Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Trolley Freight and Non Revenue Cars

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 213 was built by Cincinnati Car in March 1920, #2445.  It was rebuilt as an ice cutter in 1940. It was retired in 1955 and sold to Chicago Hardware Foundry Co  as 242.  It was donated to IRM in 1964.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 218 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in October 1922, #2605, as CNS&M 218.  It was used as a caboose and later rebuilt as sleet cutter.  It was sold to CHF and given to IRM as CNS&M 218 in 1963.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 229 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in October 1922, #2605, as CNS&M 229.  It was rebuilt with 4 motors in 1944 and later converted to work car service and was sold to CHF.  It was given to IRM.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 504 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1389, as Indiana Service Corp 377.  It became Indiana RR 377 in 1932 and CSS&SB 504 in 1942.  It was rebuilt in 1955 and sent to IRM in 1975.

Cincinnati & Lake Erie Ry 640 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1930, #3060.  It was sold to American Aggregates Co and rebuilt as a self propelled motor car.  It was retired in 1984 and sold to Waterfront Electric Ry in 1984.  It was sold to IRM in 1994 for restored as C&LE 640.

Municipality of East Troy M15, express motor, was built at Cold Spring Shops in 1920 as The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co M15, a trailer, but it was motorized almost immediately. It was transferred to the isolated East Troy operation in 1939, and sold to the MET in 1949. It is sold to WERHS in 1982 and now preserved at the IRM in 1989.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co E58 was built at Cold Springs in 1907 as D9.  It was rebuilt as E58 in 1923 and transferred as Wisconsin Electric Power Co F2.  It was acquired by the Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society in 1972 and was sold to IRM in 1989.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co M1, express motor,  was built at Cold Spring Shops in 1917  along the lines of the 700 Class City Cars. The trucks were replaced in 1924 and became KMCL M1 in 1946.  It was sold to WEPCo at Port Washington Power Plant after 1948.  It was sold to WERHS in 1979 and then was sold to IRM  in 1989.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co M37, container car, was built at Cold Spring in 1931.   It was designed to move containers in the interurban routes and equipped with a pumper for use at Lakeside.  It is sold to WERHS in 1982 and now preserved at the IRM in 1989.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/25/2017

Memorial of Saint Herena the Martyr

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Who except God can give you peace? Has the world ever been able to satisfy the heart?

--- St. Gerard Majella