Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

Internal Combustion Locomotives

Armco Steel Corp E-110, LS1200, was built by Lima-Hamilton in August 1951, #9560.  It went to IRM.

Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 92, FP45, Class 100, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1967, #33191, FN 5731-3.  It was renumbered 5942, Class 5940, in March 1970 and rebuilt at San Bernardino in October 1982 as 5992, Class 5990.  It was renumbered 101, Class 100 on July 3, 1989, and renumbered 92, Class 90, on May 18, 1990.  It was retired in January 1997 and given to IRM.

Burlington Northern BN-1, F9Au, Class F-9, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1954, #19056, FN 3175-A1, as Northern Pacific 6700A. It became BN 9800, Class P-9, in 1970, and later became 766, Class F-9. It was rebuilt in November 1981 as 972567, Rotary Snow Power Unit, and again rebuilt in September 1990 as 1, Class F9-2A, completed on October 3, 1990.  It retired in September 1997 and given to the IRM.

Burlington Northern BN-2, F9Bu, Class F-9, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1954, #19749, FN 3179-B2, as NP 7002C.  It became BN 809, Class F-9, in 1970 and retired in November 1982.  It was rebuilt as 972574, rotary power car, and rebuilt at West Burlington in October 1990 as BN-2, Class F9B-2.  It was donated to Illinois Railway Museum in 1997.

Burlington Northern 5383, Class U-30-C, was built by General Electric in November 1974, #39942.  It was donated to IRM on September 224, 1994.

Chicago & North Western 411, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8569, FN  E1188-A22, as C&NW 4082C.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 411 in December 1971.  It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back  C&NW.  It was renumbered 306 and sold to Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR as 306. It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by IRM in 1983.  It was restored as C&NW 411 in September 2006.

Chicago & North Western 1518, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #10852, as General Motors Corp 922.  It was renumbered 100 in November 1949 and sold as C&NW 1518 in August 1950.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4311 in October 1972 and retired on August 11, 1986.  It was rebuilt at Green Bay on June 9, 1986, and renumbered as 1518 at Chicago on August 12, 1986.  It was donated to IRM.

Chicago Burlington & Quincy 504, SD24, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1969, #25201, FN 5598-5, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 504.  It became Burlington Northern 6244, Class SD-24, in 1970 and was traded to General Electric in June 1982.  It was sold to Maryland Midland Ry as 6244 in 1983 and sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 1985.  It was restored as CB&Q 504.

Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9255, SW7 was built by Electro-Motive in May 1950, #8499. It became Burlington Northern 121, Class SW-7, in 1970 and went to Davenport Rock Island & North Western 121 in March 1983.  It was retired and acquired by IRM.  It was restored as CB&Q 9255.

Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9911-A "Silver Pilot, E5A, was built by Electro-Motive on February 27, 1940, #968.  It was transferred as Fort Worth & Denver 9982-A "Silver Pilot" and transferred as Colorado & Southern 9952-A "Silver Pilot".  The name was removed later and retired in to Electro-Motive on March 15, 1958.  It went to IRM in November 1968 and repainted the name.  It was lettered as CB&Q 9911-A "Silver Pilot".

Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 760, H10-44, Class 10F-S, was built by Fairbanks Morse in August 1944, #L1001, as 1802. It was the first locomotive produced by Fairbanks Morse. In 1959 it was renumbered 760 and rebuilt as 1200 HP in 1962. It was retired in May 1980 and acquired by the IRM in November 1981.

Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 96-B, F7B, Class 15E-P, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1951, #10365, FN 3073-B1.  It became rotary snow power in 1971 and was acquired by IRM in 1987.

Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 118-C, F7A, Class 15E-F, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1951, #15220, FN 3106-A12.  It was retired in May 1980 and acquired by IRM.

Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 33-C, E9A, Class 24E-P6, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21608. FN 2076-A8, as 203-C. It was renumbered 33-C in 1959 and sold to North Suburban Mass Transit District as 33-C in December 1973. It is now being restored by IRM as Milwaukee Road 33-C.

Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 37-A, E9A, Class 24E-P6, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1961, #26567. It was sold to the NSMTD as 37-A in December 1973 and is now at the IRM where it is being preserved as Milwaukee Road 37-A.

