Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Photos Duluth & Northeastern RR
Don's Rail Photos
Duluth & Northeastern RR
The D&NE was incorporated in 1898 and operated a common carrier railroad in conjunction with the logging operations of the Northwest Paper Co. At one time they ran all the way to Hornby which was 58 miles north. In recent years they ran only a few miles in the Cloquet area and the remains of the line were taken over by Cloquet Terminal RR on May 13, 2002.
16 was built by Baldwin in November 1913, #40874. It was donated to City of Cloquet.
27 was built by Pittsburg in June 1907, #42278, as Duluth Missabe & Northern 340, Class C-3. In 1938 it became Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 340, Class C-3. It was sold as D&NE 27 in May 1955 and donated to Carlton County in 1968.
30 was built by Alco in March 1921, #62894, as Lake Superior Terminal & Transfer 21. It was the last steam locomotive acquired by the D&NE.
31, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1941, #1403, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 245. It came to the D&NE in December 1963 and began dieselization.
32, SW!, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1940, #1236, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 234. It came to the D&NE in December 1963.
35, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1967, #32399.
Here are a collection of cabooses.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of St. John the Almsgiver of Arnathus
Some false and pernicious ideas on immodest dress prevail in the world and lead into error souls desirous to do right. Remember, therefore, it matters not how many others sin, yours can never be justified before God, and where it is fashionable to sin it is likewise the fashion to go to hell. The choice is always yours to make.
--St. John Chrysostom