Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago Rapid Transit

Chicago Transit Authority

Non-revenue equipment

 

2721 was built by Barney & Smith in 1895 at Metropolitan-West Side Elevated Ry 721. In 1913 it was renumbered 721. In 1919 it was rebuilt as a merchandise dispatch car to be leased to the North Shore line. After a short time it was replaced by new and similar MD cars built for the North Shore. It was then returned to the CRT and used in work service. It became CRT 2721 in 1923.

2756 was built by Barney & Smith in 1895 as M-WSERy 756. In 1913 it was renumbered 756. It became CRT 2756 in 1923. At an unknown date it was rebuilt as a medical car. It was primarily used for physical exams for employes, and occasionally even made it to Milwaukee on the CNS&M.

While strictly a revenue producer, the freight locomotives seem to fit here best.

S-104 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1920, #53555, as Northwestern Elevated RR S-104. In 1923 it became CRT S-104 and CTA S-104 in 1948.  In 1978 it was sold to Toledo Edison Co as 4. It was sold to Rail Foundation in 1996.

S-105 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1920, #53556, as NWER S-105. In 1923 it became CRT S-105 and CTA S-105 in 1948. In 1982 it was sold to TECo for parts and was sold to East Troy Electric RR in 1997.  It was sold to Illinois Railway Museum in 2007.

S-106 was built by Pullman in 1899 as NWERy 12.  It was renumbered 1012 in 1913 and became CRT 1012 in 1923.  It was rebuilt as S-106 in 1924.

S-108 was built by Standard Car Co in 1926 as Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 1503.  It was a truck-trailer flat car and sold to CRT as S-108 in August 1938.  It was rebuilt as a weed killer and later had a modernized cab.  In 1976 it was renumbered S-2.

S-111 was built by Pullman in 1899 as NWERy 24.  It was renumbered 1024 in 1913 and became CRT 1024 in 1923.  It was rebuilt as S-111 in 1954 and sold to Illinois Railway Museum as 1024 in 1958.

S-200 was built by Barney & Smith in 1901 at M-WSER 783. It was renumbered in 1913 as 2783. In 1916 it was rebuilt as a work motor and numbered S-200. It became CRT S-200 in 1923.

1st S-221 was rebuilt in 1930 from S-203.  It was retired in 1958.

2nd S-221 was rebuilt from a M-WSER car in 1958.  It was retired in January 1966.

S-223 was built by Industrial Brownhoist in 1950.

1st S-300 was built in 1898 for the Lake Street Elevated Ry and scrapped in 1947.

2nd S-300 was rebuilt from S-6, a South Side Division flat car, in 1947.  It was retired in 1975.

S-308 was a snow blower rebuilt from one of the M-WSER cars.

S-314 was built by Chicago City Ry in 1907.  It was sold to Calumet & South Chicago Ry as 41 in 1909.  It was renumbered W301 in 1913 and became Chicago Surface Lines W301 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as S314 in November 20, 1953, with a crane and sent to Fox River Trolley Museum in 1997.

S-320 appears to have been a 1200 series trailer.

S-328 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1907 as NWERy 283 as a trailer.  It was renumbered 1283 in 1915 and rebuilt as motor 1792.  It became CRT 1702 in 1923 and rebuilt as S-328 in 1955.  It was scrapped in August 1970.

S-330 was built by Jewett Car in 1903 as NWERy 755.  It was renumbered 1755 in 1913 and became CRT 1755 in 1923.  It was rebuilt as S-330 in June 1956.

S-332 was built by Jewett Car in 1903 as NWERy 753. It was renumbered 1753 in 1913 and became CRT 1753 in 1923.  It was rebuilt as S-332 in 1968.  It was stripped to the frame and rebuilt as an unpowered derrick in 1965.  It was equipped with 6000 series couplers in 1975.

