Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Maryland Midland Ry.

This railroad operates former Western Maryland trackage between Emory Grove and Highfield, and also former Pennsylvania trackage between Taneytown and Walkersville, crossing at Keymar.

97A, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #10363, FN 3073-A3, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 97-A, Class 15E-P. It was retired in May 1980 and sold to MMID as 97A in May 1984. It was sold to Short Line Enterprises in October 1992.

 

97C, PF7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #10364, FN 3073-A4, as CMStP&P 97-C, Class 15E-P. It was retired in May 1980 and sold to MMID as 97C in May 1984.

100, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6600, FN E1013-A3, as Chicago & North Western 4068A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 410 in December 1971. It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired by RTA on May 2, 1983, and sold it to Rails Diversified Inc as 410 in March 1985. They sold it to Winchester & Western RR and they resold it to MMID as 100. It finally was sold to Short Line Enterprises as Fillmore & Western 100.

101, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8570, FN E1188-A23, as C&NW 4083A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. It was resuld to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. Then it was sold to W&W and then to MMID as 101. It was later sold to SLE as F&W 101.

102, 65 Ton, was built by Whitcomb in July 1944, #60471, as United States Army 8465.  It was sold as East Washington Ry 102 in 1947 and resold as MMID 102 in 1974.

200, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23071, FN 5522-26, as Norfolk & Western 794. It was retired in May 1985 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold to Gibbs Railway Equipment and sold as MMID 794 in August 1985.  It was renumbered 200 and rebuilt at Livingston in October 1992.  It was transferred as Corpus Christi Terminal RR 1701 in 2014.

202, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23265, FN 5535-15, as N&W 812.  It was retired in May 1985 and traded in to General Electric.  It was sold to Gibbs Railway Equipment and sold as MMID 812 in August 1985.  It was renumbered 202.

301, RS3, was built by Alco in September 1955, #81359, as Long Island RR 1559, Class AGP-15msc.  It was sold as Gettysburg RR 1559 and resold as MMID  301.  It was sold as Monticello & Sangamon Valley 301 and restored as Illinois Central RR 704.

3448, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1968, #33424, FN 7975-16, as Union Pacific 3615, SD45.  It was renumbered 15 in October 1978 and rebuilt by Morrison-Knudsen as 62 on September 12, 1981.  It was retired on December 21, 1983, and sold for Precision National Corp on October 29, 1987.  It was then sold to National Railway Equipment in November 1997.  It was rebuilt as UP 4756, Class SD40-2, on July 8, 1999, a SD40-3.  It was renumbered 2806 on December 13, 2001, and returned to CIT Financial as CEFX 2806 on April 15, 2003.  It was sold as MMID 3403 and renumbered 3448 in 2014.

3449, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1967, #32831, FN 7974-24, as Southern Pacific 8917, Class EF636-2.  It was rebuilt in April 1984 as 7503, Class EF636L2-5.  It was retired on April 30, 1999, and sold to Boise Locomotive on September 30, 1999.  It was rebuilt by Alsthom for CIT Financial as CIT 3134.  It was sold as MMID 3404 and renumbered 3449 in 2014.  

3450, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1969, #34412, FN 7138-51, as SP 9044, Class EF636-4, as SD45.  It was rebuilt at Sacramento in November 1983 as 7485, Class EF636-R2, and retired on June 30, 1999.  It was sold to Boise Locomotive on September 30, 1999 and was rebuilt at Alston as CEFX 3137.  It was sold as MMID 3405 and renumbered 3450 in 2014.

3451, SD40-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1967, #32843, FN 7971-36, as SP 8929, as Class EF636-2, SD45.  It was rebuilt in May 1983 as 7473, Class EF636LR-2 and retired on April 30, 1999, and sold to Boise Locomotive Co on September 30, 1999.  It was rebuilt as CEFX 3148, SD40-3.  It was sold as MMID 3406 and renumbered 3451 in 2014.

6244, SD24, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1969, #25201, FN 5598-5, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 504.  It became Burlington Northern 6244, Class SD-24, in 1970 and was traded to General Electric in June 1982.  It was sold to MMID as 6244 in 1983 and sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1985.  It was restored as CB&Q 504.

6250, SD24, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #25207, FN 5598-11, as CB&Q 510. It became BN 6250, Class SD-24, in 1970 and was retired in July 1982. It was sold through General Electric to MMID as 6250. It was later sold to Steamtown National Historic Site and painted as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 880.  It then was sold to Fox River Valley RR as 2402. It later became Wisconsin Central Ltd 2402.  It was donated to National Railroad Museum.

6255, SD24, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #25212, FN 5598-16, as CB&Q 515. It became BN 6255, Class SD-24, in 1970 and was retired in July 1982. It was sold through General Electric to MMID as 6255. It was later sold to Steamtown National Historic Site and then to FRV as 2401. It later became WCLtd 2401 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment.  It was scrapped.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/30/2017

Memorial of Saint Crispulus of Sardinia

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

Christ made my soul beautiful with the jewels of grand and virtue.  I belong to Him whom the angels serve.

--- St. Agnes