Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee

Wood Interurban Coaches

23 thru 28 were built by Jewett Car in 1904. They were 46 feet long and were the first straight coaches on the line. With paired windows they looked like interurbans. They were retired and scrapped in 1930.

29 thru 38 were built by St. Louis in 1905 and were more for city service. They saw use as trippers on the interurban lines. 33 thru 36 were retired in 1922 and scrapped in 1923. 30 was retired in 1922 and leased to the Chicago Aurora & Elgin from 1924 thru 1926. It was scrapped in 1928. 37 and 38 were retired in 1923 and scrapped in 1924. 29, 31, and 32 were retired and scrapped in 1928.

118 thru 127 were built by Jewett Car in 1906. They were the first of the 52 foot cars which then set the standard for all following cars. Since they were wider than later cars, they never could operate into Chicago on the Elevated. They were rebuilt in 1914 with toilets and train doors. Since they could only be used on locals, they were retired as steel cars became available and most had been out of service for some time previous.

118 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1927.

119 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1930.

120 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1930.

121 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and rebuilt as a plow in 1930.  It was retired in 1937.

122 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1937.

123 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1937.

124 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1937.

125 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and renumbered 117.  It was retired in 1930.

126 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1937.

127 was built by Jewett Car in 1906 and retired in 1937.

128 thru 137 were built by Jewett Car in 1907. In 1914 they were rebuilt with narrowed ends, train doors, and third rail devices to allow operation on the Chicago El. These were the oldest cars used into Chicago.

128 was built by Jewett Car in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1914 and retired in 1931.  It was scrapped in 1937.

129 was built by Jewett Car in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1914 and leased to Chicago Aurora & Elgin and modified in 1936.  It was returned to CNS&M in 1945 and sold to CA&E in 1946.  It was scrapped in 1951.

130 was built by Jewett Car in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1914 and leased to CA&E and modified in 1936.  It was returned to CNS&M in 1945 and sold to CA&E in 1946.   There is no date on retiring.

131 was built by Jewett Car in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1914 and rebuilt as a plow in 1930.  It was retired in 1935 and scrapped in 1942. 

132 was built by Jewett Car in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1914 and later retired.  It was scrapped in 1930.

133, 134, and 137 were leased to the CA&E in 1936. They were returned to the CNS&M in 1945 and then sold to the CA&E in 1946. For further information, see the CA&E pages.  135 and 136 were retired and scrapped in 1930.

138 thru 141 were built by American Car in 1910. They were rebuilt for Elevated compatibility in 1919. They were also leased to the CA&E in 1936, returned to the CNS&M in 1945, and sold to the CA&E in 1946.

300 thru 302 were built by Jewett in 1909 as mainline coaches. As the steel cars arrived, they were downgraded to local and school tripper service. In 1936 they became sleet cutters. In 1939 300 was turned over to the Central Electric Railfans Association as a private car. The ownership remained with the CNS&M, but the maintenance was taken over by CERA. During the war, with many members in service, CERA relinquished control, and the car was scrapped in 1947. 301 and 302 were retired in 1939 and scrapped in 1940.

303 thru 305 were built by American Car in 1910 and were almost identical. In 1939 they became sleet cutters and were retired and scrapped in 1940.

The numbers are not known on this old photo.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

8/1/2017

Memorial of Saint Charity

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and withouth friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious. 

-- St. Thomas Aquinas

 

Stomach acid (concentrated HCL) is strong enough to dissolve razor blades!!