Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Kennecott Minerals Corp.

Kennecott Copper Mining Co.

1, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1949, #30006, as American Smelting & Refining Co 1.  It was sold as KCCX 1 in 1959.  It was sold as Lithcote Co 1 and became Union Tank Car Co 1302.

2, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1950, #78371, as ASARCo 2.  It was sold as KCCX 2 in 1959 and retired in November 1985.  It was donated to Feather River Rail Society and removed parts. 

1st 3, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1950, #78373, as ASARCo 3.  It was sold as KCCX 3 in 1959 and retired in November 1985.  It was donated to Feather River Rail Society and removed parts.  It was scrapped.

2nd 3, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1980, #796398-1, FN 796398-1.  It was sold as Copper Basin Ry 403.

101, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1978, #776129-1, FN 776129-1.  It was sold as BC Rail 736 October 1986 and sold to Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 6204 in 1994.

104, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1978, #776129-4, FN 776129-4.  It was sold as BCR 739 in October 1986 and sold as HLCX 6207 in 1994.

105, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1978, #776129-5, FN 776129-5.  It was sold as BCR 740 in October 1986 and sold as HLCX 6208 in 1994.  It was sold as Norfolk Southern 3521, Class SD40-2, on January 18, 2014.

106, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1978, #776129-6, FN 776129-6.  It was sold as BCR 741 in October 1986 and sold as HLCX 6209 in 1994.

107, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1978, #776129-7, FN 776129-7.  It was sold as BCR 742 in October 1986 and sold as HLCX 6210 in 1994.  It was sold as NS 3522, Class SD40-2, on January 18, 2014.

109, RS3, was built by Alco in November 1950, #78429.  It was acquired by Nevada Northern Ry Museum 109.

122, MP15AC, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1978, #776128-3, FN 776128-3.  It was sold to Helm Leasing in January 1997 and leased as Union Pacific 1429 on June 18, 1997.  It was renumbered Y1429 on October 8, 2001, and retired on March 11, 2002.  It was sold as United States Sugar Corp 304 in 2004.

309 was built by H K Porter in January 1914, #5247, as Steptoe Valley Mining & Smelting Co 3.  It became Nevada Consolidated Copper Co 309 in 1914 and sold as KCC 309 in December 1942.  It was sold to Charles Heimerdinger in 1965 and transferred to Pacific Locomotive Association.  It was set up with a tender and lettered as Castro Point Ry 3 in 1980.  It was sold to Nevada Northern Ry museum in 2010.

704, MP15AC, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1978, #776117-2, FN 776117-2.  It was renumbered Kennecott Corp 123 on January 15, 1984, and stored April 8, 1988.  It was owned by Helm and sold as Gateway Western RR 1510 in August 1995.  It was sold as Texas & Northern 1510.

711, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1980, #796342-7, FN 796342-7.

714, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #31748, FN 7916-4, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 943.  It was sold as KCCX 714 in December 1982.  It was renumbered 912 and renumbered 714.  It was sold Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 1515.

755 was built by General Electric in September 1937, #12234.

775, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1949, #30375. It was renumbered from 62 and is now preserved by the Promontory Chapter of the National Railway Historical Society.

778, 125 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1958, #33348, as 4. It was renumbered 104 and then renumbered 411 in 1964. It was renumbered back to 104 and then to 778 in December 1971. It is now preserved at the Portola railroad museum.

779, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1977, #766028-1, FN 766028-1.   It was retired on September 19, 1983, and rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1984 as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 380.  It became Union Pacific 380, Class GP39-2, in 1990.  It was renumbered 2350 on January 14, 1991, and assigned 2700 in September 1997.  It was renumbered as 1200 on August 27, 2003.

782, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1977, #766028-4, FN 766028-4.  It was retired on September 19, 1983, and rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1984 as MK 383.  It became UP 383, Class GP39-2, in 1990.  It was renumbered 2352 on January 15, 1991, and assigned 2703 in September 1997.  It was renumbered as 1203 on June 19, 2003.

785, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1977, #766028-7, FN 766028-7.  It was retired on September 19, 1983, and rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1984 as MK  385.  It became UP 385, Class GP39-2, in 1990.  It was renumbered 2355 on December 19, 1990, and assigned 2705 in September 1997.  It was renumbered as 1205 on June 27, 2001.

787, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1977, #766028-9, FN 766028-9.  It was retired on September 19, 1983, and rebuilt by National Railway Equipment in 1984 as MKT 386.  It became UP 386, Class GP39-2, in 1990.  It was renumbred 2356 on October 30, 1990, and assigned 2706 in September 1997.  It was renumbered as 1206 on September 20, 2001.

793, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1978, #776116-4, FN 776116-4.  It was rebuilt as Soo Line RR 4598.

794, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1978, #776116-5, FN 776116-5.  It was rebuilt as Soo Line 4599 and became Canadian Pacific 4599 on May 2, 1999.

795, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1978, #776116-6, FN 776116-6.  It was renumbered 110 in 1987 and returned as 795 in April 1988.  It was returned to Helm Leasing in August 1995 and rebuilt as HLCX 3950.  It was leased as Union Pacific 2749 on August 25, 1996, and assigned as 1249 in December 1999.  Instead it was retired on January 3, 2001.  It was sold to Independent Locomotives Service as 1390.

797, GP39-2, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1978, #776116-8, FN 776116-8.  It was renumbered 111 in 1987 and returned as 797 in April 1988.  It was returned to Helm in August 1995 and rebuilt as HLCX 3951.  It was leased as UP 2750 on September 12, 1996, and assigned as 1250 in December 1999.  Instead it was retired on January 3, 2001.  It was sold as ILSX 1389.

908, RS2, was built by Alco in December 1949, #77888, as 104. It was renumbered 908 and is now preserved at the Portola Railroad Museum.


Nevada Consolidated Copper Co.

34 was built by Baldwin in September 1923, #57092, as Utah Copper Co 5. It was transferred as Nevada Consolidated Copper Co 34 at Santa Rita, NM, in 1929 and renumbered as 85 at Ruth, NV, in 1938.  It was sold to E J Lavino & Co 34 at Sheridan, PA, in 1946.  It was donated to National Railway Historical Society Roanoke Chapter in January 1970.  It was apparently traded to Virginia Scrap Iron & Metal Co for Norfolk & Western locomotives.

309 was built by H K Porter in January 1914, #5247, as Steptoe Valley Mining & Smelting Co 3.  It became NCCC 309 in 1914 and sold as Kennecott Copper Co 309 in December 1942.  It was sold to Charles Heimerdinger in 1965 and transferred to Pacific Locomotive Association.  It was set up with a tender and lettered as Castro Point Ry 3 in 1980.  It was sold to Nevada Northern Ry museum in 2010.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/27/2017

Memorial of Blessed Gonzalo Diaz di Amarante

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

In order to be an image of God, the spirit must turn to what is eternal, hold it in spirit, keep it in mermory, and by loving it, embrace it in the will.

---St. Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein)