Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Constructon

Philadelphia & Western RR

The first cars built for the P&W never ran on the P&W, since the cars were completed before the line was ready to open. Twenty-two wooden electric multiple-unit passenger cars and 2 full-baggage-configured MU's were built for the P&W by the St. Louis Car Co. in 1906. However, due to the San Francisco earthquake 12 of them went to the United RR's of San Francisco, 4 went to the Sacramento Northern RR, and the remainder went to the Erie RR Mt. Morris Branch, where they were modified and rewired for overhead AC operation. The 12 cars that went to URSF had their bulkhead doors sealed and their MU capabilities removed, operating strictly as single-units. The 4 SN cars were converted to combination baggage/passenger cars and used on the Woodland branch. The two baggage cars were accepted by the P&W, where they were turned into line-maintenance cars.

10 was built by Wason Mfg Co in 1916.  It became Philadelphia Suburban Transportation Co 10 in 1948 and became Southeastern Pennnsylvania Transportation Authority 10 in 1970.  It went to Rockhill Trolley Museum in 1988.

45 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1907, #680.

46 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1907, #680.  It was rebuilt as 446 in 1929 and became Philadelphia Suburban Transportation Co 446 in 1948.  It became Southeastern Pennnsylvania Transportation Authority 446 in 1970.  It was acquired by Buckingham Valley Trolley Association in 1976 and restored it as P&W 46.  It then went to Electric City Trolley Museum in 1999.

51 was built by Brill in December 1921, #21424.  It became PST 51 in 1948 and scrapped in 1952.

60 was built by Brill in March 1924, #22010.  It was rebuilt as 165 in 1931 and became PST 165 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 165 in 1970 and retired on August 23, 1986.  It was sold to Keokuk Junction Ry in 1991 and modified as Trans-Mississippi Trolley 165.  In 1995 it was sold to El Reno and rebuilt from electric to propane power.  The car was rebuilt and renumbered as Canadian County Historical Society 145.

61 was built by Brill in June 1927, #22529.  It was rebuilt as 161 in 1931 and became PST 161 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 161 in 1970.  It was sold as TMT 161 in 1991 which had a stepwell added.  It was sold to New York Museum of Transportation in 1996.

63 was built by Brill in June 1927, #22529.  It was rebuilt as 163 in 1931 and became PST 163 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 163 in 1970.  It was sold as TMT 163 in 1991 which had a stepwell added.  It was sold and rebuilt by Edwards Co as a gas dining car, Mount Dora Tavares & Eustis RR M-201 in 1999.  There were mechanical problems and it was stored in Alabama.

64 was built by Brill in June 1927, #22529.  It was rebuilt as 164 in 1931 and became PST 164 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 164 in 1970 and became a de-icing car in 1989.  It was sold to Travel Northern Allegheny in 1992 but never used.  It was sold to East Troy Electric Ry in 1994 and rebuilt as ETE Ry 64 in 2000.  It was sold to Electric City Trolley Museum and will be restored as P&W 164.

66 was built by Brill in 1929, #22773.  It was rebuilt as 166 in 1931 and became PST 166 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 166 in 1970 and damaged by fire on March 1, 1986.  It was sold for scrap.

67 was built by Brill in 1929, #22773.  It was rebuilt as 167 in 1931 and became PST 167 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 167 in 1970 and destroyed in collision at 69th Street Terminal.  It was scrapped and retired on August 23, 1986.

68 was built by Brill in 1929, #22773.  It was rebuilt as 168 in 1931 and became PST 168 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 168 in 1970.  It was sold as TMT 168 in 1991 which had a stepwell added.  It was sold to New York Museum of Transportation in 1996.

70 was built bt Brill in 1929, #22773.  It was rebuilt as 170 in 1935 and became PST 170 in 1948.  It was destroyed in a collision with Liberty Liner "Independence Hall".  It was scrapped on January 17, 1969.

202 was built by Brill in 1931, #22932.  It became PST 202 in 1948 and SEPTA 202 in 1970.

203 was built by Brill in 1931, #22932.  It became PST 203 in 1948 and SEPTA 203 in 1970.  It was acquired by Seashore Trolley Museum in 1991.

205 was built by Brill in 1931, #22932.  It became PST 205 in 1948 and SEPTA 205 in 1970.  It was acquired by Rockhill Trolley Museum in 1990.

208 was built by Brill in 1931, #22932.  It became PST 208 in 1948 and SEPTA 208 in 1970.  It was acquired by Seashore Trolley Museum in 1991.

401 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1907, #581, as 1.  It was renumbered 401 in 1930 and became PST 401 in 1948.  It became SEPTA 401 in 1970 and acquired by Buckingham Valley Trolley Association in 1990.  It was acquired by Electric City Trolley Museum in 1999.

402 was built by Detroit United Ry in 1920 as 2010.  It became Eastern Michigan Ry 2010 in 1928 and sold as P&W 402 in 1934.  It became PST 402 in 1948 and SEPTA 402 in 1970.  It was acquired by Rockhill Trolley Museum in 1990.

Bryn Mawr station.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/17/2016

Memorial of The Humility of Mary

16th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents.  Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace in the world.

-- Mother Teresa of Calcutta