Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Photos Under Construction Sacramento Northern RR
Don's Rail Photos
Sacramento Northern RR
60 was built by American Car Co in September 1918, #1143. It was scrapped in 1947.
62 was built by American Car Co in November 1920, #1275, as San Diego Electric Ry 301. It was sold as SN 62 in August 1923 and went to Western Railway Museum in 1948.
The first cars built for the Philadelphia and Western RR
never ran on the P&W, since the cars were completed before the line was ready to
open. Twenty-two wooden electric multiple-unit passenger cars and 2
full-baggage-configured MU's were built for the P&W by the St. Louis Car Co. in
1906. The San Francisco fire and earthquake of April 18, 1906 left the
United Railroads short of cars. President Pat Calhoun of
the URR went east to several car builders looking for any available cars. Sixteen cars (12 motors and 4 trailers) went to the URR of San Francisco. The other six cars were sent to Erie RR's Rochester Division where they became 3100 to 3105. While the cars were en route to San Francisco, the 4 trailers were sold to the Northern Electric (predecessor of the Sacramento Northern).
The four trailers that went to the Northern Electric were numbered 250 to 253 and used as trailers until 1912. They were then rebuilt in the Chico shops as combination passenger/baggage motor cars and were renumbered 106 to 109.
107 was later rebuilt as a one man car and run backward (baggage section to the rear) as a shuttle car on the Oroville branch.
202 was built by Niles Car in 1906 as Northern Electric 202. It was wrecked in 1913 and rebuilt as "Bidwell" in 1914. The body was sold to an individual in 1941 and went to Western Railway Museum in 1978.
1005 was built by Holman Car Co. in 1912 as Oakland Antioch & Eastern Ry 1005. In 1920 it became San Francisco-Sacramento RR 1005, and in 1923 it became SN 1005. Key System renumbered the car as 495 when it was purchased from Hyman-Michaels Co., a scrap dealer, in March, 1942. It had been retired when the SN abandoned passenger service in July, 1941. 495 has been preserved by the Bay Area Electric Railway Association as Sacramento Northern 1005 since they acquired it in 1951.
1006 was built by Holman Car Co. in 1912 as OA&E 1006. In 1920 it became SF-S 1006, and in 1923 it became SN 1006. Key System renumbered the car as 496 when it was purchased from Hyman-Michaels Co., a scrap dealer, in March, 1942. It had been retired when the SN abandoned passenger service in July, 1941. 496 was scrapped in 1951.
1010 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1912 as OA&E Ry 1010. In 1920 it became SF-S 1010, and in 1923 it became SN 1010. It was purchased with the others in March 1942 and was scrapped in 1951.
1014 was built by Wason Car Co in 1913 as OA&E 1014. It became SF-S 1014 in 1920 and SN 1014 in 1928. It was scrapped in 1941.
1018 was built by Hall-Scott Motor Car Co. in 1913 as OA&E Ry 1018. In 1920 it became SF-S 1018, and in 1923 it became SN 1018. Key acquired it in March 1942. It was scrapped in 1951. SN 1020 at Rio Vista is identical.
1020 was built by Hall-Scott Motor Car Co in 1913, as OA&E 1020. It became SF-S 1020 in 1920 and SN 1020 in 1928. It was renumbered as MW302 in 1941 and went to Western Railway Museum in 1962.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Bl. Gertrude van Oosten of Delft
For He delivers the needy when he calls,
the poor and him who has no helper
-- Psalm 72:12