Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Colorado Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

Allwaste Container Services

Philips Service Corp.

S&J Cleaning Services

This is a national company.


American Coal Co.

140, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9574, FN 4005-7, as Great Northern 168, Class SW-7.  It became Burlington Northern 140, Class SW-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1985.  It was sold to Great Western Ry 140 in January 1986 and leased as American Coal Co 140. It was transferred as GWR 140 in 1987 and resold as Liberty Rail Services Inc 140 in 1988.


Argentine Central Ry.

One of the fabled narrow gauge lines was the AC which ran from Silver Plume to the summit of Mt. McClellan. Power was all Shay geared. It opened in 1905 and was renamed Argentine and Grays Peak in 1912. It was abandoned in 1918.

1 was built by Lima in 1905, #1561. The photo was retouched after oxidation destroyed part of it.

4 was built by Lima in 1907. This photo was also slightly retouched.

6 was built by Lima in 1907 also.

At the upper terminal, we find a train with Colorado & Southern cars.


Atlas Cement Co.

9400, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20384, FN 4301-1, as Baltimore & Ohio 625, Class DES-20E.  It was renumbered 9400, SE-3, in 1956, and reclassified Class SW-900 in 1964,  It was retired September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Atlas Cement Co 9400 in October 1987 and resold to OmniTrax in 1996.  It was leased and assigned as OmniTrax Switching Service 9400 in 1999.


Broderick Wood Products Corp.

No number, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1947, #29071, as Fibreboard Corp 1.  It was sold as Morrison-Knudsen Corp 84 and resold as BWP no number.  It was sold as Koppers Corp no number in 1983.


Cadillac & Lake City Ry.

 We have a full page on this fallen flag.


City of Colorado Springs

9706, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric.  It was sold as Great Western RR 77.


Colorado & Eastern RR

410, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5510, FN E911-1, as St Louis-San Francisco 250.  It became Burlington Northern 410, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 410 in July 1982 and sold as Denver Ry 410.  It became Denver Rock Island RR 410.

411, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5511, FN E911-2, as SL-SF 251.  It became BN 411, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 411 in July 1982 and sold as Sidney & Lowe RR 2 in August 1987.

412, NW-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5512, FN E911-3, as SL-SF 252.  It became BN 412, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 412 in July 1982 and sold to Dixie River RR as 412.  It was sold as Acadiana Ry 412.

413, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1948, #5513, FN E911-4, as SL-SF 253. It became BN 413, Class NW-2, in December 1980, and was retired in June 1982. It was sold to COE as 413 in July 1982 and sold to DRRR as 413. It was then sold to Mississippi Delta Equipment Co as 413.

415, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1948, #6248, FN E988-2, as SL-SF 255. It became BN 415, Class NW-2, in December 1980, and was retired in June 1982. It was sold to COE as 415 in July 1982 and sold to DRRR as 415. It then was sold to MDECo 415 and then Union Tank Car Co 415.

417, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6250, FN E988-4, as SL-SF 257.  It became BN 417, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 417 in July 1982 and sold as DRWY 417.  It became DRIR 417.

716, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1953, #17916, FN 6123-A2, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 804. It became BN 9756, Class F-7, in 1970. It was later renumbered 972553L and back to 9756. It was then renumbered 716 and retired in February 1981.  It was sold to Cadillac & Lake City as 716 in 1981 and later sold to COE as 716 in 1984. It was later sold to Minnesota Zephyr Limited as 787 in 1985.

732, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1951, #14254, FN 3092-A3, as NP 6014A.  It became BN 732, Class F-7, in 1970 and sold as CLK 732 in February 1982.  It was sold as COE 732 and sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers in January 1991.

986, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3479, FN FN E687-1, as Great Northern 186, Class RS-2. It became BN 986, Class NW-5, in 1970 and sold to COE as 986 in December 1981, It later was sold to DRWY as 986 and later to Great Western Ry 986.

990, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3483, FN E687-5, as GN 190, Class RS-2. It became BN 990, Class NW-5, in 1970 and retired in July 1982. It was sold to COE as 990 in August 1982 and sold to Pielet Brothers for scrap in July 1988.

992, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3485, FN E687-7, as GN 192, Class RS-2.  It became BN 992, Class NW-5, in 1970 and retired in July 1982.  It was sold to COE as 992 in August 1982,  It was sold to Iowa Southern Ry as 992 and then to Council Bluffs & Ottumwa Ry as 992.  In 1991 it became Council Bluffs Ry 991 and sold to Lake Superior Railroad Museum.  It was restored as GN 192, Class RS-2, in 1995.

994, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3487, FN E687-9, as GN 194, Class RS-2. It became BN 994, Class NW-5, in 1970 and retired in July 1982. It was sold to COE as 994 in August 1982. It was sold to IASR as 994 and then to CB&O as 994. In 1991 it became CBRY as 991.

1557, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #13170, FN 5072-2, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 201.  It became BN 1557, Class GP-7, in 1970 and was retired in October 1982.  It was sold as COE 1557 in November 1982 and sold for scrap to Pielet Brothers in July 1988.

1593, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #14701, FN 5072-38, as CB&Q 237.  It became BN 1593, Class GP-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1982.  It was sold as COE 1593 in November 1982.


Colorado & South-Eastern RR

The C&SE operated over 6.27 of their own rails between Delagua to Barnes and over 14.51 miles of the Colorado & Southern from Delagua to Ludlow and Trinidad. It was owned by Victor-American Fuel Co. In 1932 they owned 3 locomotives. It opened in 1903 and was abandoned in 1951.

I have no roster information on 3.


Colorado & Wyoming Ry.

203, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1951, #15379, FN 6269-3.  It was sold to Sterling Bomba LLC as STBX 203 in December 2013.

210, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15940, FN 6269-10.  It was sold as STBX 210 in December 2013.

211, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1952, #15941, FN 6269-11.

1216, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #5561, FN E919-5, as Louisiana & Arkansas 1216.  It became Kansas City Southern 1216 and sold to Precision National Corp in April 1972.  It was sold as E I DuPont deNemoirs 108 in 1973 and later sold as Colorado & Wyoming Ry 1216.

2001, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1973, #73632-1, FN 73632-1.  It was sold as Central Oregon & Pacific 5001 and renumbered 3818.

2002, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1973, #73632-2, FN 73632-2.  It was sold as CORP 5002 and renumbered 3819.


Colorado Fuel & Iron Co.

1, 12Ton, was built by Davenport in November 1951, #3387.


Colorado Railcar Manufacturing LLC

2002 was built by CRM in 2002.  It was lettered to Tri-County Commuter Rail Authority 702 in 2005 and sent to Transportation Technology Center at Pueblo, CO.


Colorado Railroad

This road was a reorganization of the 2nd Colorado & Southeastern in 1939. The Colorado lasted until 1957.

1 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1911 as Fox & Illinois Union 7, an electric express motor.  It was rebuilt with a gas engine in 1932 and sold it as CRR 1 in 1939,

The caboose with no number came from Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe.


Colorado Springs & Cripple Creek District Ry.

We have a special page on this long gone railroad.


Crystal River RR

101 was built by Baldwin in 1900, #17872.  It became Denver & Rio Grande 430, Class 93, in 1916 and became Denver & Rio Grande Western 360, Class C-21, in 1924.  It was scrapped at Salida on August 7, 1950.

102 was built by Baldwin in 1900, #17717.  It became D&RG 431, Class 93, in 1916 and became D&RGW 361, Class C-21, in 1924.  It was scrapped at Pueblo on November 15, 1951.


Denver Leadville & Gunnison RR

This is the only thing I have on this narrow gauge railroad. I found it in the Denver Library collection, and they had little information. It came from the Caroline Bancroft collection and had the name of Lad G. Arend penciled on the back. The railroad opened in 1889 and closed nine years later in 1898.


Denver Railway

88, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1940, #1070, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9143. It became Burlington Northern 88, Class SW-1, in 1970, and was retired in July 1980 and sold to Joseph & Sons in July 1980. It was then sold to DRWY as 88.

410, Class NW-2, was built in April 1948, #5510, FN E911-1, as St Louis-San Francisco 250.  It became BN 410, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 410 in July 1982 and sold as DRWY 410.  It became Denver Rock Island RR 410.

417, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6250, as SL-SF 257. It became BN 417, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 417 in July 1982 and sold as DRWY 417.  It became DRIR 417.

