Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Alaska Railroad

Locomotives

 

1 was built by H K Porter in May 1899, #1972, for North American Transfer & Trading Co.  It was sold as Tanana Mines RR 1 in July 1905 and became Tanana Valley RR 1 in December 1906.  The line was sold to Alaska Engineering Commission in 1917 and became Alaska RR 1 in 1923.  The narrow line was abandoned in 1931 and the locomotive was exhibited at Fairbanks station later as Alaska RR 1.  1 was moved to Pioneer Park where it was restored for service by Friends of the Tanana Valley RR.

1 was built by Davenport in December 1907, #768, as Isthmian Canal Commission 802.  It was transferred as Alaska Engineering Commission 6 in 1917 and became ARR 6.  It was renumbered 1 and displayed in October 1947.

10 was built by Portland in 1883, #499, as Northern Pacific 784.  It was sold as Alaska Central RR 1 in 1904 and became Alaska Northern Ry 1 in 1908.  It became ARR 10 in 1920 and scrapped in 1930.

11 was built by Baldwin in 1881, #5880, as NP 846.  It was sold as ACRR 2 in 1904 and became ANRy 2 in 1908.  It became ARR 11 in 1920 and scrapped.

242 was built by Alco-Cooke in 1907, #39153, as ICC 242.  It was transferred as AEC 242 in 1915 and became ARR 242 in 1923.  It was wrecked in 1923 and scrapped in 1930.

404 was built by Lima in February 1942, #7877. It was originally U S Army 6996 and became ARR 504 in 1946. It was later renumbered 404, and then became Ferrocarrilles Langreo 404 in January 1958.

556 was built by Baldwin in August 1943, #69855, as U S Army 2677.  It became ARR 556 in 1945 and was donated to City of Anchorage in July 1957.

557 was built by Baldwin in December 1944, #70490 as U S Army 3523. It came to Alaska in 1945 as 557, and it was retired in June 1963. It was sold to Michaelson Steel & Supply Co in 1964 and became Mon-Road RR 557 in 1965.  After Monte Holm passed away, it was sold to Vic Jansen and donated to Engine 557 Restoration Company in 2011.  It was shipped back to Anchorage and is be restored for service.

802, Class M-t, was built by Baldwin in July 1942, #64366. It was retired in April 1954 and scrapped.

P-30, power car, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1957, #23191, FN 7547-B1, as Illinois Central 4108, E9B.  It was rebuilt in September 1981 as Alaska P-30 and rebuilt in March 2002 with 4 wheel trucks.  It was sold to Iowa Pacific Holdings as SLRG 30 in July 2012.

31, cab power car, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #777001-15, FN 777001-15, as Amtrak 244.  It was rebuilt as cab control car Alaska 31

1000, RS1, was built by Alco in April 1944, #71319. It was rebuilt in 1967 and retired in November 1973.

1018, RSD1, was built by Alco in February 1943, #70669, as U S Army 8048. It became ARR 1018 in June 1949 and was retired in July 1965.

1031 was built by Alco in March 1941, #69424, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 748, RS1. It was rebuilt by Alco in November 1942 as U S Army 8005 as RSD1. In July in 1951 it became Alaska RR 1031 and rebuilt as a RS1. It was retired in June 1964.

1034, RSD1, was built by Alco in March 1941, #69427, as Atlanta & Saint Andrews Bay 902, RS1.  It was rebuilt by Alco in 1942 as U S Army 8011 as RSD1.  In 1951 it became Alaska RR 1034 and transferred as Department of Transportation 013 in 1956.  It was given to Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania and restored as Alaska RR 1034 in 1988.  It has been transferred to Army Transportation Museum and restored as USA 8011 in 2011.

1070 was originally an RSD1 built by Alco in February 1943, #70668, as U S Army 8047. In January 1950 it was rebuilt by Puget Sound Bridge & Drydock Co. into a cab unit with B-B trucks. It was scrapped in 1973.

