Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Railroads of the United Kingdom

 

Arriva Trains Wales

67003, JT42HW-HS, Class 67, was built by Meinfesa/Alstom--Electro-Motive in October 1999, as English Welsh & Scottish Ry 67003.  It was sold to Angel Trains and and leased as DB Schencker 67003.  It was sub-leased as Arriva Trains Wales 67003 in March 2012.


British Railways

4157, Class 5104, was built by Swindon Works on August 31, 1947.  It was scrapped on October 31, 1965.

18000, Class 4, was built by Brown Boveri, #4559, and Swiss Locomotive & Machine Works #3977, in 1949.  It was ordered by Great Western in 1946 but it was ready for service in February 1950 long after it was taken over as BR.  It was given tests but it was not a successful machine and it was retired in December 1960.  It was returned to Europe and became a testbed.  It was put on display in Vienna in 1975 and secured it for preservation at the Crewe Heritage Centre in early 1990s.  It was sent to Barrow Hill Engine Shed and then to Gloucestshire Warwickshire Ry in April 2010.  Then it went to Didcot Railway Centre in July 2011.

 

24 054 "Phil Southern", Class 24/1, was built at Crewe in 1960 as D5054, Type 2.  It was renumbered 24 054, Class 24/1, in 1973 and was rebuilt as 97202 for training purposes in 1975.   It was rebuilt in 1978 as 968008, train heating locomotive.  It was retired in 1982 and acquired by East Lancashire Ry.  It was restored as D5054.

24 081, Class 24/1, was built at Crewe in 1960 as D5081, Type 2.  It was renumbered 24 081, Class 24/1, in 1973 and retired in 1980 and acquired by Gloucestershire Warwickshire Ry.

31018, Class 31/0, was built by Brush Traction on October 31, 1957, as D5500.  It was renumbered 31018 on December 31, 1973,  and retired on July 10, 1976.  It went to National Railway Museum at York.

31405, Class 31/4, was built by Brush Traction on April 14, 1960, as D5606.  It was renumbered as 31405, on December 31, 1973, and named "Mappa Mundi, On May 5, 1991.  It was unamed on May 31, 1997, and later retired.

35023 "Holland-Afrika Line", Merchant Navy Class, was built at Eastleigh in November 1948.  It was rebuilt in July 1967 and scrapped at J. Buttigieg, Newport in 1968.

42887, Class 5MT, was built at Crewe in July 1930, #6009, as London Midland & Scottish Ry 13187, Class 4.  It was renumbered 2887 in 1934 and became BR 42887, Class 5MT in 1948.  It was retired in October 1962 and scrapped by J Cashmore at Great Bridge in December 1962.

45060, " Sherwood Forester", Class 45, was built at Crewe on May 8, 1961, as D100.  It was renumbered 45060 on December 31, 1973, and retired on December 8, 1985.  It was sold to Pioneer Diesel Group.

45122, Class 5, was built by Vulcan Foundry in June 1935, as LMS 5122, Class 5.  It became BR 45122, Class 5, in 1948 and retired in April 1964.

45526, Class Patriot, was built at Derby on March 22, 1933, as LMS 5526 "Morecambe & Heysham".  It became BR 45526, Class Patriot, in 1948 and retired on October 24, 1964.  It was scrapped in February 1965.

47376, Class 47/3, was built by Brush Traction on September 1, 1965, #657, as D1895.  It was renumbered 47376 on December 31, 1973, and named "Skylark" on November 21, 1989, and unamed on July 31, 1995. It was transferred to Freightliner as 47376, Class 47, on August 28, 1995, and retired on December 31, 2002.  It was preserved by Gloucestershire Warwickshire Ry.

60006 "Sir Ralph Wedgwood". Class A4, was built at Darlington in January 1938 as London & North Eastern 4466 "Herring Gulf", Class A4.  It was renamed "Sir Ralph Wedgewood" in January 1944 and renumbered 6 in 1946.  It became BR 60006 in 1948 and scrapped on September 3, 1965.

60103 "Flying Scotsman", Class A3, was built at Darlington in February 1923 as London & North Eastern 4472 "Flying Scotsman", Class A1.  It was renumbered 103 in 1946 and was rebuilt as Class A3 in January 1947.  It became BR 60103 in 1948.  It was rebuilt as Class A3 in January 1947.  It was retired in November 1963 and sold to Alan Pegler.  It was sent to the US in 1969 and returned in 1973.

60501 "Cock o' the North", Class A2/2, was built at Darlington in May 1934, as LNER 2001 "Cock o' the North", Class P2.  It was rebuilt in September 1937 and rebuilt as Class A2/2 in September 1944.  It was renumbered 990 in 1943 and renumbered 501 in 1946.  It became BR 60501 in 1948 and retired in December 1960.

60700, Class W1, was built at Darlington in 1929, as LNER 10000, Class W1.  It was rebuilt in November 1937.  It became BR 60700 in 1948 and retired June 1, 1959.  It was scrapped at Darlington.

62567, Class D16, was built at Stratford Works in May 1908 as LNER 8836, Class D16.  It was renumbered 2567 in 1946 and became BR 62567, Class D16, in 1948.  It was retired in December 1956.  