986, NW5, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1946, #3479, as Great Northern 186, Class RS-2. It became BN 986, Class NW-5, in 1970 and sold to COE as 986 in December 1981. It later was sold to DRWY as 986 and later to Great Western Ry 986.

998, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1941, #1282, as CB&Q 9150.  It became BN 94, Class SW-1, in 1970 and sold to Ladish Malting Co as LM-1.  It was sold to DRWY as 998.


Denver Rock Island RR

410, NW2, was built by Electro-Motivein April 1948, #5510, FN E911-1, as St Louis-San Francisco 250.  It became BN 410, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to Colorado & Eastern RR as 410 in July 1982 and sold as Denver Ry 410.  It became DRIR 410.

417, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1948, #6250, as SL-SF 257. It became BN 417, Class NW-2, in December 1980 and was retired in June 1982.  It was sold to COE as 417 in July 1982 and sold as DRWY 417.  It became DRIR 417.


Deseret-Western Ry.

Deseret Power Ry.

WFU-1, E60C, was built by General Electric in August 1983, #43146.  It was renumbered DPR-1 in 2001.


Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge RR

This is a tourist line. 


Florence & Cripple Creek RR

Cripple Creek & Colorado Springs RR

3 "Elkton" was built by Baldwin in July 1895, #14352.  It became CC&CS 3 in April 1915.  It was sold as Denver & Rio Grande 425, Class 62 and became Denver & Rio Grande Western 315, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was donated to City of Durango in February 1950.

5 "Florence" was built by Baldwin in 1895, #14513.  It was sold as D&RG 427, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 317, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was dismantled at Montrose on November 8, 1948.

8 "Goldfield" was built by Baldwin in March 1896, #14769.  It was sold as D&RG 428, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 318, Class C-18, in 1924.  It went to Colorado Railroad Museum in 1954.

9 "Alta Vista" was built by Baldwin in 1896, #14770.  It was sold as D&RG 429, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 319, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was wrecked on July 17, 1951, and scrapped on September 15, 1951.

11 "Strong" was built by Baldwin in 1897, #15246.  It was sold as D&RG 426, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 316, Class C-18, as 1924.  It was scrapped in 1946.


Georgetown Breckenridge & Leadville RR

15, 47 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1943, #27538, as Oahu Railway & Land Co 15.  It was sold Camino Cable & Northern RR 15 in 1947, and resold as Georgetown Loop RR 15 in 1986.  It was sold to Colorado Railroad Museum in 2004 and was lettered as GB&L 15.  It was leased as Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR 15 in 2013.


Georgetown Loop RR

15, 47 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1943, #27538, as Oahu Railway & Land Co 15.  It was sold Camino Cable & Northern RR 15 in 1947, and resold as GLRR 15 in 1986.  It was sold to Colorado Railroad Museum in 2004 and was lettered as Georgetown Breckenridge & Leadville RR 15.  It was leased as Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR 15 in 2013.


Golden City & San Juan RR

Colorado Railroad Museum

346, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in July 1881, #5712, as Denver & Rio Grande 406 "Cumbres", Class 70.  It became Denver & Rio Grande Western 346, Class C-19, in 1924 and sold to Montezuma Lumber Co 346 on May 19, 1947.  It was sold to Booker Junkyard in March 1948 and sold to the Narrow Gauge Motel in July 1950.  It went to Colorado Railroad Museum in June 1958 and was lettered as GC&SJ 346 .


Great Western Ry

This is a road operated by OmniTrax.


Leadville Colorado & Southern

 We have a special page on this tourist railroad.


Liberty Rail Service, Inc.

140, SW7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9574, FN 4005-6, as Great Northern 168, Class SW-7.  It became Burlington Northern 140, Class SW-7, in 1970 and retired in October 1985.  It was sold as Great Western Ry 140 in January 1986 and resold as LRS 140 in 1988.


Manitou & Pikes Peak Ry.

15 was built by Schweizerische Lokomotiv-und Maschinenfabrik in 1964.

17 was built by SLM in 1966.

18 was built by SLM in 1976.

24 was built by SLM in 1984.

104 was built by Wason Car Co in 1890.


Montezuma Lumber Co.

346, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in July 1881, #5712, as Denver & Rio Grande 406 "Cumbres", Class 70.  It became Denver & Rio Grande Western 346, Class C-19, in 1924 and sold to Montezuma Lumber Co 346 on May 19, 1947.  It was sold to Booker Junkyard in March 1948 and sold to the Narrow Gauge Motel in July 1950.  It went to Colorado Railroad Museum in June 1958 and was lettered as Golden City & San Juan 346 .


Mountain Diesel Corp.

101, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1948, #5744, as Spokane Portland & Seattle 41. It became Burlington Northern 594, Class NW-2, in 1970 and was retired in May 1982. It was sold on June 1982 to Pacific Transportation Services as 101 in June 1982 and later sold to Peter Replinger as 101. It was later sold to MDC as 101 and then Diesel Supply Co.

1506, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19045, as Alaska RR 1506.  It was sold to MTD as 1506 in 1986 and wrecked.

1510, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19064, as ARR 1510.  It was numbered 1775 from January 1976 into 1977, when it was numbered back to 1510.  It was sold to MDT as 1510 in 1986 and sold to Wyoming-Colorado RR as 1510.  It was transferred to Arizona Central RR as 1512 in 1996.  It then was transferred as Verde Canyon RR 1512.

1511, F7B, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #5868, FN E956-B1, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 555-B, Class DE4(B-B)235.  It was renumbered 5552 in 1950 and reclassified as Class DE B-B59 in 1962.  It was retired on May 17, 1970 and sold as ARR 1517 in May 1970,  It was retired and sold as MDT 1511 in 1986.  It was sold as W-CRR 1511.  It was scrapped in November 2008.

1512, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19065, as ARR 1512. It was sold to MDT as 1512 in 1986 and then to W-CRR as 1512.  It later transferred to AZCR as 1512 in 1996 and was later transferred as VCRR 1512.


Public Service Co. of Colorado

No number, BCL12, was built by Brookville in 1948.


Rio Grande Southern RR

2 was built by Buick and rebuilt in August 1931.  It went to the Colorado Railroad Museum in 1951.

0404 was built by RGS in 1904.  It went to the Colorado Railroad Museum in 1951.

0409 was built by Denver & Rio Grande as 11 in 1878.  It was renumbered 0510 and sold to RGS as W409 in 1891.  It was renumbered 0409 and repainted as Tomahawk & Western for the movie "Ticket to Tomahawk" in 1951.  It went to Narrow Gauge Motel in 1953 and sold to Magic Mountain in Golden, CO, in 1959.  It was rebuilt and then sold to Heritage Square in Golden, CO, in 1971.  It was sold to Disneyland Tokyo in the 1990s.


Royal Gorge Incline RR

This line was built by Otis Elevator in 1931.  It is 1500 feet 45 degree angle.  It was badly damaged by fire at the top level on June 11, 2013, and it is expected to be re-opened. 


Royal Gorge Route RR

Canon City & Rio Grande RR

Rock & Rail LLC

203, SD9u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1954, #19460, FN 5322-32, as Southern Pacific 5371, Class DF-120.  It was renumbered 3830, Class EF618-2, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4412, Class EF618-1, in 1976.  It was sold as BHP Nevada RR 203 in 1996 and sold as RRRR 203 in 1998.

403, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #8563, as Chicago & North Western 4079-C. It was rebuilt for suburban service on April 20, 1961, and renumbered 422 in March 1972 and 403 in 1982.  It was sold as CCRG 403 in 1998 and became RGR 403 in 2000.

Ideal 1, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1941, #1360, FN E395-8, as Southern Pacific 1317, Class DS-101.  In 1966 it was renumbered 1911, Class ES 410-1, and sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in August 1973.  It was sold as Ideal Cement Co in December 1973 and sold to CCRX as Ideal 1.


San Luis & Rio Grande RR

This was an Iowa Pacific tourist line.


San Luis Valley Southern RR

103 was built by Baldwin in September 1890, #11207, as Denver & Rio Grande 583, Class 113.  It became Denver & Rio Grande Western 683, Class C-28, in 1924 and sold as SLVS 103 in 1947.  It went to Colorado RR Museum in 1962 and restored as D&RG 583.


Uintah Ry

This was a Utah line except for a few miles in Colorado.  

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/2/2016

Memorial of Saint Adeloga of Kitzingen

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

The Name of Jesus, pronounced with reverence and affection, has a kind of power to soften the heart.

--St. Phillip Neri