Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Sand Springs Ry.
This company was incorporated February 6, 1911 and was opened west from Tulsa to Sand Springs with 8.6 miles in May 1911 by the Sand Springs Home. The railroad was operated by electricity until 1955 when it discontinued passenger service and changed over to diesel locomotives. The Sands Springs Home sold to HMK, Inc. in 1987. Sheffield Steel is the current owner. Sheffield Steel declared bankruptcy and was bought out by Gerdau Ameristeel in 2006.
62 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1917, #2290, as Cincinnati Lawrenceburg & Aurora Electric Street Ry 915. It was sold as SSRy 62 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.
63 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in June 1918, #2290, as CL&AE 916. It was sold as SSRy 63 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.
66 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1917, #2290, as CL&AE 919. It was sold as SSRy 66 in 1934 and scrapped in 1955.
68 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1917, #2290, as CL&AE 918. It was sold as SSRy 68 in 1934 and sold for a several attempts to tourist locations in Oklahoma and Arkansas. It went to a scrap line in Tulsa and sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1967..
71 was built by American Car Co in May 1925, #1385, as Union Electric Ry 71. It was sold as SS 71 in 1947 and scrapped in 1955.
75 was built by American Car Co in May 1925, #1385, as UERy 75. It was sold as SS 75 in 1947 and scrapped in 1955.
1002, Class B 50 Ton, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in
February 1915, #41893, as Cushing Traction Co 501. It was not shipped and
re-lettered as Sapulpa & Oil Fields 501. It finally was sold and delivered
as SS 1002 on November 2, 1922. It
was sold as
Tulsa-Sapulpa Union RR
Tulsa-Sapulpa Union RR1002 in 1955 and retired in 1960.
1004, Class B-1 50 Ton, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in June 1928, #60537. It was sold as T-SU 1004 in 1955 and retired in 1960.
1006, Class B 44 Ton, was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in February 1920, #53050, as Niagara Junction Ry 7. It was sold as SS 1006 in March 1946 and scrapped in 1956,
101, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1956, #20892, FN 4321-2.
102, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1957, #23782, FN 4403-1.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time
Memorial of Saint Blaesilla
For He became man that we might become divine; and He revealed Himself through a body that we might receive an idea of the invisible Father; and He endured insults from men that we might inherit incorruption.
--St. Athanasius of Alexandria