62618, Class D16 was built at Stratford Works in August 1923 as LNER 8786, Class D16.  It was renumbered 2618 in 1946 and became BR 62618, Class D16, in 1948.  It was retired in May 1957 and scrapped in September 1957..

64673, Class J19, was built at Stratford Works in October 1920, as LNER 8253, Class J19.  It was renumbered 4673 in 1946 and became BR 64673, Class J19, in 1948.  It was retired in August 1962 and scrapped in September 1962.

65512, Class J17, was built at Stratford Works in November 1900, as LNER 8162, Class J16.  It was rebuilt in th3e 1920s as Class J17 and renumbered 5517 in 1946.  It became BR 65512, Class J17, in 1948 and retired and scrapped in December 1959.

67686, Class V3, was built at Doncaster Plant in December 1939, #1906, as LNER 395, Class V3.  It was renumbered 7686 in 1946 and became BR 67686, Class V3, in 1948.  It was retired in September 1963 and scrapped in December 1963.

90041, Class 90/0, was built by British Rail Engineering Ltd on May 4, 1990 at Crewe.  It was transferred to Freightliner Group as 90041, Class 90/0, in 1996.

D2298, 0-6-0DM, Class 04, was ordered by Drewry Co, #2679, and built by Robert Stephenson and Hawthorne in October 1960, #8157.  It was retired in December 1968 and sold as Derwent Valley Light Ry 1 "Lord Wenlock" in April 1969.  It was retired in 1982 and sold to Quainton Railway Society and restored as BR D2298.

D9516, 0-6-0DH, Class 14, was built at Swindon Works in 1964.  It was retired in April 1968 and sold as Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals 36.  It was sold for preservation in 1982 and ran as Nene Valley Ry D9516.  It was sold as Wensleydale Ry D9516 in 2011 and resold as Didcot Ry Centre D9516 in May 2014.

M51892, Class 115, was built at Derby in 1960, Lot 30598.


Courtaulds, Ltd.

55 "Daffydd" was built by Peckett & Sons in 1948, #2087.  It was used at Flint, North Wales, and transferred to Wolverhampton with no name.  It was then transferred to Preston and named "Miranda".  It was retired in 1968 and sold to Lytham Creek Motive Power Museum and transferred to Lakeside and Haverthwaite Ry, but not used.  It was sold to Quainton Ry Society in 1983 and was given various liveries and frequently named "Gibraltar".


Derwent Valley Light Ry.

1 "Lord Wenlock", 0-6-0DM, was ordered by Drewry Co, #2679, and built by Robert Stephenson and Hawthorne in October 1960, #8157, as British Rys D2298, Class 04.  It was retired in December 1968 and sold as DVLRy 1 "Lord Wenlock" in April 1969.  It was retired in 1982 and sold to Quainton Railway Society and restored as BR D2298.


Didcot Railway Centre

D9516, 0-6-0DH, Class 14, was built at Swindon Works in 1964 as British Ry D9516, Class 14.  It was retired in April 1968 and sold as Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals 36.  It was sold for preservation in 1982 and ran as Nene Valley Ry D9516.  It was sold as Wensleydale Ry D9516 in 2011 and resold as Didcot Ry Centre D9516 in May 2014.


 English Welsh & Scottish Ry.

DB Schenker UK

 

66097, JT42CWR, Class 55 was built by General Motors--Electro-Motive in March 1999, #996702-97, FN 996702-97.

67003, JT42HW-HS, Class 67, was built by Meinfesa/Alstom--Electro-Motive in October 1999, #2043.  It was sold to Angel Trains and and leased as EWS 67003.  It was sub-leased as Arriva Trains Wales 67003 in March 2012.


Freightliner Group

47376, Class 47/3, was built by Brush Traction on September 1, 1965, #657, as British Rys D1895.  It was renumbered 47376 on December 31, 1973, and named "Skylark" on November 21, 1989, and unamed on July 31, 1995. It was transferred to Freightliner as 47376, Class 47, on August 28, 1995, and retired on December 31, 2002.  It was preserved by Gloucestershire Warwickshire Ry.

90041, Class 90/0, was built by British Rail Engineering Ltd on May 4, 1990 at Crewe as BR 90041, Class 90/0.  It was transferred to FL as 90041, Class 90/, in 1996.


Arthur Guiness Ltd.

"Walrus" was built by F Hibbard & Co in 1949, #3271.  It was donated to Quainton Ry Society in 1986.


London & North Eastern Ry.

395, Class V3, was built at Doncaster Plant in December 1939, #1906.  It was renumbered 7686 in 1946 and became BR 67686, Class V3, in 1948.  It was retired in September 1963 and scrapped in December 1963.

2001 "Cock o' the North", Class P2, was built at Darlington in May 1934.  It was rebuilt in September 1937 and rebuilt as Class A2/2 in September 1944.  It was renumbered 990 in 1943 and renumbered 501 in 1946.  It became British Railways 60501 in 1948 and retired in December 1960.

