922, #3313 as Sturm & Dillard Co 100.  It was sold as SBS&G 100 in October 1946.  It was donated to Scottsdale Club in 1970 and sold to Cleon Miner in 1977.


Southern Indiana Electric & Gas Co.

No number, SL144, was built by General Electric in October 1978, #41104, as Chicago & North Western 1198. It was returned to General Electric on November 15, 1981. It then went to Burlington Northern as 1100 and then was sold in February 1984 to SIE&G where it has no number.


Speed Portland Cement Co.

415, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric.


Squaw Creek Coal Co.

Squaw Creek Coal operated a haulage line in southern Indiana between Boonville and Yankeetown on the Ohio River. The first power were second hand units from Precision National Corp.

9842 RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83578, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 842 Class 800. It was renumbered 9842 Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National Corp in 1975. They sold it to SCCCO as 9842 in 1975. It later became Peabody Coal Co 9842 and then was sold to Indiana Hi-Rail as 9842 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 442. It was sold to Austin & Texas Central as 442 in 2000.

9843, RSD15, was built by Alco in June 1960, #83579, as AT&SF 843, Class 800. It was renumbered 9843, Class 9800, in 1970, and sold to Precision National in 1975. They sold it to SCCCo as 9843 in 1975. It later became Peabody 9843 and then was sold to IHR as 9843 in 1988. It was soon renumbered 443. It became A&TC 443 in 2000, but is leased from a private owner.

In 1986, the Alcos were replaced with an unmatched pair of U33Cs. They were as follows:

3809 was built by General Electric in April 1970, #37392, as Southern Ry. 3809 It became SCCCo 3809 in March, 1986. It was rebuilt in 1994.

5752 was built by General Electric in August 1971, #37989, as Burlington Northern 5752, Class U33C. It was sold to SCCCo as 5752 in December, 1986.

The company is now part of Peabody Coal Co.


Standard Steel Co.

We have a special page on this company.


Studebaker Corp.

1, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1943, #18012.  It was sold as Jones & Laughlin Steel Corp Star Lake Mine 1 and sold as Florida Rock Industies HMO229.


Terre Haute Brazil & Eastern RR

100, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29783, as Missouri Pacific 1268.  It became THB&E 100 in June 1985 and later Chicago Rail Link 52.  It was later sold as Parr Terminal RR 52.

101, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16633, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 835. It became THB&E 101 in 1987 and later Central Kansas Ry 101 in 1993.

6999, SD7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1953, #18670, as Pennsylvania RR 8589, Class ES-15a. It was renumbered 6551, Class ES-15ax, in 1966 and Penn Central 6551, Class ES-15ax, in 1968. It was renumbered 6951 in 1970 and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6999, Class SD-7, in April 1976. It later was sold by a leasor of 6999 at Madison RR for a short time. It then became THB&E as 6999. Further information is not known.


Tippecanoe RR

6001, RS11, was built by Alco in April 1959, #83410, as Southern Pacific 5848, Class DF-613.  It was renumbered 2913, Class AS418-4, in 1966.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co as 6001.  It was sold as Tippecanoe 6001 and sold as Buckeye Feed & Supply Co 6001.


Twin Branch RR

This little known railroad was only a mile long at Mishawaka, IN It was built primarily to switch coal into the Twin Branch power plant of the Indiana & Michigan Electric Co. The first two locomotives were 0-6-0s purchased second hand from the connecting New York Central. 3 and 4 were battery-electric locomotives built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in December 1928, #60687-60688. 5 was a 65 ton General Electric diesel built in January 1950, #30042. 6 was also a 65 ton General Electric diesel built in May 1967 #36058. The electrics were stored for a while and then retired.


Wabash & Erie RR

This was a spinoff from Indiana Hi-Rail.

216, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23362, FN 4393-3, as Baltimore & Ohio 9616, Class SE-6.  It was reclassified as Class SW-1200 in 1965 and retired on May 12, 1987 and sold to Indiana Hi-Rail as 216 on August 17, 1987.  It became W&A 216 on June 26, 1994, and sold as Redland Ohio Inc 216 in 1995.  It was sold to Mobile Locomotive Services Inc as LOCX 216 in 2007.

1744, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1952, #17005, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2778, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt in August 1980 at Cleburne as 2203, Class 2050. and sold as IHR 344.  It became W&E 344 and later sold as Rio Valley Switching Corp 1744.


Wabash & Ohio RR

This was a spinoff from Indiana Hi-Rail.

234, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1965, #30004, as Terminal RR of St. Louis 1234, Class E-12. It was sold to IHR as 234 and was taken by W&O. In 1995 it was sold to Saginaw Valley RR as 998.

316, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1960, #25704, FN 7583-17, as Great Northern 2016, Class GP-20.  It became Burlington Northern 2016, Class GP-20, in 1970, and retired in August 1986.  It was sold as IHR 316 in December 1986 and became W&O 316.

325, C425, was built by Alco in May 1966, #3423-03, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 312.  It became Burlington Northern 4252, Class A-425, in 1970 and was sold to Chrome Locomotive in August 1980. It was then sold to Kyle RR as 4252 and later to IHR where it was renumbered 325. It later was taken over by W&O.

327, C425, was built by Alco in June 1966, #3461-06, as SP&S 323. It became BN 4263, Class A-425, in 1970 and was sold to Chrome Locomotive in August 1980. It was then sold to Kyle as 4263 and later to IHR where it was renumbered 327. It later was taken over by W&O.

334, C420, was built by Alco in August 1967, #3490-11, as Monon RR 517. It became Louisville & Nashville 1334, Class C-420, in August 1971 and was sold to IHR as 1334 in 1986. It was later renumbered 334 before being taken over by W&O.  It was sold as Indiana Box Car Co 334 and later Delaware-Lackawanna 334.

504, also lettered for Georgia Southeastern, was ex Illinois Central.


Wabash Central RR

3, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1960, #25564, FN 7583-4, as Great Northern 2003, Class GP-20.  It became Burlington Northern 2003, Class GP-20, in 1970 and retired in August 1986.  It was sold as Indiana Hi-Rail Corp 203 in December 1986 and became Wabash Central RR 3 in 1999.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 3 in 2006 and upgraded it.

6, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive.


Wabash Sand & Gravel Inc.

1416 was built at West Milwaukee in April 1908 as Chicago Milwaukee & St Paul 1207, Class I-5a. It was renumbered 1416 in July 1938 and sold as WS&G 1416 on February 1, 1952.  It was sold to Evansville Museum of Arts and Science in April 1966.


Western Indiana Aggregate Co.

1 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1924, #65477, for stock.  It was sold as James Stone Co 1 in April 1929 and resold as W1ACo 1 in 1930.  It was sold as Society for the Perpetuation of Unretired Railfans 1 in October 1966 and became Monticello & Sangamon Valley Ry in April 1969.


Whitewater Valley RR

210, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28566, as Calumet & Hecla Inc 210.  It was sold to Marquette & Huron Mountain in May 1972 but it remained the original lettering and number.  It was then sold as Central Wisconsin RR 210 in 1981 and sold as WVRR 210 in 1985.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/10/2013

Memorial of Bl. Bonaventure Baduario of Peraga

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O God our Creator, from Your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  You have called us as your people and given us the right and the duty to worship You, the only true God, and your Son, Jesus Christ.

Through the power and working of Your Holy Spirit, You call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world, bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel of every corner of society.