Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville RR

 

This railroad was a service in the namesake cities in New York. But between 1894 and 1938 it was also an interurban electric railway. In 1894, the company acquired the Cayadutta Electric RR and the Johnstown Gloversville and Kingstown Horse RR. At this time they extended east to Schenectady. The line was rather successful, and in 1932 it purchased five lightweight Brill bullet cars. But in 1938 the state condemned the bridge over the Mohawk River. The cost of replacement was too great, and electric service ended. Freight service continued on the original trackage. Diesels came and replaced steam, but the line did not survive the early 1980s.

25 was a single truck city car.

125 was built by Brill in 1932, #22961.  It was sold as Bamberger RR 125 in 1939 and retired in 1952.  The body was sold to Utah Pickle Co.

126 was built by Brill in 1932, #22961.  It was sold as Bamberger 126 in 1939 and retired in 1952.  The body was sold to Utah Pickle Co and resold to Trolley Square in 1972.  It was acquired by a private owner in 1978 and then by Utah State Railroad Museum in 1988.

127 was built by Brill in 1932, #22961.  It was sold as Bamberger 127 in 1939 and retired in 1952.  The body was sold to Utah Pickle Co and acquired by Orange Empire Railway Museum in 1972.

128 was built by Brill in 1932, #22961.  It was sold as Bamberger in 128 in 1939 and retired in 1952.  The body was sold to Utah Pickle Co and resold to Trolley Square in 1972.  It was sold to Art City Trolley Restaurant in 1986.

129 was built by Brill in 1932, #22961.  It was sold as Bamberger in 129 in 1939 and retired in 1952.  The body was sold to Utah Pickle Co.

175 was a lightweight interurban built by Wason in 1923.

176 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950, as Albany Southern Ry 60. It went to FJ&G as 176 in 1930. It was acquired as Portland Traction Co 4006 in 1940.

177 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950. as ASRy 61. It went to the FJ&G as 177 in 1930. It was acquired as PTC 4007 in 1940.

20, S2, was built by Alco in September 1945, #74328.

100, RS2, was built by Alco in November 1949, #77572, as Delaware & Hudson 4022, Class DERS-60.  It was reclassified Class RS-15 in 1959 and sold as Cooperstown & Charlotte Valley 100 in August 1971.  It was later transferred as FJ&G 100.

Modern boxcars also found their way to the roster.

Even short lines had problems.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/14/2010

Memorial of Bl. Peter Donders of Tilburg

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The Devil never runs upon a man to seize him with his claws until he sees him on the ground, already having fallen by his own will.

-- St. Thomas More