Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Cargill Co

1, 20 Ton, was built by Vulcan in February 1942, #4354, as Corps of Engineers 2093.  It became United States Army 7714 and sold as Connor Land & Lumber Co 1.  It was sold as Otter Tail Power Co 1 and then Langren Grain Co  1.  It became Cargill Seed Sales 1 in 1985.

1, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1939, #946, FN E260-8, as Great Northern 5319, Class SW-4.  It was renumbered 119 in 1943 and became Great Northern 464, Class NW-2, in 1970.  It was retired in May 1982 and sold to Smith Brothers in June 1982.  It was sold as Pillsbury Rail Terminal 1 in September 1987 and resold as CRGX 1.

2, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1943, #17751, as USA 7851.  It was sold to Quick-Way Crane & Shovel Co and resold as Early & Daniel Co  2.  It became Cargill 2 and then Kentland Elevator & Supply Co 2.

2, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1947, #29045, as Koppers Co unknown number.  It was sold at Peavey Grain unknown number and sold as Cargill 2.  It became Agri Grain Marketing 2.

3, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1946, #28335, as Sacramento Northern RR 145, Class S-26.  It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co in June 1972 and sold as Northwest Oklahoma Ry 2 in 1973.  It was sold to Westmac Inc in 1976 and sold as Cargill 3 in 1984.  It was sold as Shepard Grain Co 3 in October 1998 and sold as Champaign Landmark Inc 3 in October 2003.  It was sold for scrap to Western Star Rail Services in 2008.

3, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21022, FN 4828-2, as Norfolk & Portsmouth Belt Line 102.  It was sold as Ladish Malting Co LM3 in 1988 and the company was taken over as CRGX 3 in 1991.

6, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17902, as United States Army 7857 for Unatilla Ordance Depot.  It became United States Navy 65-00509 and sold to Eveready Equipment as 6.  It was resold as American Grain & Cattle Co 6 and became PLB Grain 6.  It became MidWest Storage Co 6 and became Cargill 6.

10, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1948, #29990, as Point Comfort & Northern 2.  It was transferred as Alcoa Corp in March 1960 and sold as Alton & Southern 629.  It was sold to Cooper Terminal and returned as A&S 1.  It was sold as Cargill 10.

11, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20389, FN 4301-6, as Baltimore & Ohio 630, Class DS-20E.  It was renumbered 9405, Class SE-3, in 1956, and reclassified Class SW-900 in 1956.  It was retired on September 8, 1986, and sold to Wilson Railway Corp on December 23, 1986.  It was sold as Cargill as 11 in October 1987.

12, S1, was built by Alco.

14 "Lady Di", SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1941, #1563, FN E448-1, as Louisville & Nashville 12, Class S-30.  It was sold as Cargill 14 "Lady Di" and became Agri Grain Marketing 14.

18, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17893, as United States Army 7286.  It became United States Navy 65-000506 in 1965 and sold as Cargill 18 in 1969.

44, SW1200, was built as an S12 by Baldwin in June 1952, #75184, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1212. It was renumbered 44 in 1960 and rebuilt by Electro-Motive on November 28, 1962, #27801, as SW1200 but apparently only the trucks were used. In 1984 it was sold to Belton RR as 44.  The line was taken over as Georgetown RR 44 and sold as Cargill/Plantation Foods 44, but it was apparently not repainted or lettered.  It was sold to Watco and sold as Chaparral Steel Co 2285 in 2002. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as NREX 2285 in December 2013.

62 "Ruth", SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1940, #1233, FN E367-1, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 231.  It was sold as Great Western Sugar Co 231 in July 1959 and transferred as Great Western RR 62.  It was sold as Cargill 62 "Ruth".

66, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric.

90, TR2A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #10022, FN E1305-A2, as Chicago & North Western 2001-A.  It was renumbered 2001 in June 1962 and rebuilt as 1010 on September 25, 1973.  It was retired on April 12, 1990, and sold to Wilson Railway in April 1990.  It was sold as CRGX 90.

100, 80DE6A, was built by Whitcomb in 1942, #60160, as United States Navy 65-00082.  It was sold as Beech Mountain RR 100 and resold as Cargill 100.

101, NW1u, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1938, #777, FN E187-1, as Great Northern 5102, Class SW-2.  It was renumbered 5301 in 1939 and renumbered 101 in 1943.  It was rebuilt by Electro-Motive in June 1953. FN 7506-2, and became Burlington Northern 101, Class SW-8, in 1970.  It was sold as  Continental Grain Co 101 in June 1982 and became Cargill 101.

BBOH104, SW8, was built by General Motors in February 1954, #A611, FN C179-1, as Essex Terminal Ry 104.  It was sold as Cargill BBOH104 in 1999.

105, S4, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79225 as Fairport Painesville & Eastern 105.   It was sold as Railway Equipment Leasing Corp 1053 and then sold as Indiana Hi-Rail 105.  It was then sold as Cargill 105.

151, GP7, was built by General Motors in January 1951, #A171, FN C110-2, as Algoma Central Ry 151.  It was sold to Keoto-Washington Transportation Co (Kewash RR) 151 in 1982 and sold as Agri Industries 151.  It became Continental 151 and then Cargill 151.  It was sold as Attebury Grain Co 151.

157, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1941, #1397, FN E402-2, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 239.  It was sold as West India Fruit & Steamship Co 239 in July 1959 and became Port of Palm Beach 239.  It was sold as Union States Sugar Co 157 and sold as Naporano Iron & Metal 157.  It was sold as U S Phosphoric Products 157 and became Cities Service Chemicals 157.  It became Gardinier Big River Inc 157 and sold as Cargill 157.

206, RS1, was built by Alco in February 1944, #71371, as Minneapolis & St Louis 200.  It was renumbered 244 in March 1956 and sold as Sydney & Louisburg 206 in 1960.  It was sold as Cargill 206.

207, RS1, was built by Alco in October 1944, #71436, as M&StL 944.  It was renumbered 202 in March 1956 and sold as S&L 207 in 1960.  It was sold as Cargill 207.

476, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1941, #1375, FN E400-6. as Great Northern 5329.  It was renumbered 129 in 1943 and became Burlington Northern 476, Class NW-2, in 1970.  It was retired on April 29, 1982, and sold as Cargill 476 on July 23, 1982.

481, 44 Ton, was built by Davenport in 1953, #3367, as U S Army 1219.  It was sold as Cargill 481 in 1974 and acquired as Fremont & Elkhorn Valley Ry 1481 in 1999.

499 "Paula", NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in  November 1949, #7797, FN E1098-12, as GN 162, Class SW-4.  It became BN 499, Class NW-2, in 1970 and retired on September 29, 1980.  It was sold to Joseph Simon & Sons in March 1981 and sold as Cargill 499 in May 1985.

573, SD38-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1971, #38205, FN 5787-3, as Louisville & Nashville 1251, Class SD-40.  It became Seaboard System RR 1251 in January 1983 and renumbered 8327 in 1984.  It became CSX Transportation 8327, Class SD-40, in April 1986 and sold as VMV Enterprise 8327.  It was rebuilt for General Motors as EMDX 6502 and rebuilt as Belt Ry of Chicago 573, SD38-3.  It was sold to Cargill Inc as CRGX 573 in 2013.

704, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #17347, FN 6416-4, as Florida East Coast 610. It was sold to XTRA and then to Iowa Northern as 610 in July 1981. It was later sold to  Kiamichi RR as 704 and later transferred to Chapparal RR. It was sold as LRS Cos 704 and resold as Cargill 704.

867, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1939, #1039, FN E298-1, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1613, Class DE-6.  It was reclassified as Class 6E-S.  It was renumbered 963 in 1959 and 867 in January 1973.  It was sold as CRGX 867 and was sent to Indiana Transportation Museum.  It is to be restored as MILW 867.