1072 was originally an RSD1 built by Alco in February 1943, #70673, as U S Army 8052. It was acquired by Alaska RR in 1949 and numbered 1023. In 1950 it was rebuilt by Puget Sound Bridge & Drydock Co. into cab unit 1072. It was scrapped in 1973.

1204, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1942, #2012, FN E548-1, as U S Army 7002. It became Alaska RR 1204 in November 1947 and was retired in May 1965.

1500, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17710, FN 7021-A1. It is retired and in the museum at Palmer.

1506, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19045, FN 3173-A1.  It was sold to Mountain Diesel Transportation as 1506 in 1986 and wrecked.

1508, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19046, FN 3175-A2.  It was sold as Adirondack Scenic RR 1508.

1510, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19064, FN 3169-A1. It was numbered 1775 from January 1976 into 1977, when it was numbered back to 1510.  It was sold to MDT as 1510 in 1986 and sold to Wyoming-Colorado RR as 1510.  It was transferred to Arizona Central RR as 1512 in 1996.  It then was transferred as Verde Canyon RR 1512.

1512, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1953, #19065, FN 3169-A2. It was sold to MDT as 1512 in 1986 and then to W-CRR as 1512.  It later transferred to AZCR as 1512 in 1996 and was later transferred as VCRR 1512.

1517, F7B, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1949, #5868, FN E956-B1, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 555-B, Class DE4(B-B)235.  It was renumbered 5552 in 1950 and reclassified as Class DE B-B59 in 1962.  It was retired on May 17, 1970 and sold as ARR 1517 in May 1970,  It was retired and sold as Mountain Diesel Transportation 1511 in 1986.  It was sold as Wyoming-Colorado RR 1511.  It was scrapped in November 2008.

1520, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16519, FN 3149-A3, as D&RGW 5711, Class DE4(B-B)238.  It was reclassified Class DE B-B 50 in 1962 and sold as ARR 1520 on May 16, 1970.  It was retired in July 1976 and traded in to Electro-Motive.

1551, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1976, #756146-1, FN 756146-1, as Lake Erie ranklin & Clarion RR 25.  It was sold as ARR 1551 in 1992.  It was sold to Broadway Rail & Equipment Co in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 203 in 2011.

1552, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1977, #776021-1, FN 776021-1, as LEF 26. It was sold as ARR 1552 in 1992.  It was sold to Broadway Rail in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to GATX  as GMTX 204 in 2011.

1553, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1976, #766006-1, FN 766006-1, as Kelley’s Creek & Northwestern RR 1. In June 1993 it was sold to ARR as 1 and in January 1994 it was renumbered 1553. It was sold to Broadway Rail & Equipment Co in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to GATX as GMTX 205 in 2011.

1554, MP15, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1980, #796358-1, FN 796358-1, as KC&NW 2. In June 1993 it became ARR 2 and in January 1994 it was renumbered 1554. It was sold to Broadway Rail & Equipment Co in 2009 and sold to Progressive Rail Services.  It was sold to GATX as GMTX 206 in 2011.

1601, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80365, 31604, as U. S. Army B2049. It became ARR 1601 in November 1974, and it was retired on November 1, 1983.

1602, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in June 1953, #80366, 31605, as U. S. Army B2050. It became ARR 1602 in 1974was scrapped in October 1984.

1610, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in September 1953, #80389, 31628, as U S Army B2073. It became ARR 1610 in April 1975, and it was retired in 1984.

1714, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15879, FN 7013-7, as U S Army 1814, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to U. S. Navy  65-00570 and later ARR 1714 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983.

1715, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15880, FN 7013-8, as U S Army 1815, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to USN 65-00571 and later ARR 1715 in 1978,  It was scrapped in 1983,

1716, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1952, #15881, FN 7013-9, as U S Army 1816, Class D-MRS-1.  It went to USN 65-00572 and later ARR 1716 in 1978.  It was scrapped in 1983.

1718, MRS1, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1952, #15883, FN 7013-11, as U. S. Army 1818, Class D-MRS-1. It was shipped as Societe Nationale des Chemins de fer Francais 1818 in 1953 and returned as USA 1818.  It went to USN 65-00574 and later ARR 1718. It was transferred as U S Air Force 1718 and retired in 1999.  It is now at the Transportation Museum.  Bernard Aubert built an O Gauge model of the engine.

