Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Grapevine Vintage Railroad
The old Cotton Belt Grapevine depot was saved by the local folks who wanted it to be a central attraction. And now the railroad became the attraction with the depot in the center.
The Fort Worth Stockyards has a station built into the livestock sales pens.
2 was built by Vulcan Iron Works in July 1920, #3070, as Stine Coal Mining Co 2. It became Montvalls Coal Mining Co 2 and sold as Southern Clays Inc 9 in August 1950. It was sold to James Mashburn and resold to R A Whitefield in 1968. It was sold and rebuilt nt Keystone Light Ry in 1971. It was sold as Opryland RR 2 "Rachel" in 1972 and donated to Grapevine Vintage RR 2 in 2004. It was considered for service between the station and the Gaylord but it will be on display.
2248 was built by Cooke in July 1896, #2341, as Southern Pacific 1829, Class DA. In 1901 it was renumbered 2248, Class T-1. It was assigned to fire train service until more modern methods were developed. It was leased to Pacific Fruit Express from March 15, 1945, until March 10, 1949, and then when into display use until the flue time expired in 1959. It was retired at Sacramento on May 3, 1961, and sold for scrap to Purdy Co on May 8, 1961. It was purchased for tourist use in California by C T Brown, but that failed to materialize. In 1974 it was sold to the Texas State RR and rehabilitated as TSR 200 in June 1976. After 5 years of service, the locomotive was stored until purchased by the Fort Worth & Western in 1990. It was restored at 8th Avenue with the exception of boiler work. It operated until 1999 when the boiler required major work. It was replaced by Coe Rail for a short time. The locomotive was then rebuilt in 2001 and is in service. It was sold as Grapevine Vintage RR 2248 "Puffy" in 2004.
2199, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17015, FN 5218-A1, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2788, Class 2650. It was rebuilt at Cleburne in July 1980 as 2199, Class 2050, and later was sold to OmniTrax as Central Kansas Ry as 2199 in January 1993. It was resold as Grapevine Vintage RR 2199 in 2005.
206 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as Delaware Lackawanna & Western 687, an electric multiple unit car. It was renumbered 2339 in 1930 and became Erie-Lackawanna 3339 in 1961. It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 3339 in April 1976 and became New Jersey Transit 4339 in 1983. It was sold as Strasburg RR 206 and rebuilt as FWWR 206 in 1992. It was assigned as GVRR 207 in 2005.
207 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 702, an EMU. It was renumbered 2354 in 1930 and became E-L 3354 in 1961. It became Conrail 3354 in April 1976 and became NJT 4354 in 1983. It was sold as Strasburg 207 and rebuilt as FWWR 207 in 1992. It was assigned as GVRR 207 in 2005.
208 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 715, an EMU. It was renumbered 2367 in 1930 and became E-L 3367 in 1961. It became Conrail 3367 in April 1976 and became NJT 4367 in 1983. It was sold as Strasburg 208 and rebuilt as FWWR 207 in 1992. It was assigned as GVRR 208 in 2005.
209 was built by Pullman Car Co in 1920 as DL&W 703, an EMU. It was renumbered 2355 in 1930 and became E-L 3355 in 1961. It became Conrail 3355 in April 1976 and became NJT 4355 in 1983. It was sold as Strasburg 209 and rebuilt as FWWR 209 in 1992. It was assigned as GVRR 209 in 2005.
1808 and 1818 were built by American Car & foundry in 1927 for the Wabash RR. They were acquired from the Smoky Hill Railway Museum and rebuilt in 1993 with open sides which are glassed in during the winter. They were assigned as Grapevine Vintage RR in 2005.
10277-10278-10279, articulated three unit diner, was built by Pullman-Standard in 1941 as Southern Pacific 10277-10278-10279. When it was retired, it was sold to Garrett Ranch in Texas. In April 2013, it was sold to Grapevine Vintage RR.
1 came from Missouri Pacific. It was used as a ticket office at 7th Street and is now at Grapevine as GVRX 1.
103 was purchased from Waccamaw Coast Line RR.
No number was built by Whiting Corp as B&D Mills, no number. It was loaned to GV after the mill was closed.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Blessed Augustine Ota, martyred in Japan in 1622
Miss no single opportunity of making some small sacrifice, here by a smiling, there by a kindly word; always doing the smallest right and doing it all for love.
--St. Therese of Lisieux