Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Electric Locomotives

Chicago South Shore & South Bend 803 was built by General Electric in 1947, #29932, as Sovjetskije Zeleznyje Dorogi A1610. With the cold war preventing delivery, it was carried as General Electric 299320 until it were sold to the CSS&SB as 803 in May 1949.  It was sent to IRM in 1983.

Commonwealth Edison Co 4 was built in November 1911 by Alco, #50284, and General Electric, #3514.  It was donated to IERM in 1962.

Cornwall Street Ry & Light Co 14 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in January 1929, #60700, as Springfield Terminal Ry 20. It came to Cornwall in 1956. It went to IRM in 1972.

Illinois Terminal 1565, Class B, was built at Decatur in 1910 as Illinois Traction System 1965.  It became Illinois Terminal 1565 in 1931 and was sold to Illinois Power & Light Co at Champaign on April 10, 1955. It was acquired by IERM in 1960.

Iowa Terminal RR 30 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1915 as Charles City Western Ry 300. It was merged with Iowa Terminal RR in December 1964 and it was renumbered  30 in December 1964. In 1970 it was sold to the IRM.

Northwestern Elevated RR S-105 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1920, #53556. In 1923 it became Chicago Rapid Transit S-105 and Chicago Transit Authority S-105 in 1948. In 1982 it was sold to Toledo Edison Co for parts and was sold to East Troy Electric RR in 1997.  It was sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 2007.

Penn Central 4715, Class S-2, was built by Alco-General Electric in October 1906, #29950, 2115, as New York Central & Hudson River 3415, Class T-2.  It was renumbered 3215 in September 1908 and rebuilt with 4 wheel leading trucks in 1909 as Class S-2.  It was renumbered 1115 in October 1917 and renumbered 115 in August 1936.  It was renumbered 4715 in 1966 and became PC 4715, Class S-2, in 1968.  It was acquired by IRM in 1981.

Singer Sewing Machine Co 3 was built by General Electric in 1898.  It was purchased by Bob Selle in 1955 when the plant was closed and it was brought to North Chicago, IL, where it was stored with the IERM.  When Bob moved back to Indiana, it was sent to the Indiana Transportation Museum who show it as 1 in error.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co L3 was built at Cold Spring in 1920 and was originally equipped with poles and pantograph. The pantograph was removed and a cable reel installed in 1927. In 1948 it was isolated at Port Washington and became Wisconsin Electric Power Co L3 in 1963.  It was acquired byWisconsin Electric Ry Historical Society in 1972.  It was sold to an individual in 1988 and was sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1991.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co L4 was built at Cold Spring in 1920. It also had a pantograph for a short time. It became WEPCO L4 in 1963 and was acquired by WERHS 1972.  It was sold to an individual in 1988 and was sold to IRM in 1991.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Light Co L7 was built at Cold Spring in 1931 as TMER&LCo L7.  It became WEPCO L7 in 1963 and was acquired by WERHS in 1972,  It was sold to IRM in 1989.

The Milwaukee Electric Ry & Transport Co L10 was built at Cold Spring in 1944. It was acquired by WERHS in 1977 but never shipped out of St Francis.  It was sold to IRM in 1988 and then shipped to Union.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

6/9/2016

Memorial of Saint Alexander of Prusa

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Confession heals, confession justifies, confession grants pardon of sin.  All hope consists in confession.  In confession there is a chance for mercy.  Believe it firmly, do not doubt, do not hesitate, never despair of the mercy of God.

--St. Isidore of Seville