Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

New York Trolley Lines

 

Albany & Hudson RR

Albany Southern RR

Eastern New York Utilities Corp.

The line was created in 1899 by merging Hudson Street Ry, Kinderhook & Hudson Ry, and Greenbush & Nassau Electric Ry.  The first was a street railway in Hudson, the second a steam railroad between Hudson and Niverville (16 miles), and the third an electric line to connect the Kinderhook and Hudson with Rennselaer and Albany which had just started on construction.  The new line was completed in 1900 and was the first third rail interurban line in America.  It was reorganized in 1909 as Albany Southern and in 1924 as Eastern New York Utilities Corp.  It was closed in 1929.

20 was built by Wason Car Co  in 1901.

40 was built by Wason Car Co in 1901.  It was sold as Schenectady Ry 562 in 1914. It was scrapped on November 8, 1942.

48 was built by Wason Car Co in 1907.

55 was built by Wason Car Co in 1907.  It was later sold to Schenectady Ry in 1914.

60 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950. It went to the Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville as 176 in 1930. It was acquired as Portland Traction Co 4006 in 1940.

61 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950. It went to the FJ&G as 177 in 1930. It was acquired as PTC 4007 in 1940.


American Machine & Foundry Co.

Monorail Car.


American Dock Co.

1 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse on January 19, 1914, #41119, as Lewisburg & Ronceverte Electric Co 20.  It was sold as ADCo 1 in 1927.


Auburn & Syracuse Electric RR

Auburn Interurban Electric RR was opened in 1901 between Auburn & Skaneateles and merged with Auburn City Ry in 1902 to form A&SERR.  In 1903 the line was extended to Syracuse and double tracked in 1906.  It went bankrupt in 1927 and ended streetcar service in Auburn ended.  Interurban service continued and was sold to Enna Jettick Shoe Co for the amusement park on March 20, 1930.  They abandoned the rail service on April 15, 1930.

66 was built by Jewett.

105 was built by Baldwin on May 24, 1918, #48538, and completed by Westinghouse on July 20, 1918. It was sold in 1919 to the Hydro Electric Power Commission who then sold it to the Toronto & York Radial Ry as their 2 in 1924. It was then sold to the Chatham Wallaceburg & Lake Erie Ry. In 1927 it was purchased as Niagara St Catherines & Toronto 18. In September 1960 it became Oshawa Ry 18. It went to the Connecticut Electric Railway Association in September 1963.


Black River Traction Co.

The line ended on August 17, 1937.

3 was built by Barber Car Co.

14 was built by Barber Car Co.


Brooklyn & Queens Transit

Older Passenger Cars

8000 Series Peter Witts

PCCs

Non-revenue Equipment


Brooklyn Historic Railway Association

The first run of the BRHA took place on September 1st, 1999, when car 3 took to the rails under overhead power. This car had been built in Oslo, Norway, in 1897, and was imported to the US by Arthur Seifert in 1970. He restored the car in his back yard, and it has been stored at various locations since. He sold it to George Hasselholt. It operated for a short time on the Jay Street Connecting RR under the Manhattan Bridge, using a long jumper cable. It is now on permanent loan to the BRHA. The original pantagraph was replaced with a pole trolley. The car runs very well. Oslo has two cars of this type in their museum as non-operating displays.

This car features dynamic braking and a hand brake for the final stop. This was a common practice in Europe and also on the West Penn in Pennsylvania. The body was built of wood in the local shop and outfitted by a predecessor of the German bus builder MAN. It is set up for a trailer as in the common practice in Europe.

Here are photos from Bob Diamond taken on October 31, 1999.


Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit Co.

We have a full page on this line.


Brooklyn Rapid Transit Co.

We have a full page on this line.


Buffalo & Lake Erie Traction Co.

Buffalo & Erie Ry.

On December 24, 1906, the Buffalo & Lake Erie Traction Company was formed through the consolidation of the Erie Electric Motor Co; the Hamburg Railway; the Buffalo, Dunkirk and Western; the Dunkirk and Fredonia; and the Lake Erie Fast Line. It became the Buffalo and Erie Railway Company on September 5, 1924. The last of its trolleys ran between Erie and New York on December 1, 1932

57 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in November 1924, #2845.

63 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in November 1924, #2845.

106 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1906 as Hamburg Railway.


Bush Terminal RR

We have a full page on this line.


Chautaqua Traction Co.

CTCo was built in 1904.  Westfield was completed in 1906 and a 1 mile branch to Barcelona was  built in 1909.  The branch was abandoned in 1920.  Mayville to Westfield was closed in 1925 and the rest were abandoned on March 19, 1926.

