Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Municipal Railway of San Francisco

Cable Cars

2 was built by Carter Brothers in 1893 as Market Street Ry 502.  It was taken over by United Railroads of San Francisco in March 1902 and reorganized as a new Market Street Ry in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in1971.  It was renumbered 2 in 1973.

3 was built by Carter Brothers in 1893 as MSRy 503.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 rebuilt in 1955.  It was renumbered 3 in 1973.

4 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887 for Ferries & Cliff House Ry.  It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and was renumbered 543.  MSR was taken over by URR in March 1902 and rebuilt as 504 in 1915.  It was reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was renumbered 4 in 1973 and placed on Pac Bell Park as 44 in 2000.

5 was built by Carter Brothers in 1893 as MSRy 505.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorgznized as a new MSRy in April 1921,  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1956.  It was renumbered 5 in 1973.

7 was built by Carter Brothers in 1893 as MSRy 507.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1957.  It was renumbered 7 in 1973.

9 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887 for Ferries & Cliff House Ry.  It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and was numbered 542.  MSR was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was rebuilt as 509 in 1923 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was rebuilt in 1952 and renumbered 9 in 1973.  It was damaged in 1995.  

10 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 510.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1960.  It was renumbered 10 in 1973.

12 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 512.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 rebuilt in 1959.  It was renumbered 12 in 1973.

13 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 513.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1958.  It was renumbered 13 in 1973.  It was damaged in 1995 and retired.

14 was built by Muni in 1963 as 514.  It was renumbered 14 in 1973.

15 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 515.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1954.  It was renumbered 15 in 1973 and stored in 1984.

16 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 516.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1953.  It was renumbered 16 in 1973.

17 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887.   It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and was numbered 532.  MSR was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was rebuilt as 517 in 1929 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was rebuilt in 1956 and renumbered 17 in 1973.

19 was built by Carter Bros in 1893 for MSRy 519.  It was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921,  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and renumbered 500 in 1968.  It was renumbered 19 in 1973 and scrapped in 1986.

23 was built by F&CHRy in 1890. It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and was numbered 523.  MSR was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was taken over by Muni in April 1944 and rebuilt in 1969.  It was renumbered 23 in 1973.

24 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887 for F&CHRy.  It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and was numbered 534.  MSR was taken over by URR in March 1902 and reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921.  It was rebuilt as 524 in 1929 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was used at the Chicago Railroad Fair in 1949 and on rubber tires for a Shiner convention in 1950.  It was rebuilt in 1958 and renumbered 24 in 1973.

26 was built by F&CHRy in 1890.  It was combined as MSRy 526 in August 1893 and was taken over by URR in March 1902.  Reorganized was a new MSRy in April 1921 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was rebuilt and renumbered 26 in 1975.

27 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887 for F&CHRy.  It was combined as MSRy 527 in August 1893 and was taken over by URR in March 1902.  Reorganized was a new MSRy in April 1921 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was rebuilt in 1958 and renumbered 27 in 1973.

28 was built by Mahoney Brothers in 1887 for F&CHRy.  It was combined as MSRy in August 1893 and renumbered 544.  MSRy was taken over by URR in March 1902 and rebuilt as 501 in 1912.  It was reorganized as a new MSRy in April 1921 and taken over by Muni in April 1944.  It was rebuilt in 1951 and renumbered 28 in 1973.  It was retired in January 2004.

21 was built by Hammond Car in 1906 as California Street Cable RR 21.  It was taken over by Muni in 1951 and was given to Travel Town.

51 was built by Holman Car Co in 1906 as CSC 51.  It was taken over by Muni in 1951 and retained the same number.

57 was built by CSC in 1914 as CSC 57.  It was taken over by Muni in 1951 and retained the same number.

58 was built by CSC in 1914, as CSC 58.  It was taken over by Muni as 58 in 1951.

60 was built by Hammond Car in 1906 as CSC 16.  It was taken over by Muni in 1951 and was renumbered 60 in 1957.   It was rebuilt in 1968 and retired.

Grip changes.

For a complete history of this company please visit The Cable Car Home Page.  

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

8/24/2012

Memorial of St. Ouen of Rouen

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O God our Creator, from Your provident hand we have received our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  You have called us as your people and given us the right and the duty to worship You, the only true God, and your Son, Jesus Christ.

Through the power and working of Your Holy Spirit, You call us to live out our faith in the midst of the world, bringing the light and the saving truth of the Gospel of every corner of society.