Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Interurban Cars

Aurora Elgin & Fox River Electric Co 306 was built by St Louis Car in 1923, #1308 . In 1936 it was sold to Cleveland Interurban RR as 306. CI became Shaker Heights Rapid Transit in 1944 and in 1954 it was sold to Columbia Park & Southwestern as 306. It later was transferred to the IRM in 1984 where it is being restored as AE&FRECo 306.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 36 was built by Stephenson in 1903.  It was acquired by Trolleyville in 1961 and was painted as Columbia & Southwestern 36.  It was sold to IRM in December 2009.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 308 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized at unknown date and sold to Indiana Transportation Museum in 1962 and resold to IRM in 1996.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 309 was built by Hicks Locomotive Works in 1907.  It was modernized in October 1941 and acquired by Illinois Railway Museum in 1962,

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 319 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It was modernized at unknown date and sold to Trolleyville in 1962.  It was resold to IRM in December 2009.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 321 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It was modernized at an unknown date.  It was acquired by the IRM as a parts source, but it was rebuilt using parts from 318.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 409 was built by Pullman in 1923.  It was sold to Trolleyville in 1962 and sold to IRM in December 2009.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 451 was built by St Louis Car Co in September 1945, #1717.  It was sold to Trolleyville in 1962 and lettered as Columbia Park & Southwestern.  It was transferred as Lake Shore Electric Ry in 2006.  It was sold to IRM in December 2009.

Chicago Aurora & Elgin 460 was built by St Louis Car Co in September 1945, #1717, as CA&E 460. It was sold to Trolleyville in 1962and was transferred as LSE in 2006.  It was sold to IRM in December 2009.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 160 was built by Brill in 1915, #19605.  It was acquired by IRM in 1963.  Ken Josephson was speculating what if the North Shore had survived.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 251 was built by Jewett in 1917.  It had its seating reduced from 40 to 24 on October 3, 1925, and it was converted to a Silverliner on June 19, 1953. It was acquired by IRM in 1963.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 253 was built by Jewett in 1917.  It dropped seating to 28 on June 17, 1924, and was acquired by IRM in 1963.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 714 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1926, #2890.  It is modernized in 1939 and preserved in 1963 by the IRM.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 749 was built by Pullman in 1928.  It was modernized in 1940 and acquired by IRM in 1963.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 757 was built by Standard Steel Co in 1930.    It was modernized in 1949 and rebuilt as Silverline on March 16, 1956.  It was sold to Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society in 1963 and resold to IRM in 1988.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 763 was built by Standard Steel Co in 1930.  It was modernized in 1949 and rebuilt as Silverliner in March 20, 1958.  It was sold to WERHS in 1963 and resold to IRM in 1988.

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 801-802 built by St Louis Car Co in January 1941, #1709.  It was sold to Philadelphia Suburban Transportation Co and was named "Valley Forge" in 1963.  It become Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority in 1970 and retired it in 1982.  It went to the IRM where it has been restored to the original glory.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 8 was built by Pullman in 1926.  It was sold to IRM in 1984.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 19 was built by Pullman in 1927.  It was lengthened in 1945 and was sold to National Park Service in 1983.  It was loaned to IRM in 1987.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 28 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340. It was rebuilt in 1948 by lengthening the car and putting in large windows and air conditioning.  It was sold to the Wisconsin Electric Railway Historical Society in 1984 and resold to IRM in 1989.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 34 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3340.  It was air conditioned and sold to IRM in 1983.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 37 was built by Standard Car in 1929, #P-3380.  It was air conditioned and sold to IRM in 1983.

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 40 was built by Standard in 1929, #P-3385, as trailer 213. It was motorized and renumbered in 1938.  It was sold to National Park Service in 1983 and loaned to IRM in 1987.

Fort Wayne & Wabash Valley Traction Co 504 "Talisman" was built by Cincinnati Car Co in March 1905, #315.  It became Indiana Service Corp 354 in 1920 and Indiana RR 354 in 1930.  It was retired in 1932 and the body became a home.  It was recovered by IRM in 1991 and restored as 504.

