Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Vermont Railway System

 

Clarendon & Pittsford RR

The C&P operates the former Rutland trackage between Rutland and Whitehall, NY. It is affiliated with the Vermont Ry.

10, 44DE18A, was built by Whitcomb in 1945, #60031.  It was scrapped by Rutland Waste & Metal Co in June 1973.

203, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1966, #32664, FN 7943-5, as Maine Central 255, Class DRS-4.  It was sold as C&P 203.

204, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1973, #73607-4, FN 73607-4, as Seaboard Coast Line 528.  It became Seaboard System RR 528 and renumbered 2528.  It then became CSX Transportation 2528, Class GP38-2.  It was sold as Helm Atlantic Leasing Corp 217 and then sold as C&P 204.

502, "Bert H. Nelson", SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1968, #33521, FN 4527-2, as Toledo Peoria & Western 304. It was sold to C&P as 502 in June 1984 and later sold to Lancaster & Chester as 96 in March 1996.

752, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #21427, FN 5425-11, as Northern Pacific 255.  It becameBurlington Northern 1879, Class GP-9, in 1970 and sold to Chrome Locomotive Co in September 1983.  It was sold as Clarendon & Pittsford 752 in November 1983 and later resold as Black River & Western 752.

802, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1950, #10220, FN 5022-4, as Atlantic Coast Line 103.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 788 in July 1967.  It was rebuilt at Uceta in November 1979 as 4703.  It became Seaboard System 4703 and renumbered 1749.  It became CSX Transportation 1749, Class GP-16, and was sold to C&F Locomotive Co in July 1992.  It was sold as C&P 802 in 1993.


Green Mountain RR

89 was built by Canadian Locomotive Co in February 1910, #922, as Grand Trunk RR 1017, Class E-8. It was later rebuilt as 1009, Class E-12, and became Canadian National 911, Class E-10-a, in 1923. It was renumbered 89 in 1951 and sold to Edaville in September 1961.  It was sold to the GMR as 89 on April 1, 1965, and in June 1972 it was sold as Strasburg RR 89.

1246, "F. Nelson Blount", Class K1a, was built by Montreal in June 1946, #74906, as Canadian Pacific 1246, Class G5c. It was retired in January 1964 and acquired by the Steamtown Foundation. In June 1967 it was relettered GMRy 1246.  It was sold back to Steamtown at Bellows Falls, VT, in July 1973 and moved to Scranton, PA.  It was sold to Railroad Museum of New England in October 1988.

303, S4, Class DS-3A, was built by Alco in September 1950, #78032, as Delaware & Hudson 3036, Class DES-69. It was changed to Class S-10 in 1959, and sold to GMR as 303, Class DS-4A, on March 11, 1966. It was sold to Chrome Crankshaft in March 1984 and then to New England Southern 303 in 1984. It then was transferred to Quincy Bay Terminal RR as 19 in 1992.  It was transferred as Claremont & Concord 104.

304, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1971, #36737, FN 7275-17, as Baltimore & Ohio 3756, Class GP-40.  It was renumbered 9756 during March 1980.  It was renumbered 6532 and became became CSX Transportation 6532, Class GP-40. It was retired on June 23, 1994, and sold to  Helm Atlantic Leasing Corp as 400 on May 13, 1994.  It was sold as GMR 304 in December 1998.

305, "Clement M D'Avignon", GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1970, #35907, FN 7229-11, as Seaboard Coast Line 1606.  It became Seaboard System 1606 and renumbered 6760.  It then became CSX 6760, Class GP-40.  It was sold as HATX 419 and GMR in January 2000.

382, GP60, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1991, #907048-1, FN 907048-1, as Texas-Mexican Ry 870.  It was sold as Helm Leasing Corp 7701 and leased as GMR 382 in February 2002.  It was returned as Helm 7701 in September 2004 and sold as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 169, Class GP60, in August 2011.

400, RS1, was built by Alco in May 1948, #75839, as Illinois Terminal RR 750, Class ARS-10. It was renumbered 753 and then 1053. In April 1970 it was sold to Gulf Mobile & Ohio as 1053. In 1976 it was assigned Illinois Central Gulf 1263. It became GMR 400 August 1979. In January 1996 it went to the Danbury Railway Museum where it was repainted as New York New Haven & Hartford 0673.

405, RS1, was built by Alco in November 1951, #79575, as Rutland RR 405, Class DRS-1. It became GMR 405 on June 14, 1965.

1848, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1954, #19553, FN 5345-1, as Bangor & Aroostook 76, Class L-1a.  It was sold as GMR 1848

1849, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20310, as Northern Pacific 223. It became Burlington Northern 1849, Class GP-9, in 1970. It was sold to Chrome Locomotive in September 1983 and to GMR in March 1984.  It was sold as Belvidere & Delaware River RR 1849 in August 1997.

4261, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1952, #16787, as Pennsylvania RR 5761A, Class EP-22. It was renumbered 4261 in 1966 and became Penn Central 4261, Class EP-22, in 1968. It went to Conrail as 4261, Class E8A, in April 1976, and then to Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority as 4261. It was sold to Green Mountain in 1987 and later to Central New York Division, National Railway Historical Society, where it has been painted as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 807.

280, combine.


Vermont Railway

The old Rutland Railroad line between Burlington, VT, and White River Junction, NH, is now the Vermont Railway.

1, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1946, #28487, as Middletown & New Jersey 1.  It was sold as VTR 1 in 1964 and returned as M&NJ 1 in 1965.

10, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1946, #29967, as Pennsylvania RR 9334.  It was sold as VTR 10 in 1964 and resold as Livonia Avon & Lakeville 10 in 1965.  It was retired.

97 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1923, #65188, for planned sale to Cuba.  It was sold and shipped on March 5, 1926, as Birmingham & Southeastern RR 200.  It was sold to Stephen D Bogen in 1963 and operated as VTR 97 in 1964.  It was transferred as Valley RR of Connecticut 97 in 1970.

201, "Jay L. Wolfson", GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1972, #72665-1, FN 72665-1.

202, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1974, #75603-1, FN 75603-1.

206, GP38-3, was built in Electro-Motive in September 1969, #35271, FN 5744-14, as Cincinnati New Orleans & Texas Pacific (Southern Ry) 2741, GP38. It was sold to Locomotive Leasing Partners as 2741. It was rebuilt at VMV in 1998, GP38-3, and leased to RailTex in 1998. It became Indiana & Ohio as 3801 and became Cape Breton & Central Nova Scotia. It served in Dallas Garland & NorthEastern and sold to CIT Group as CEFX 3801 in 2011.  It was sold as VTR 3801 in 2011 and renumbered 206 in 2012.

207, GP38M-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1969, #35248, FN 7189-3, as Southern Ry 2718, GP38.  It was sold as LLPX 2001 and rebuilt by VMV Enterprises as New England Central RR 3808 in 1998.  It was transferred as CB&CNS 3808 and transferred as North Carolina & Virginia RR 3808.  It was transferred as Georgia Southwestern RR 3808 and transferred as Virgina Southern RR 3808.  It was sold as VTR 3808 in 2011 and renumbered 207 in January 2013

301, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1967, #33098, FN 7990-2, as Atlanta & West Point RR 401.  It became Western Ry of Alabama 401 and became Seaboard System RR 401 in January 1983.  It was renumbered 6790 in 1984 and became CSX Transportation 6790, Class GP40, in April 1986.  It was sold as VTR 301.

303, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1977, #776025-15, FN 776025-15, as Boston & Maine 314.  It was sold as Helm Atlantic Leasing Corp 509 and resold as VTR 303.

308, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1977, #776052-4, FN 776052-4, as B&M 303.  It was returned as HATX 504 and sold as VTR 308 in 2006.

311 "Joan Wulfson", GP40-2LW, was built by General Motors in May 1976, #A3457, FN C396-30 , as Canadian National 9662, Class GF-430d.  It was sold as HLCX 9662 on March 31, 2000, and sold as Vermont Ry 311"Joan Wulfson" in December 2013.

381, GP60, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1990, #896051-1, FN 866051-1, as Texas-Mexican Ry 869.  It was sold as Helm Leasing Corp 7700 and resold as VTR 381It was returned as Helm 7700 in September 2004 and sold as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 168, Class GP60, in August 2011.

401, RS1, was built by Alco in October 1951, #79350, as Rutland RR 401, Class DRS-1.  It was sold as VTR 401 in January 1964 and resold as Consumers Power Co, no number, in January 1967.  It now is at the Saginaw Railway Museum.

404, RS1, was built in December 1946, #75215, as Duluth South Shore & Atlantic 102.  It became Soo Line RR  102 in January 1961 and traded in to General Electric in November 1967.  It was sold as VTR 404 in April 1968 and resold Sabine River & Northern  104 in June 1972.

501 "Edward La Plant", SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1966, #31990.  It was sold at Lancaster & Chester RR 95 in May 1996.

601, RS3, was built by Alco in July 1951, #78926, as Lehigh & Hudson River 12.  It was sold as VTR 601 in November 1969 and sold for parts to  Batten Kill RR  in 1984.

603, RS3, was built by Alco in August 1952, #80181, as Delaware & Hudson 4091, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified as Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as VTR 603 in March 1972.  It was sold as Spencerville & Elgin 603 in 1984 and resold as Indiana Hi-Rail 603 in 1991. It was sold as Carrollton-Oneida-Minerva RR 603.

605, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1950, #78369, as L&HR 10. In 1972 it was sold to St Johnsbury & Lamoille County as 205. In 1976 it was sold to VTR as 605, and in 1984 it was sold to BKRR as 605.

606, RS3, was built by Alco in June 1950, #78071, as L&HR 3.  It was sold as VTR 602 in December 1970 and later renumbered 606.  It was sold as S&E 606 in 1984 and sold as COM 606.  It was scrapped in 2004.

751, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1954, #19522, as Cleveland Union Terminal 5901, Class DRSP-9a.  It was renumbered 7301, Class ERS-17, in 1966, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7301, Class GP-9. in April 1976.  It was sold as VTR 751 in July 1981 and sold as St Lawrence & Atlantic RR 1751.  It was renumbered 58.

801, GP18, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1961, #26655, FN 7601-1, as Toledo Peoria & Western 600.  It was sold as VTR 801 in December 1983.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/28/2016

Memorial of Blessed Aaron of Auxerre

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Let us make up for lost time.  Let us give to God the time that remains to us.

---St. Alphonsus Liguori