Consolidated Edison Corp 15, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1950, #10538, FN 4034-1.  It was acquired by IRM around 2000.

Dardanelle & Russellville 14, SC, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1937, #711, as Missouri Pacific 9001.  It was sold as D&R 14 on December 8, 1959, and went to IRM.

Delaware Lackawanna & Western 3001, 66 Ton, was built by Alco-General Electric-Ingersoll Rand in June 1926, #66683, 10026.  It was sold as Ingersoll-Rand Corp 91 in July 1951 and donated to IRM on August 1, 1984.

Illinois Terminal 1605, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1953, #18707, FN 5279-2.  It was renumbered 1506 in 1967 and became Norfolk & Western 3406 in November 1981.  It was donated to IRM in October 1984 and restored as IT 1605, Class ERS-15b.

Joy Manufacturing Co 2, 12DM38, was built by Whitcomb in 1951, #40716.  It was acquired by IRM and numbered 17.  It was restored as JMCo 2

Long Island RR 604, FA2m, Class PC6, was built by Alco in June 1956, #81086, as Louisville & Nashville 314, Class FA-2.  It was rebuilt by General Electric in 1971 as LIRR 604, Class PC6, in April 1971 as a power cab control car.  It was retired in November 1985 and sold to Portola RR Museum.  It was sold to IRM in 1998.

Michigan Northern 671, steam generator, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1955, #20507, FN 2070-B1. as Union Pacific 967B, E9B.  It was sold as Amtrak 467 in January 1972 and retired on June 16, 1974.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1975 as 1919, steam generator, and renumbered 671 in 1977.  It was sold as MIGN 671 in May 1983.  It was donated to IRM in 2000 and sold to Wisconsin & Southern in 2006.  It was restored for service as WSOR 102 in August 2008

Minneapolis Northfield & Southern 21, DT66-2000, was built by Baldwin in December 1948, #74138.  It was donated to IRM in April 1983.

Nekoosa Paper Co 14, S1, was built by Alco in October 1947, #75358, as South Omaha Terminal RR 5. It was sold as NPCo 14 and is now preserved at the IRM.

Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR 308, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8571, FN E1188-30, as Chicago & North Western 4083C. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 414 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was renumbered 308 and sold to NEIRCRR as 308.   It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by IRM in 1983.

Pullman Co 1792, GE10, was built by Davenport in 1928, #2095.  It went to IRM.

Southwestern Portland Cement Co 409, H20-44, was built by Fairbanks Morse & Co in December 1947, #L1042, as Union Pacific 1369 Class H20-44.  It was sold as SWPC 69 in 1983 and renumbered 409 in 1969.  It was donated to IRM in 1984.

Toledo Peoria & Western 400, RS11, was built by Alco in November 1958, #83008. It went to the IRM in November 1983.

Union Pacific 18, 8500GTE, was built by General Electric in August 1960, #34069. It was retired in February 1970 and sold to Continental Leasing Group on September 15, 1971. It went to the Kansas City Railroad Museum in 1978 and later to the IRM.

Union Pacific 6930, DDA40X, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1970, #35504.  It was retired on April 16, 1985, and donated to Smoky Hill Railway & Historical Society on June 21, 1985,  It was traded in to IRM for coaches in October 1991.

United States Air Force 7563, 35 Ton, was built by Davenport in 1943, #2458.  It was sold to Matthews Co with no number and later given to IRM.  It was restored as USAF 7563 and sold as Catskill Mountain RR 1.

United States Army 8537, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1944, #18046.  It is now at IRM.

Wyanodotte Terminal RR 103, VO660, was built by Baldwin in November 1945, #72826. In 1984 it was sold to Chrome Crankshaft and then to IRM.

Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co 607, VO660, was built by Baldwin in September 1945, #71577, and was at IRM for a period of time.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/14/2017

Fifth Sunday in Easter

Memorial of Saint Gal of Clermont-Ferrand

<><

Choose Life


 

Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Heaven is filled with converted sinners of all kinds, and there is room for more.

---St. Joseph Cafasso