Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Indiana Railroad

Heavyweight Passenger Cars

 

354 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in March 1905, #315 as Fort Wayne & Wabash Valley Traction Co  504 "Tallisman".  It became Indiana Service Corp 354 in 1920 and IRR 354 in 1930.  It was retired in 1932 and the body became a home.  It was recovered by Illinois Railway Museum 1991 and restored as 504.

375 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1926 as Indiana Service Corp 375. It was ass1gned to IRR as 375 in 1932 and rebuilt as a RPO-combine in 1935. It was sold to Chicago South Shore & South Bend in 1941 as 503 and used as a straight baggage car. It was rebuilt in 1952 with windows removed and doors changed.

376 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1926 as ISC 376. It was assigned to IRR as 376 in 1932 and rebuilt as a RPO-combine in 1935. It was sold to CSS&SB in 1941 and stored until 1947 when it was rebuilt as line car 1100. It was retired in 2003.

377 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1926 as ISC 377. It was assigned to IRR as 377 in 1932 and rebuilt as a combine in 1935. It was sold to CSS&SB as 504 in 1941 and used in 1942 as a straight baggage car. It was rebuilt in 1955 with windows removed and doors changed.

406 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1913, as Union Traction of Indiana 406 "Carmel". It became IRR 406 in 1930 was retired in 1936,

427 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925 as UTI 427.  It became IRR 427 in 1930 and converted to one man operation in 1936.  The direction of the car was reversed so that the baggage compartment was in the rear. Enclosed steps were provided on the right side of the car.  It was scrapped in 1940.

429 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925 as UTI 429.  It became IRR 429 in 1930 and rebuilt in 1936.  It was scrapped in 1940.

431 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925 as UTI 431 "Logansport".  It became IRR 431 in 1930 and rebuilt in 1936.  It was scrapped in 1940.

438 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925 as UTI 438.  It became IRR 438 in 1930 and rebuilt in 1936.  It was scrapped in 1940.

441 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925 as UTI 441.  It became IRR 441 in 1930 and rebuilt in 1936.  It was scrapped in 1940.

442 was built by Jewett in 1913 as Grand Rapids Holland & Chicago 20.  In 1916 it became Michigan Rys. 112.  When that company broke up in 1924, it reverted as GRH&C 112.  In 1927 it was sold as UTI 442 "Eaton" and became IRR 442 in 1930.  It was rebuilt to one man in 1936.

443 was built by Jewett in 1913 as GRH&C 21.  In 1916 it became MRys 113 and GHY&C 113 in 1924.  In 1927 it was sold UTI 443 "Elwood" and IRR 443 in 1930.  It became wreck motor 1150 in 1934.

444 was built by Jewett in 1913 as GRH&C 22.  In 1916 it became MRys 114 and GHY&C 114 in 1924.  In 1927 it was sold UTI 444 and IRR 444 in 1930.  Parts were rebuilt as motor car 710 in 1932.

445 was built by Jewett in 1913 as GRH&C 23.  In 1916 it became MRys 115 and GHY&C 115 in 1924.  In 1927 it was sold UTI 445 "Daleville" and IRR 445 in 1930.  It was rebuilt to one man in 1937.

446 thru 449 were built by Cincinnati Car in 1923 as part of an order of 10 cars for the Indianapolis & Southeastern RR. When they were replaced by lightweight cars in 1928, six cars were sold to Milwaukee and converted into three truck trains. The other four cars went to Union Traction as their 446 thru 449 in 1929. They were soon included in the IRR. In 1936, they were converted to one man operation. They were retired in 1938, and car 446 became the wreck motor for another two years.

446 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in May 1924, #2760, as Indianapolis & Cincinnati Traction 601.  It was sold to Union Traction of Indiana as their 446 in 1929. It was soon included in the Indiana RR. In 1936, it was converted to one man operation. It was retired in 1938 became the wreck motor for another two years.

447 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1923, #2760, as I&CT 606.  It was sold to UTI 447 in 1929 and became IRR 447 in 1930. The body was acquired by the Indiana Transportation Museum at Noblesville in 1977.

450 thru 456 were built by Cincinnati Car in 1919 as 150 thru 152 and 154 thru 157 of the Interstate Public Service Co. In the consolidation, they were renumbered, but they carried PSC initials for the successor to IPS, Public Service Corp. of Indiana. They were converted to one man operation in 1936 and retired in 1938.

457 and 458 were built by St. Louis Car in 1926 as IPSCo 378 and 379. They were one-manned in 1937 and retired in 1938.

301 thru 306 were the only trailers used by the IRR. They had been rebuilt by American Car & Foundry in 1920 and came from the IPS. They were retired in 1939. 305 was sold to the Ferdinand RR as their coach 305.

302 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1907 as Indianapolis Columbus & Southern Traction 102. It became IPS 302 in 1912 and rebuilt by AC&F in 1920. It went to IRR as 302 in 1930 and retired in 1939.

304 was built by Niles in 1907 as Indianapolis & Louisville Traction Co 203.  It became IPS 304 in 1912 and rebuilt by AC&F in 1920.  It went to IRR as 304 in 1930 and retired in 1939.

 

Roster info: Art Peterson

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

Memorial of Saint Abundius of Rome

2/27/2016

 

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Love is the most beautiful sentiment the Lord has put into the soul of men and women

--St. Gianna Molla