Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Cornwall Street Railway

There is an excellent site with a history of this railway, and I won't duplicate those efforts.

Cornwall always seemed to me to be an operating trolley museum. They had a collection of equipment from many sources, and included city cars, locomotives and exquisite work equipment. Take a look for yourself.

1 was built by Ottawa in 1919 and came from Hull Electric Ry in 1947 where it was 106. It was scrapped in 1959.

3 was built by McGuire-Cummings and came from the Williamsport Passenger Ry in 1934.

4 was rebuilt from car 31. For further information, see below.

5 was built in the company shops in 1934.

2nd 5 was built from city car 29 in 1952.

6 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in December 1919, #52703. It was Kansas City Kaw Valley Ry 502 until 1944. It was sold to St. Lawrence Iron & Metal on June 12, 1973, for scrap.

Second 7 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in December 1923, #57557. It was Springfield Terminal Ry 15 until 1956. It went along with 6 to St. Lawrence Iron & Metal on June 12, 1973, for scrap.

8 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1924, #58023. It was Aroostook Valley RR 54 until 1946. It also went to St. Lawrence Iron & Metal on June 12, 1973, for scrap.

1st 9 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse as Niagara St. Catharines & Toronto 12. It later became Windsor Essex & Lake Shore 9. It kept the same number when it came to Cornwall in 1942, and it was scrapped in 1951.

2nd 9 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1913, #39866, as Niagara Junction Ry 4. It came to Cornwall in 1952. It was sold to St. Lawrence Iron & Metal on June 12, 1973, for scrap.

2nd 10 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in April 1921, #54704, as Washington & Old Dominion Ry 51. In 1943 it came to Cornwall as 10, and it was scrapped at an unknown date.

1st 11 was built by the Niagara St. Catharines & Toronto as their 11. It kept the same number at Cornwall when it came in 1924. It was scrapped in 1950.

2nd 11 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in October 1920, #53785. It was originally Youngstown & Ohio River RR 7 until 1933, when it became Omaha Lincoln & Beatrice 2. It came to Canada in 1951. It was retired in 1971 and is now at the trolley museum in Worthington OH, where it has been restored as Y&OR 7.

12 was built by Brill in June 1920, #21096, from Eastern Pennsylvania Rys.  The unknown car was sold in 1934 as Cornwall 12. It was scrapped.

2nd 12 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in May 1917, #45657, as Ogden Logan & Idaho RR (Utah-Idaho Central) 904. It came as Cornwall 2nd 12 in April 1948. It is now preserved at The Shore Line Trolley Museum.

14 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in January 1929, #60700, as Springfield Terminal Ry 20. It came to Cornwall in 1956. It is now at the Illinois Railway Museum.

15 was built by Brill in 1920 for New York Municipal Staten Island street cars.  It went as Cornwall 15 in 1925 and was scrapped in 1949.

2nd 15 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1915, #42475, as Lake Erie & Northern 50. It was renumbered 335 in 1921, and came to Cornwall as 15 in 1962.

16 was built by Brill in July 1920, #21156, for the Toronto Civic Ry. as 60, Class G. In 1921 it became part of Toronto Transportation Commission as 2216, Class G. In 1927 it became CSR 18, and it was scrapped in 1949.

2nd 16 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1915, #42474, as 60, as LE&N 333.  It was renumbered 333 in 1921 and sold to Cornwall as 16 in 1961.

17 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1930, #61456, as Salt Lake & Utah RR 106. In 1946 it was sold to Grand River Ry as 230. In January 1963 it came to Cornwall as 17. It is now on display at Cornwall.

18 was built by Brill in July 1920, #21156, for the TCRy as 74, Class G. In 1921 it became part of TTC as 2230, Class G. In 1927 it became CSR 18, and it was scrapped in 1949.

20 was built by Brill in July 1920, #21156, for the TCRy as 78, Class G. In 1921 it became part of TTC as 2234, Class G. In 1927 it became CSR 18, and it was scrapped in 1949.

24 was built by St. Louis Car in 1921, #1259, as Wisconsin Public Service Co. 37. It came to Cornwall in 1930 and was scrapped in 1949.

25 was built by Brill in 1922 as Eastern Massachusetts Street Ry 6014. It came to Cornwall in 1937.

26 was built by St. Louis Car in 1917 as Jamestown Street Ry 78. It came to Cornwall in 1938.

26 does not show on any roster.

27 was built by St. Louis Car in 1917 as JSRy 84. It came to Cornwall in 1938.

28 was built by St. Louis Car in 1917 as JSRy 86. It came to Cornwall in 1938.

29 thru 32 were built by St. Louis in 1927 for the Northern Texas Traction in Fort Worth. They arrived in 1939. 31 was modernized in 1945. 31 was rebuilt into work car 4 after a fire (see above). It was slated for preservation until it disappeared (scrapped?). 29 was rebuilt into line car 5 in 1952. The others were scrapped in 1949.

33 was built by St. Louis Car in 1917 as Fort Wayne & Indiana Traction Co. 508.  It became Indiana Service Corp 508 in 1920. It came to Cornwall as 33 in 1945.

34 was built by Brill in 1911 as Wilkes-Barre Rys 344. It was acquired in 1942 and scrapped in 1949.

35 was built by Brill in 1911 as Wilkes-Barre Rys 350. It was acquired in 1942 and scrapped in 1949.

36 was built by Kuhlman in 1912 as St. Thomas Municipal Ry. 36. It came to Cornwall in 1926 and was scrapped in 1949.

37 was built by St. Louis Car in 1923 as Indiana Service Corp. 516. It came to Cornwall in 1945 and was scrapped in 1949.

E-10 was Boston Elevated Ry E-10 until 1945. It was originally Eastern Massachusetts Street Ry E-10. It was scrapped in 1957.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/11/2013

Memorial of Saint Barsabas

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

O God, when Thou didst go forth in the sight of Thy people, when Thou didst pass through the desert: The earth was moved, and the heavens dropped at the presence of the God of Sina, at the presence of the God of Israel.

-- Ps. lxvii. 8,9