1821, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15691, FN 7012-1, as U. S. Army 1821.  It became ARR 1821 in 1969 and rebuilt as 1810 by Paducah in 1977.  It was sold to Nevada Industrial Switching as 1810 in 1996 and sold as Oregon Pacific Ry 1810 "Eileen Samuels" in 1999.  It was sold to Archer Daniels Midland as SFGX 1810 in November 2007.

1828, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15698, FN 7012-8, as U. S. Army 1828.  It became ARR 1828 in 1960 and destroyed by the tsunami during the earthquake of March 27, 1964.  It was scrapped.

1834, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #15704, FN 7012-14, as U. S. Army 1834. It became ARR 1834 in April 1960. It was chop-nosed in 1965. In September 1976, it was rebuilt at Paducah and became 1804 on September 17, 1976. It has been retired.

1836, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, # 15706, FN 7012-16, as U. S. Army 1836. It became ARR 1836 in 1960 and was rebuilt as 1808 by Paducah in 1977. It was sold to Alaska Metal Recycling Co in September 1998 and sold to BDL Co as 1808 in 1999. It was then sold to Midwest Locomotive Co as 1808 in 1999 and then sold again as Econo Rail 1808 in 1999.

1837, GP7L, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1951, #15707, FN 7012-17, as U.S.Army 1837. It became ARR 1837 in April 1960. It was chop-nosed in 1965. In April 1977, it was rebuilt at Paducah and became 1809 on April 29, 1977.  It was sold to Alaska Metal Recycling Co in September 1998 and sold to BDL Co as 1809 in 1999. It was then sold to MWLCo as 1809 in 1999 and sold as Missouri Central RR 1809.

2001, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1977, #766008-1, FN 766008-1, as Butte Anaconda & Pacific 108. It later became Rarus RR 108, and was sold to ARR as 2001 in April 1986.

2002, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1978, #786138-1, FN 786138-1, as BA&P 109. It later became Rarus RR 109, and was sold to ARR as 2002 in April 1986.

2006, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1969, #35383, FN 7191-80, as Penn Central 7754, Class EF-20. In April 1976 it became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7754, Class GP-38. It was rebuilt by National Ry. Equipment Co. in October 1986, as ARR 2006.

2007, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1969, #35409, FN 7191-106, as PC 7780, Class EF-20. In April 1976 it became Conrail 7780, Class GP-38. It was rebuilt by National Ry Equipment Co in October 1986 as ARR 2007.

2008, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1968, #34714, FN 7145-81, as a GP40, New York Central 3250, Class EF-30. It became Penn Central 3250, Class EF-30, shortly afterwards. In April 1976 it became Conrail 3250, Class GP-40. It was rebuilt by National Ry. Equipment Co. in December 1986, as ARR 2008.

2401, E9A, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1955, #20494, FN 2072-A1, as Union Pacific 957.  It was sold as Amtrak 430 in May 1972 and sold  to ARR as 2401 in 1981 and sold to Wisconsin & Southern as 10A in 1991.

2402, E9A, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21605, FN 2075-A5, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 202A, Class 24E-P6. It was renumbered 32A in 1959 and transferred to Amtrak as 434 in 1973.It was sold to ARR as 2402 in 1981 and sold as Northern Railcar Leasing 10C in 1987 and leased as Scenic Dining Rail 10C in 1988.  It was sold to Wisconsin & Southern as 10C in 1991 and renumbered 101.  It became WATCo WAMX 9101.

2501, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1964, #29592, FN 7751-1, as 2500. It was renumbered to 2501 in 1965. In June 2001 it was rebuilt by VMV as Paducah & Louisville 2104, a road slug.

2502, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1965, #29870, FN 7772-1.

2503, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1965, #30055, FN 7772-2. It was wrecked on December 2 1976, and rebuilt in 1977 as 3051 "John E. Manley".

