Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago South Shore & South Bend RR

Insull Era Passenger Cars

1 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was later air-conditioned.  It went to National Park Service in 1983 and loaned to Southern Michigan RR

2 was built by Pullman in 1926.

3 was built by Pullman in 1926.

4 was built by Pullman in 1926.

5 was built by Pullman in 1926.

6 was built by Pullman in 1926.

7 was built by Pullman in 1926.  It went to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1988.

8 was built by Pullman in 1926.

9 was built by Pullman in 1926.

11 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1945 by adding 18 feet in the center. It was acquired by East Troy Electric RR Museum where the humps were removed and the car was renumbered 1111. In 1991 it was traded to the Michigan Transportation Museum.

13 was built by Pullman in 1926 and was rebuilt in 1946.

14 was built by Pullman in 1926,  It was rebuilt in 1942.  It went to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1988.

15 was built by Pullman in 1926.  It was rebuilt in 1942.

18 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened in 1945.

19 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened in 1945.

20 was built by Pullman in 1927,  It was lengthened in 1946.

21 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened in 1946 and preserved at East Troy, WI.

22 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened in 1945 and it was purchased by a city council member in Jacksonville, FL

23 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened and air conditioned and got picture windows in 1947.

24 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened and air conditioned, and got picture windows in 1947.

25 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened and air conditioned, and got picture windows in 1947.

26 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340. It was rebuilt in 1948 by lengthening the car and putting in large windows and air conditioning.

27 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340. It was rebuilt in 1948 by lengthening the car and putting in large windows and air conditioning.

28 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340. It was rebuilt in 1948 by lengthening the car and putting in large windows and air conditioning.

30 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340.  It was air conditioned and sold to Wisconsin Electric Railway Museum in 1984.  It was sold to East Troy Electric Ry in 1984.  It was later rebuilt without the humps and renumbered 1130.

31 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340.  It was air conditioned and sold to Overhead & Third Rail Museum Group  in 1981.  It sold to Hoosier Valley Railroad Museum in 1987.

32 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340.  It was air-conditioned and sold to National Park Service in 1983.  It was leased to Seashore Trolley Museum in 1989.

33 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340.  It was air-conditioned and sold to National Park Service in 1983

34 was built by Standard Car in 1929,, #P-3340.  It was air conditioned and sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1983.

35 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3380.  It was air-conditioned.

36 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3380.  It was air-conditioned and sold to National Park Service in 1983  It was leased to Southern Michigan Ry.

37 was built by Standard Car in 1929,, #P-3380.  It was air conditioned and sold to IRM in 1983.

38 was built by Standard Car in 1929 and was modernized by removal of the Pullman style smoker.

39 was built by Standard Car in 1929.  Only minor changes were made over the years included air conditioning.  It was sold to Boone & Scenic Valley RR in 1984.

40 was built by Standard in 1929 as trailer 213. It was motorized and renumbered in 1938.

100 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943, and received air conditioning and picture windows in 1949.  It was sold to a shopping center at Chesterton, IN, in 1983.

101 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943, and received air conditioning and picture windows in 1949.

102 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1944. Air conditioning and picture windows came in 1950.  It was sold to Boone & Scenic Valley RR in 1983.

103 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943. Air conditioning and picture windows came in 1950. It was sold to a shopping center at Chesterton, IN, in 1983.

104 was builtt by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943. Air conditioning and picture windows came in 1950.

105 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1944. Air conditioning and picture windows came in 1950.

106 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943. In 1949 it was air conditioned and got large windows.

107 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1944 and got air conditioning and picture windows in 1949.

108 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1943 and got air conditioning and picture windows in 1949.

109 was built by Pullman in 1926. It was lengthened in 1944. Air conditioning and picture windows came in 1949.

110 was built by Standard in 1929 as coach 10. It was rebuilt into 110 in 1951.

111 was built by Pullman in 1929 as coach 29. It was rebuilt into 111 in 1951.  It went to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1988 and later scrapped.

201 was built by Pullman in 1927 and lengthened in 1946.

202 was built by Pullman in 1927 and lengthened in 1946.

204 was built by Pullman in 1927 and lengthened in 1947.

205 and 206 were built by Pullman in 1927 and lengthened in 1948.

222 was built by Kuhlman in 1908 for the CLS&SB and was numbered between 101 and 110. It was rebuilt in 1927 to a deluxe coach and numbered 222. Shortly afterwards, when the 200s arrived, it was used by the Way & Structures Dept. Later it was used as a newspaper car, and it was scrapped in 1941.

301 was a full diner built by Pullman in 1927. It was retired after only 5 years in 1932, and it was scrapped in 1941.

353 was built by Standard in 1929 as a parlor car. It was converted to control coach in 1938.

While not exactly Insull era cars, the 503 and 504 fit here better than anywhere else.

503 was built by St. Louis Car in 1926 as Indiana Service Corp 375.   It was a RPO-baggage-passenger combine. In 1932 it became Indiana RR 375. It was rebuilt again in 1935. In 1941, after the final days of the IRR, it was purchased by the CSS&SB and rebuilt as a baggage trailer  for newspaper service. It was rebuilt again in 1952 to a more baggage car appearance as can be seen in the photo.

504 was built by St. Louis Car in 1926 as ISC 377. It was a RPO-baggage-passenger combine. In 1932 it became Indiana RR  377 and was rebuilt without the RPO. It was rebuilt again in 1935. In 1941, after the final days of the IRR, they were purchased by the CSS&SB and rebuilt as a baggage trailer for newspaper service. They were rebuilt again in 1955 to a more baggage car appearance as can be seen in the photo.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/5/2016

Memorial of Saint Bertin the Great

Labor Day

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Mary was the most perfect among the saints only because she was always perfectly united to the will of God.

--St. Alphonsus Liguori