4466 "Herring Gulf". Class A4, was built at Darlington in January 1938.  It was renamed "Sir Ralph Wedgewood" in January 1944 and renumbered 6 in 1946.  It became BR 60006 in 1948 and scrapped on September 3, 1965.

4472 "Flying Scotsman", Class A1, was built at Darlington in February 1923.  It was renumbered 103 in 1946 and was rebuilt as Class A3 in January 1947. It became British Rys 60103 in 1948. It was retired in November 1963 and sold to Alan Pegler.  It was sent to the US in 1969 and returned in 1973.

8253, Class J19, was built at Stratford Works in October 1920.  It was renumbered 4673 in 1946 and became BR 64673, Class J19, in 1948.  It was retired in August 1962 and scrapped in September 1962.

8786, Class D16, was built at Stratford Works in August 1923.  It was renumbered 2618 in 1946 and became BR 62618, Class D16, in 1948.  It was retired in May 1957 and scrapped in September 1957..

8836, Class D16, was built at Stratford Works in May 1908.  It was renumbered 2567 in 1946 and became BR 62567, Class D16, in 1948.  It was retired in December 1956.  

10000, Class W1, was built at Darlington in 1929.  It was rebuilt in November 1937.  It became BR 60700 in 1948 and retired June 1, 1959.  It was scrapped at Darlington.


London Midland & Scottish Ry.

2887, Class 4, was built at Crewe in July 1930, #6009, as 13187, Class 4.  It was renumbered 2887 in 1934 and became British Railways` 42887, Class 5MT in 1948.  It was retired in October 1962 and scrapped by J Cashmore at Great Bridge in December 1962.

5122, Class 5, was built by Vulcan Foundry in June 1935.  It became BR 45122, Class 5, in 1948 and retired in April 1964.

5526 "Morecambe & Heysham", Class Patriot, was built at Derby on March 22, 1933.  It became BR 45526, Class Patriot, in 1948 and retired on October 24, 1964.  It was scrapped in February 1965.


Millom and Askham Haematite and Iron Co, Ltd.

1 "Millom" was built by Hudswell Clarke in 1946, #1742, for Ministry of Supply.  It was send to West Chirton depot.  It became surplus in February 1957 and sold to M&AH&I.  It was stored until 1963 and rebuilt for Hodbarrow.  It was retired in 1968 and sold to Quinton Railway Society in March 1970.  It served on the Lincolnshire Wolds Ry and rebuilt from the early 1970s thru November 2007.  In 2011 it was transferred to Buckinghamshire Ry Centre.


Nene Valley Ry.

D9516, 0-6-0DH, Class 14, was built at Swindon Works in 1964 as British Ry D9516, Class 14.  It was retired in April 1968 and sold as Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals 36.  It was sold for preservation in 1982 and ran as Nene Valley Ry D9516.  It was sold as Wensleydale Ry D9516 in 2011 and resold as Didcot Ry Centre D9516 in May 2014.


Osram Ltd.

"Osram", 12T, was built by John Fowler & Co in 1933, #20067.  It was retired in 1969 and sold to Quinton Railway Society in 1969.


Ribble Steam Ry.

690, 6KT, was built by English Electric as Nederlandse Spoorwegen 690, Class 600.  It was sold as RSRy 690 in 2005.


Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Ry.

2 "Northern Chief" was built by Davey Paxman & Co in 1925, #15470.  It was based on a Bulleid design.

8 "Hurricane" was built by Davey Paxman & Co in 1926, #16044.  It was 3 cylinder but rebuilt in 1937.  It was based on a London North Eastern Class A4 design.


Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals

36, 0-6-0DH, Class 14, was built at Swindon Works in 1964 as British Ry D9516, Class 14.  It was retired in April 1968 and sold as Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals 36.  It was sold for preservation in 1982 and ran as Nene Valley Ry D9516.  It was sold as Wensleydale Ry D9516 in 2011 and resold as Didcot Ry Centre D9516 in May 2014.


War Department

846, 0-4-0DM, was built by Hunslet in 1940, #2067.  It was first used as DON 1 at Donnington, Shropshire.  It was renumbered as WD 75519 in 1945 at Feltham Ordnance Depot.  It was renumbered in 1952 as WD 846 and transferred to Arncott in 1957.  It was transferred to Sinfin Lane, Derby, in 1957 and retired in July 1966 for storage at Bicester.  It was sold to Thomas Ward, dealer, in October 1966.  It was sold to Esso Petroleum and served various locations.  It was donated to Quainton Ry Society in April 1983 and painted red and named "Esso".  It was restored as WD 846.


Wensleydale Ry.

D9516, 0-6-0DH, Class 14, was built at Swindon Works in 1964 as British Ry D9516, Class 14.  It was retired in April 1968 and sold as Stewarts and Lloyds Minerals 36.  It was sold for preservation in 1982 and ran as Nene Valley Ry D9516.  It was sold as Wensleydale Ry D9516 in 2011 and resold as Didcot Ry Centre D9516 in May 2014.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

7/17/2016

Memorial of Saint Ennodius of Pavia

16th Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents.  Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace in the world.

-- Mother Teresa of Calcutta