2801, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1983, #837049-1, FN 837049-1.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in 2006 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co in December 2006.

2802, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1983, #837049-2, FN 837049-2.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in 2006 and sold to National Railway Equipment Co in December 2006.  It was sold as Frontier Rail Corp 2802.

2803, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1983, #837049-3, FN 837049-3.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in December 2006.

2804, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1983, #837049-4, FN 837049-4.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in 2006.

2805, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1985, #847035-1, FN 847035-1.

2806, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1985, #847035-2, FN 847035-2.

2807, GP49, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1985, #847035-3, FN 847035-3.

2808, GP49, were built by Electro-Motive in May 1985, #847035-4, FN 847035-4.  It was sold to Specialized Rail Transport in 2008 and rebuilt to SD49 for Empresa de Transporte Ferroviario SA as Ferronor 2808 in 2010.

2809, GP49, were built by Electro-Motive in May 1985, #847035-5, FN 847035-5.

3001, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1975, #74759-2, FN 74759-2.

3002, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1975, #74759-3, FN 74759-3.

3004, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1975, #74759-5, FN 74759-5.

3005, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1975, #74759-6, FN 74759-6.

3006, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1975, #74759-1, FN 74759-1, as 3000. It was renumbered to 3006 on May 1975.

3007, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #757143-1, FN 757143-1.

3008, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #757143-2, FN 757143-2

3009, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #757143-3, FN 757143-3.

3010, GP40-2, was built by Ekectro-Motive in April 1976, #757143-4, FN 757143-4, and was rebuilt as GP40-2PH on 1987.

3011, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1976, #757143-5, FN 757143-5.

3012, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1978, #777093-1, FN 777093-1.

3013 , GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1978, #777093-2, FN 777093-2

3014, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1978, #777093-3, FN 777093-3.

3015, GP40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1978, #777093-4, FN 777093-4.

3016, GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on October 1967, #33492, FN 7064-2, as New York Central 3081, Class EF-30. It became Penn Central 3081, Class EF-30, on 1968 and Consolidated Railroad Corp 3081, Class GP-40, on April 1976. It became Chrome Crankshaft Co on 1983 and ARR 3016 on May 1983. It was sold as Paducah & Louisville 2101.

3017, GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on October 1967, #33497, FN 7064-7, as NYC 3086, Class EF-30. It became PC 3086, Class EF-30, on 1968 and Conrail 3086, Class GP-40, on April 1976. It became Chrome on 1983 and ARR 3017 on May 1983.  It was sold as PAL 2103.

3018, GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on October 1967, #33509, FN 7064-19, as NYC 3098, Class EF-30. It became PC 3098, Class EF-30, on 1968 and Conrail 3098, Class GP-40, on April 1976. It became Chrome in 1983 and ARR 3018 on May 1983.  It was wrecked and scrapped by Alaska Scrap Procurement in September 1996.

3019, GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on October 1967, #33510, FN 7064-20, as NYC 3099, Class EF-30. It became PC 3099, Class EF-30, on 1968 and Conrail 3099, Class GP-40, on April 1976. It became Chrome in 1983 and ARR 3019 on May 1983.  It was sold as PAL 2105.

3020, GP40u, was built by Electro-Motive on October 1967, #33513, FN 7064-23, on NYC 3102, Class EF-30. It became UP 3102, Class EF-30, on 1968 and Conrail 3102, Class GP-40, on April 1976. It became Chrome in 1983 and ARR 3020 on May 1983.  It was sold as PAL 2107.

4004 "Spirit of Whittier", SD70MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in January 2000, #976819-4, FN 976819-4.

4014 "Spirit Fairbanks", SD70MAC, was built by Electro-Motive in March 2000, #976819-14, FN 976819-14.

7324, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric on March 1942, #15244, as U S Army 7324. It was rebuilt on December 1954 and became ARR 7324 on February 1974. It was retired on July 1983.

  Roster information: Mike Gillings, Bill Miller

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/16/2016

Memorial of Saint Hedwig of Andechs

29th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what was fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way.

--St. Francis of Assisi