1004, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1939, #975, FN E281-,. as Southern Pacific 1004, Class D-4.  It was reclassified in 1966 as Class ES406-2 and sold as Cargill 1004.

1134, G8, was built in by General Motors in June 1954, #A613, FN C180-2, as Canadian National 7672, Class GR-9a.  It was renumbered 1572 in 1954 and renumbered 1102 in 1956.  It was renumbered as 852 in 1957.  It was rebuilt in 1957 and sold as Columbia Cellulose Co 1134.  It was sold as S G Paikin 85 and sold as Cargill 1134 in 1981.

1278, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18110, FN 4228-4, as Chicago & North Western 1278. It was retired on May 17, 1978, and sold to Cargill, Duluth, MN, as 1278.

1279, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18112, FN 4228-6, as Chicago & North Western 1279 .  It was retired on June 1, 1978, and sold to Wilson-Cramer.  It was sold to Peavey Grain Co in  Duluth, MN, as 1279.  It was sold as CAGX 1279 and became Berthold Farmers Elevator BFEX 1279.

1320, NW2u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #7325, FN E1045-32, as Texas & New Orleans 80, Class DS-109.  In 1966 it was renumbered Southern Pacific 1922, Class ES410-2.  It was rebuilt at Houston as 1320, Class ES410E-2, and was completed on January 28, 1972.  It was sold as Cargill 1320 and was sent to Devore, CA.  It later went to Saginaw, TX.  It was sold to Rail Switching Services as RSSX 1320 in January 2013.

1342, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1953, #18886, FN 6522-6, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2869, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in December 1978 as 2145, Class 2050. It became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 1342, Class GP7, on September 3, 1998.  It was retired on May 13, 2007, and it was sold as Cargill 1342 in 2011.

2014, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17646, FN 5219-23, as AT&SF 2835, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1981 as 2014, Class 2000, and sold as  Cargill 2014 in February 1993.

9073, S2, was built by Alco in December 1948, #76504, as Baltimore & Ohio 529, Class DS-5A.  It was renumbered 9073, Class SA-3, in 1957 and reclassified Class S-2 in 1965.  It was sold to Luntz Iron and Steel on November 3, 1972, and sold as Cargill 9073 on April 15, 1974.

9330, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1957, #24143, FN 4412-12, as Pennsylvania RR 7911, Class ES-12.  It was renumbered 9011 in 1966 and became Penn Central 9011, Class ES-12, in 1968.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 9330, Class SW-1200, in April 1976 and sold as Cargill Inc as CRGX 9330.

No number, 30 Ton, was built by Plymouth.

No number, 65 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1943, #15730, as United States Army 7350.  It was sold as Michigan Elevator Co 7350 and sold as Cargill no number.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1943, #17894, as USA 7279. It was sold to Cargill at Channelview, TX and sold to Diesel Electric Service Co as DESX 711 in 1981.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1943, #17892, as USA 7285.  It was sold to Cargill Co.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1943, #17899, as USA 7854.  It was sold to Cargill in Illinois.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17902, as USA 7857.  It was sold to Cargill in Texas.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric, as Akzo Nobel Salt Co no number.  It became Cargill Salt Inc, no number, in 1997.

No number, 80 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in April 1955, #76106, as Montana Western RR 100.  It was sold as Cargill no number in 1970 and sold to Diesel Traction Co in August 1985.

No number, tug.

 

Thanks for roster information: David A Dallner, Randy Keller, Robert H Lehmuth

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/14/2017

Memorial of Saint Caldeoldus of Vienne

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Now there stood by the cross of Jesus, his mother and his mother's sister, Mary of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalen. When Jesus therefore had seen his mother and the disciple standing whom he loved, he saith to his mother: Woman, behold thy son. After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother. And from that hour, the disciple took her to his own.

-- John xix. 25-27