Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Illinois Central Gulf

Illinois Central Transportation Co.

Paducah Rebuilt Electro-Motive GP Diesels 8400-8499

8400, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #19379, FN 5341-3, as IC 9044.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1971 as Illinois Central Gulf  8044 and sold as Chicago Central  & Pacific 8044.  It was renumbered 1744 and returned as IC 8400 in August 1996. 

8403, GP9u, was built in January 1955, #20156, FN 5378-10, as IC 9077.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in August 1971 as ICG 8077 and sold as CC&P 8077 in 1985.  It was renumbered 1777 and returned to IC in 1996 as IC 8403.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co on November 17, 1998.

8408, GP9u, was built in January 1956, #20819, FN 5409-64, as IC 9181.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in December 1971 and renumbered 8181 and became Chicago Central & Pacific 8181.  It was returned as IC 8408 in 1996 and plinthed at Homewood, IL.

8409, GP9u, was built in May 1954, #18809, FN 5307-13, as IC 9012.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in August 1970 as ICG 8012 and sold as CC&P 8012 and planned as 1723.  It became IC 8409 on October 6, 1998, and sold to National Railway Equipment Co.  It was sold as Vulcan Materials 8409.

8411, GP9u, was built in January 1957, #22334, FN 5517-12, as IC 9211.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8211 in May 1971.  It was sold as CC&P 8211 and planned as 1710.  It was returned to IC as 8411 on October 6, 1998, and sold to Archer Daniels Midland as ADMX 8411.

8414, GP9u, was built June 1954, #18829, FN 5307-33, as IC 9032.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in March 1971 as 8032 and sold as CC&P 8032.  It was assigned 1732 but returned as IC 8414.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment and sold as Arkansas Midland RR 414.

8417, GP9u, was built in January 1956, #20801, as IC 9163.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8163 in April 1971. It later became CC&P 8163 and was renumbered 1743.  It was returned as IC 8417 and retired on September 5, 1998.  It was sold to Railcar Limited as RMPX 8417 on March 3, 2000.

8418, GP18m, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1963, #28271, FN 5851-4, as IC 9418.  It was rebuilt by Paducah in July 1974 as ICG 8418 and rebuilt  for United States Army as USAX 4602 in 1992.  It was transferred to Tennessee Valley Authority as TVAX 4602 in August 2007.

8442, GP9u, was built in December 1955, #21192, as Chesapeake & Ohio 6008, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified as Class GP-9 in 1964 and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8442 on February 8, 1974.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment on March 28, 1994.

8445, GP9u, was built in September 1955, #20878, as C&O 5969, Class MRSE-17.  It was reclassified as Class GP-9 in 1964 and rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8445 in 1974.  It was sold as Paducah & Louisville 8445 and transferred as VMV Enterprises 8445.  It was rebuilt at P&L 1798.

8446, GP9u, was built in March 1955, #20178, FN 5378-32, as IC 9099.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as 8446 in March 1974 and sold as Mountain Laurel RR 16 on January 16, 1992.  It was sold as Louisiana & Delta RR 1853.

8460, GP9u, was built in December 1957, #23823, FN 5553-24, as IC 9323.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1988 as ICG 8460.   It was sold to VMV on January 28, 1992, and rebuilt for United States Army as USAX  4615 in March 1992.

8461, GP9u, was built in December 1957, #23805, FN 5553-6, as IC 9305.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in March 1977 as ICG 8461.   It was sold to VMV on January 28, 1992, and rebuilt as USAX  4616 in March 1992.

8463, GP7u, was built in December 1950, #12301, FN 5006-7, as Clinchfield RR 906.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8463 in September 1976 and sold as Nashville & Eastern as 8463 on January 11, 1993.  It was sold as Brownsville & Rio Grande International RR 8463.

8464, GP9u, was built in January 1958, #23864, FN 5552-65, as IC 9364.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in February 1977 as ICG 8464. It was sold as Paducah & Louisville 8364

8465, GP7u, was built in October 1950, #11048, FN 5019-17, as Great Northern 622, Class GP-7.  It became Burlington Northern 1522, Class GP-7, in 1970 and sold as Potlatch Forests Inc 1522 in January 1972.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as ICG 8465 in September 1976 and sold to Canac on May 20, 2000.  It was sold as Pioneer Rail Equipment Co as 1000 and assigned as Elkhart & Western RR 1000.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/22/2014

Memorial of Saint Athernaise of Fife

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The sacred heart of Christ is an inexhaustible fountain, and its sole desire is to pour itself out into the hearts of the humble so as to free them and prepare them to lead lives according to his good pleasure.

-- St. Margaret Mary