S-333 was built by Jewett Car in 1903 as NWERy 754.  It was renumbered 754 in 1913 and became CRT 754 in 1923.  It was rebuilt as S-333 in 1958 and acquired as Illinois Railway Museum 1754 in 1971.

S-337 was a trailer built by American Car & Foundry in 1907 as NWERy 273.  It was renumbered 1273 in 1913 and because CRT 1273.  It was rebuilt as 1812 and rebuilt as S-337.  It was scrapped in November 1968.

S-338 was a trailer built by American Car & Foundry in 1907 as NWERy 274.  It was renumbered 1274 in 1913 and became CRT 1274.  It was rebuilt as 1813 and rebuilt as S-338.  It was scrapped in June 1968.

S-340 was rebuilt from a 1700 series car.

S-341 was built by Jewett Car in 1903 as NWERy 750. It was renumbered 1750 in 1913 and became CRT 1750 in 1923.  It was outfitted with drawers and storage space as S-341 in 1058 and retired in August 1970.  It was later scrapped.

S-343 was built by Chicago City Ry in 1909 as Chicago City Ry C50.  It was renumbered L202 in 1913 and became CSL L202 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as S-343 in 1959 and acquired by Railway Equipment Leasing & Investment Co in 1979.  It was acquired by Fox River Trolley Museum in 1983 and restored as L202.

S-344 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1910 as Chicago Railways 2.  It was renumbered N2 in 1913 and became CSL N2 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as X4 in 1946 and rebuilt as S344 in 1958.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1963 and donated to Illinois Railway Museum in 1973.

S-345 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1907 as NWERy 281, a trailer.  It was renumbered 1281 in 1913 and rebuilt as motor 1790.  It became CRT 1790 in 1923 and rebuilt as S-345.  It was retired in August 1970.

S-347 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2660, as 4323.  It was rebuilt as S-347 in 1965.

S-348 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2660, as 4324.  It was rebuilt as S-348 in February 1965.

S-350 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2669, as 4318.  It was rebuilt as S-350 in 1965.

S-350 was built by Cincinnati Car.  It was rebuilt in 1965.

S-353 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2660, as 4314.  It was rebuilt as S-353 in 1965.

S-355 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1922, #2660, as 4315.  It was rebuilt as S-355 in December 1965 and sold to Indiana Transportation Museum in 1979.

S-356 was built by Cincinnat Car in 1922, #2660, as 4316, It was rebuilt as S-356 in December 1965.

S-358 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4430.  It was rebuilt as S-358 in 1965.

S-359 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1915, #2000, as 4138.  It was rebuilt as S-359, work car, in 1965.

S-360 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1915, #2000, as 4175.  It was rebuilt as S-360, work car, in December 1965 and sold to Connecticut Trolley Museum in 1979.

S-365 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4437.  It was rebuilt as S-365, a work car, in 1969 and sold to Buckeye Lake Trolley in 1978.

S-368 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4386.  It was rebuilt as S-368 in 1972.

S-370 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4393  It was rebuilt as S-370, work car, in 1972.

S-371 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4397.  It was rebuilt as S-371, work car, in 1979.  It was acquired by Buckingham Valley Trolley Association in 1979 and sold as Middletown & Hummelstown.

S-372 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4399.  It was rebuilt as S-372, work car, in 1979.  It was acquired by Buckingham Valley Trolley Association in 1979 and sold as Middletown & Hummelstown.

S-373 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1924, #2860, as 4411.  It was rebuilt as S-373, work car, in 1978 and acquired by IRM in 1978.

S-606 was built by Cincinnati in January 1923, #2620, as Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 606. In 1963 it became CTA S-606and burned in 1978.  The remains were sold to the Indiana Transportation Museum..

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/21/2015

Memorial of Saint Hilarion of Gaza

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

It is part of the discipline of God to make His loved ones perfect through trial and suffering.  Only by carrying the Cross can one reach the Resurrection.

Archbishop Fulton Sheen