Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago Aurora & Elgin Ry.

300 Series Passenger Cars

The 300 series of cars were the first which were built with consecutive numbers. They came from several builders over a period of 8 years.

300 thru 308 were built by Niles Car & Mfg Co. in 1906. 305 was wrecked and rebuilt in 1923 as 600, a buffet-parlor car. It was again rebuilt in 1929 as a coach to match the other 400s and numbered 436. It was scrapped in 1954. The arch windows were covered as follows: 300 May 1942, 301 December 1940, 302 May 1940, 303 March 1945, 304 September 1940, 306 July 1941, 307 July 1939, and 308 at an unknown date. 308 was acquired by the Indiana Museum of Transportation.

300 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in May 1942.

301 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in December 1940.

302 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in May 1940.

303 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in March 1945 and sold to Trolleyville in 1962.  It was sold to Connecticut Trolley Museum in December 2009.

304 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in September 1940.

305 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was wrecked and rebuilt in 1923 as 600, a buffet-parlor car. It was again rebuilt in 1929 as a coach to match the other 400s and numbered 436. It was scrapped in 1954.

306 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized in July 1941.

307 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906,  It was modernized in July 1939.

308 was built by Niles Car & Mfg Co in 1906.  It was modernized by unknown date and sold to Indiana Transportation Museum in 1962 and resold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1996.

309 was built by Hicks Locomotive Works in 1907.  It was modernized in October 1941 and acquired by Illinois Railway Museum in 1962,

310 was built by Hicks Locomotive Works in 1907.  It was modernized in May 1941.

311 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #404.  It was modernized at an unknown date.

312 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #404.  It was modernized at an unknown date and retired in 1959.

313 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #404.  It was modernized at an unknown date.

314 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #404.  It was modernized at an unknown date.

315 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #404.  It was modernized at an unknown date and sold to Rockhill Trolley Museum in 1962.

316 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1913.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1962 and transferred as Fox River Trolley Museum in 1984.

317 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1913.  It was sold to RELIC in 1962 and transferred as FRT in 1984.

318 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It had steel sheating and was modernized in 1944.  It was sold to Wisconsin Electric Raiway Historical Society in 1962.  It was wrecked in transit and the parts were sold to IRM to restore 321.

319 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It was modernized at an unknown date and sold to Columbia Park & Southwestern in 1962.  It was resold to IRM in December 2009.

320 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It was modernized at an unknown date and sold to Iowa Chapter NRHS in 1962.  It was transferred to Midwest Electric Railway Museum in 1968.

321 was built by Jewett Car Co in 1914.  It was modernized at an unknown date.  It was acquired by the IRM as a parts source, but it was rebuilt using parts from 318.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/22/2016

Memorial of Saint Brithwald of Ramsbury

Choose Life.


Home Page

  

Don's Depot

 

For He became man that we might become divine; and He revealed Himself through a body that we might receive an idea of the invisible Father; and He endured insults from men that we might inherit incorruption.

- St. Athanasius of Alexandria