103 was built by Brill.


Dunkirk & Fredonia RR

6.

14.


Elmira & Horseheads Ry.

2 was built by Baldwin.


Elmira Light Heat & Power Co.

500 was built by Southern Car Co in 1917.  It was sold and rebuilt as Tranvia Electrico de Arquipa 701.

501 was built by Southern Car Co in 1917 as ELH&P 501.  It was sold and rebuilt as TEA 702.


Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville RR

We have a full page on this line.


Hudson & Manhattan RR

Port Authority-Trans Hudson

We have a full page on this line.


International Ry.

60.

Main Street from Seneca Street.


Jamestown Street Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


Jamestown Westfield & Northwestern RR

We have a full page on this line.


Metro-North Commuter RR

We have a full page on MU Cars.


Metropolitan Street Ry.

82.

176.

1516 was built by Stephenson Car Co, #1222.

1800.


Mineola Hempstead & Freeport Traction Co.

7.


Nassau Electric Ry.

7184 was built by Brill Car Co in August 1919, #20760.  It became Brookyn & Queens Transit 7184.


New York City Transit Authority

R1 Cars.

R6-3 Cars.

R30 Cars.

R62A.

South Brooklyn Ry.


New York Railways

This system was closed in 1936.

1939.


New York State Railways

Rochester Street Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


New York Westchester & Boston Ry.

We have a full page on this fallen flag heavy rail line.


Niagara Frontier Transit Authority

We have a full page on this line.


Niagara Junction Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


Oneonta & Otego Valley Ry.

Oneonta Cooperstown & Richfield Springs Ry.

Oneonta & Mohawk Valley Ry.

Otsego & Herkimer RR

Southern New York Power & Railway Co.

Southern New York Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


Paul Smiths RR Electric Light & Power Co.

This line was built in 1906 to connect the hotel and the New York Central station at Lake Clear Junction, 7 miles.  It closed in 1936.

1.


Poughkeepsie & Wappingers Street Ry.

44 was built by Bradley Car Co in 1922, #6775.  It was retired on November 25, 1935.

47 was built by Bradley Car Co in 1922, #6775.  It was retired on November 25, 1935.

51 was built by Osgood-Bradley Co in 1924.  It was sold as Northern States Power Co 251 in 1925 and sold to Third Avenue Street Ry in 1934.  It was rebuilt and placed in Service on August 22, 1934, and sold for scrap on May 10, 1948.

52 was built by Osgood-Bradley Co in 1924.  It was sold as NSPCo 252 in 1925 and sold to TARS in 1934.


Richmond Railways

401 thru 425 were built by Osgood-Bradley Car Co in 1924.  They were sold to Third Avenue Railway in 1933.

410 was rebuilt as TARS 1210.  One end was replaced after an accident. It was scrapped in July 1948.

415 was rebuilt as TARS 1215. Both ends were replaced by TARS. It was scrapped in July 1948.

416 was rebuilt as TARS 1216. It was scrapped in July 1948.

420 was rebuilt as TARS 1220. It was sold for scrap on May 10, 1948.

424 was rebuilt as TARS 1224. It was scrapped in early August 1948.

425 was rebuilt as TARS 1225. It was scrapped in July 1948.


Rochester & Eastern Rapid Rys.

205.  It became New York State Rys 0205 and became Rochester Transit Co 0205 in 1937.  It was scrapped in 1958.


Schenectady Ry.

We have a full page on this line.


Seneca Falls & Cayuga Lake RR

Un numbered dummy engine.


Seneca Falls & Waterloo RR

2.


Staten Island Rapid Transit

MTA Staten Island Ry.

361, Class ME-1, was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1925.

367, Class ME-1, was built by Standard Steel Car Co in 1925.

409, Class R-44, was built by St. Louis Car Co in December 1972.

435, Class R-44, was built by St. Louis Car Co in December 1972.


Third Avenue Railway System

There is an index.


United Traction Co.

We have a full page on this line.


Watervliet Arsenal

E-2 was built by General Electric, December, 1917, #6238, as Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 452, but was diverted to the government for use as Watervliet Arsenal E-2. It came to the Hagerstown & Frederick in 1947. Disposition is unknown.


Waverly Sayre & Athens Traction Co.

56.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/26/2014

Memorial of Saint Felix

Choose Life.


Home Page

 

Don's Depot

 

Everyone argues in favor of the virtue he practices easily, and exaggerates the difficulties of the virtues that are contrary to it.

-- St. Francis de Sales, Love of God