Illinois Terminal RR 101 was built by American Car in 1917 as Alton Granite & St Louis 61. In 1926 the line was reorganized as the  St Louis & Alton Ry 61 and in 1930 it became ITR 101. On March 9, 1956, it was sold to IERM and is now at Union, IL.

Illinois Terminal RR  233 was built by St Louis Car in 1906 as Illinois Traction Co "Missouri" and was rebuilt in 1909 as an office car. It was rebuilt in 1940 with an arch roof, was air conditioned, and the windows were covered. It was sold to the Illini Railroad Club in April 1957 and is now preserved at the IRM since 1968.

Illinois Terminal RR 234 was built by Danville Car in 1910 as "Champaign", a party car trailer. Shortly afterwards it was motorized as an office car. On May 28, 1927, it was demotorized and renamed "Sangamon" and used as a parlor car. It was later returned to office car service. On March 2, 1936, it was rebuilt with an arch roof, the arch windows were covered, it was motorized, and it was numbered 234. Soon afterwards it returned to trailer status. It was sold on February 1, 1956 to the Illini Railroad Club and is now preserved at IRM since 1968.

Illinois Terminal RR 277 was built by St Louis Car in 1913 as ITC 277. It was rebuilt in October 1951 with new seats and other modernized features. It was sold to IERM on March 9, 1956.

Illinois Terminal 415 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1924, #1324, as Chicago Ottawa & Peoria Ry 64.  It became Chicago & Illinois Valley RR 64 in 1929.  It was rebuilt as IT 415 on September 16, 1934. and sold to IERM on October 19, 1956.

Illinois Terminal RR 504 "Peoria" was built by American Car & Foundry in 1910, #5575, as Illinois Traction Co "Peoria", a sleeping car. It was given the number 504 in 1937 and was converted to a bunk car, 049, on December 16, 1949. It was purchased by Terry Cassidy and me on August 16, 1960, and stored at East Peoria until we sold it to Bob Johnston in 1965 just before my move to Texas. It was then moved to IRM where the exterior was restored.

Illinois Terminal RR 518 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1911, #884.  It was rebuilt as 0100, instruction car, and sold as Illini Railroad Club 518 on June 29, 1960.  It was sold to IRM in 1968.

Indiana Railroad 65 was built by Pullman in 1931, #5399. It was sold to the Cedar Rapids & Iowa City as 120 in 1941. In 1954 it was purchased as the first car of the IERM and restored as IRR 65. I put in many enjoyable hours working on that car prior to 1960.

Lake Shore Electric Ry 150 was built by Niles in 1906.  It was retired in 1938 and became a house in Milan, OH.  It was moved to Fostoria in 1964 and somewhat restored at Pittsburgh in 1977.  It was sold to IRM in 2000.

Sand Springs Ry 68 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1917, #2290, as Cincinnati Lawrenceburg & Aurora Electric Street Ry 918.  It was sold as SSRy 68 in 1934 and sold for a several attempts to tourist locations in Oklahoma and Arkansas.  It went to a scrap line in Tulsa and sold to IRM in 1967.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co 1129 was built by Kuhlman in February 1909, #413, as Wisconsin Traction Light Heat & Power Co 104. It was built as TMER&L 1929 in 1924.  It was retired on April 29, 1941, and sold to London & Port Stanley Ry who numbered it 21 and operated it as a control trailer. With the abandonment of the L&PS in 1955, your author was part of a committee of IERM which went to London to ship this car and the 1135 back. It was repainted as TM 1129 and is now undergoing restoration at Union, IL.   It was given a later paint scheme and numbered 1111.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co 1135 was built by Kuhlman in February 1909, #413, as WTLH&P 102. It was rebuilt in 1924 as TMER&L parlor car 2, "Menominee". In 1927, it was renumbered 1135. It was seldom used after that, and in 1941 it was converted to a coach and sold to the London & Port Stanley in Canada as 16. With the abandonment of L&PS passenger service in 1955, this car and the 1129 were shipped back. It was thought that the 1135 had been the "Mendota" which was car 1, but members of the IRM found the true identity when working on the car in 1970. It is currently undergoing restoration at Union, IL.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

8/8/2016

Memorial of Saint Largus

Choose Life


 

Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love.

-- St. Teresa of Avila