Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Blackpool Corporation Tramways

Blackpool Transport Services Ltd.

The Blackpool tramway runs from Blackpool to Fleetwood on the Flyde Coast in Lancashire, Engling, and is the only surviving generation tramway in the UK.  The tramway dates back to 1885 and is one of the oldest electric tramways in the world.  It is run by Blackpool Transport as part of the Metro Coastlines, owned by Blackpool Burough Council.  The tramway runs for 11 miles and carries 6M passengers each year.

4 is one of the cars that used to run on the conduit system in Blackpool, when the electric tramways first started operating in 1885. It is one of the original ten cars produced for the tramway. Cars 3 & 4 were built by the Lancaster Carriage and Wagon Company. The diminutive car seats 16 passengers only on each deck. After wartime service (1914-1918) ferrying bread to a military camp at Squires Gate, it was converted to an overhead inspection car until superseded in 1934. The car languished, out of use, until 1960 when it was renovated before being donated to the National Tramway Museum in 1963. The car is now to be found as a static exhibit in the Exhibition Hall.

13, Marton Vambac Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1939.  It was retired in October 1962 and scrapped in March 1963.

40, Standard Class, was built by Hurst Nelson in 1902 as a Motherwell Class.  It was rebuilt by Blackpool Tramways in 1926 as a balcony top covered car (with open balconies and lower vestibules). Trucks were McGuire equal-wheel type. The car was given platform vestibules somewhere between 1929 & 1932, but was never completely enclosed.  It is at Crich.

49, Standard Class, was built by Hurst Nelson in 1902 as a Motherwell Class.  It was rebuilt as Standard Class in 1926.  It was retired in 1962 and sent to Crich.

166, Toastrack Class, was built by Blackpool Corp in 1927.  It was once used by the BBC as a mobile outside broadcast unit and at Crich.

167, Pantograph Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1928.  It is at Crich.

201, Railcoach Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1933.  It was scrapped on August 31, 1963.

211, Railcoach Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1933.  It was scrapped in June 1965.

212, Railcoach Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1933.  It was scrapped in June 1965.

214, Railcoach Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1933.  It was scrapped on November 6, 1963.

217, Railcoach Class, was built by English Electric Co in 1933.  It was scrapped on September 19, 1963.

288, Brush Class, was built by Brush Traction in 1937.  It was renumbered 625 in 1968 and retired in 2004.  It was stored at Merseyside.

290, Brush Class, was built by Brush Traction in 1937.  It was renumbered 627 in 1968 and retired in 2004.  It is on display at Pleasure Beach.

294, Brush Class, was built by Brush Traction in 1937.  It was renumbered 631 in 1968 and rebuilt in 1996.

295, Brush Class, was built by Brush Traction in 1937.  It was renumbered 632 in 1968 and retired in 2004.  It was returned to service in June 2010 and retired on November 6, 2011.

311, Coronation Class, was built by Charles Roberts Ltd in 1953.  It was renumbered 648 in 1968 and retired in 1970.  It was scrapped.

319, Coronation Class, was built by Charles Roberts Ltd in 1953.  It was renumbered 655 in 1968 and retired in 1970.  It was scrapped.

328, Coronation Class, was built by Charles Roberts Ltd in 1953.  It was renumbered 664 in 1968 and retired in 1970.  It was scrapped.

731 "Blackpool Belle"  was built by Blackpool Corp in 1927, as 163, Toastrack Class.  It was retired in 1953 and rebuilt as an illuminated tram 731 "Blackpool Belle" in 1959 and renumbered 731.  It was sold to the Glenwood Trolley Museum, Oregon, in 1983 and sold to Georgetown, TX, in 2000.

732 "Tramnik One" was built by English Electric Co in 1928, as 168, Pantograph Class.  It was rebuilt as 732, an illuminated tram, in September 1961.  It was rebuilt in 1967 and was damaged on September 17, 1988.  It was rebuilt a month later and rebuilt in 1992.  It was retired in 1999 and donated it to Lancastrian Transport Trust in February 2002.

 

1925 "Gondola" was built by Midland Carriage & Wagon Co in 1900, as Dreadnought Car 26.  It was retired in 1925 and rebuilt as an illuminated tram, "Gondola" and renumbered 1925.  It was retired in 1962 and the truck was sent to Crich where is was placed under Derby Corporation 1.

1926 "Lifeboat" was built by Hurst Nelson in 1902, as 40, Motherwell Class.  The truck was rebuilt as an illuminated tram, "Lifeboat" in 1926 while body was rebuilt as Standard Car 40.  It was retired in 1961 and the truck was sent to Crich where it is also used for another restoration.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/16/2014

Memorial of Saint Ludmila

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Truth sees God, and wisdom contemplates God, and from these two came a third, a holy and wonderful delight in God, who is love.

-- St. Juliana of Norwich