Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
St. Johnsbury & Lake Champlain RR
St. Johnsbury & Lamoille County RR
Lamoille Valley RR
The StJ&LC was formed in 1880 to take over the Vermont Division of the Portland & Ogdensburg, 96 miles between St Johnsbury and Swanton. It later was reorganized as the StJ&LC and again later as LV. Only the portion of the line from St Johnsbury to Morrisville is still operated.
27 was built by Baldwin in 1923, #56033, as McKeesport Connecting RR 27. It was sold as StJ&LC 27 in 1949 and sold as Rock of Ages Corp 27. It was scrapped in 1956.
46, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1948, #29297.
50, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1949, #30184. It was transferred to Montpelier & Barre as 19 in 1958.
51, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1951, #30844.
50, 70 Ton, built was built by General Electric in February 1953, #31724, as Mississippi Export RR 50. It was sold as StH&LC 54.
144, RS3, was built in by Alco in January 1952, #79620, as
New York New Haven & Hartford 554,
Class DERS-2c. It became Penn Central National Railway Passenger Corp
Penn Central5593, Class ARS-16s, in 1969 and was sold as
National Railway Passenger Corp144 in June 1976. It was sold to LVR for parts in 1985 and scrapped in 1995.
200, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #20973, FN 5417-12, as New York Central 5960, Class DRS-9d. It was renumbered 7360, Class ERS-17, in 1966 and sold to Precision National Corp in 1967. It was sold as StJ&LC 200. It was sold to George R Silcott Co in September 1973 and rebuilt at Paducah as Illinois Central Gulf 7712 on March 23, 1974. It was sold as Paducah & Louisville RR 8328 in 1986.
201, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1957, #23589, FN 5546-11, as NYC 6054, Class DRS-9h. It was renumbered 7456, Class ERS-17, in 1968 and sold to Precision Engineering Co in 1968 and sold as StJ&LC 201 in 1968. It was sold to George R Silcott Co in September 1973 and sold to ICG. It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8221 on June 7, 1974.
202, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1951, #78937, as Reading Co 523, Class RS-1. It was sold to George R Silcott and resold as StJ&LC 202.
203, RS3 was built by Alco in June 1953, #80498, as Great Northern 229, Class RS-5. It was traded in to General Electric in 1968 and sold to StJ&LC as 203. It later became M&B 203 and then was restored as GN 229.
204, RS3, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78292, as Lehigh & Hudson River Ry 4. It was sold as StJ&LC 204 in 1970 and resold as Delaware-Lackawanna RR 204. It became a parts source.
205, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1950, #78369, as L&HR 10. In 1972 it was sold to StJ&LC as 205. In 1976 it was sold to Vermont Ry as 605, and in 1984 it was sold to Batten Kill RR as 605.
606, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1952, #16905, FN 6400-4, as Reading RR 606, Class RS-3. It was leased as St Johnsbury & Lamoille County RR 606 and leased as Delaware & Hudson 2606 in January 1977. It was sold to Precision National and sold as Interpool Limited 1602 in July 1978. It was resold as Hillsdale County RR 1602 "City of Hillsdale". It was purchased for parts.
614, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18414, FN 5250-6, as Rdg 614, Class RS-3. It was sold as StJ&LC 614 and sold as HCRR 1601 in 1976. It became INE 1602 for parts in 1981.
3608, RS11, was built in September 1956, #81942, as Duluth Winnipeg & Pacific 3608, Class MR-18A. It went to Central Vermont as 3608, Class MR-18A. It was sold as LVR 3608.
7803, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80161, as Delaware & Hudson 4071, Class DERS-60. It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and leased as Providence & Worecester 161 in January 1973. It was returned as D&H 4071 and then sold as LVRC 7803. It was then sold as West Jersey RR 7803 and then West Michigan RR 7803 in 1995. It was then renumbered 103 in 1995.
7804, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80184, as D&H 4094, Class DERS-60. It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and later sold to LVRC as 7804. It was later sold to WJRR as 7804 and then to later Decatur Junction RR 7804 in May 1995.
7805 "Willard E Little", RS3. was built by Alco in August 1955, #81350, as Lake Superior & Ishpeming 1609. It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co as RE 1601 and was sold as LVRy 7805 "Willard E Little". It was later scrapped.
7961, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17744, FN 6497-4, as Illinois Central 8961 and was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1968 as 7961. It was later sold to LVRy as 7961.
WebWork by rinity
3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Memorial of Blessed Bernard of Vienne
For He became man that we might become divine; and He revealed Himself through a body that we might receive an idea of the invisible Father; and He endured insults from men that we might inherit incorruption.
--St. Athanasius of Alexandria