Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Johnstown Traction Co.

 

The last small city trolley was the Johnstown Traction. In addition to a nice selection of new and used trolleys, JT operated PCCs and ETBs. Here is a selection of photos. Special thanks to Fred Schneider and Cliff Scholes for roster information.

211 was built by St Louis Car in 1916, order #1089

214 was built by St Louis Car in 1916, order #1089.

220 was built by St Louis Car in 1916, order #1089.

223 was built by St, Louis Car in 1917, #1141.

230 was built by St Louis Car in 1917, #1141.

302 was second hand from somewhere.

305 was built by Wason Car Co in 1922, #134, as Bangor Hydro Electric Co 6.  It was sold as JTCo 305 in 1941 and scrapped in 1957.

306 was built by Wason Car Co in 1922, #134, as BHECo 8.  It was sold as JTCo 306 in 1941 and scrapped in 1957.

307 thru 311 came from Bangor Hydro Electric in 1941 where they were 10, 12, 14, 16, and 18. They were scrapped in 1957 except for 311 which was preserved at Rockhill Trolley Museum which acquired it in 1960.

350 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1379, as double end car.

351 thru 354 were built by St. Louis Car in 1925, order #1379, as double end cars.

355 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1380, as single end car. It was rebuilt as double car and became White Mountain Traction Co. 355 in 1960.  Later it was acquired by the Rockhill group in 1970 and restored.

356 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1380, as single end car.

357 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1380, as single end cars  It was rebuilt as double end car and acquired by Branford Electric Ry Association in 1962.

358 was  built by St. Louis Car in 1925, #1380, as single end car.  It was later rebuilt as double end cars.  It went as Stone Mountain Scenic RR 1910 in 1960 and was equipped with a gas engine.  It was then sent to Trolley Museum of New York in 1991 where it is being restored as JT 358.

359 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1380, as single end car.

360 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1925, #1399.

361 thru 369 were built by St. Louis Car in 1926, order #1399, as double end cars. The lower number cars were rebuilt as single end cars.

401 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1947.  In 1960 the trucks were sent to Brussels, Belgium, for use.

402 thru 417 were built by St. Louis Car in 1947. After abandonment in 1960, the trucks were sent to Brussels, Belgium, for further use.

Johnstown also operated trolley coaches until November 11, 1967.

704, STL-48, was built by St. Louis Car Co in 1951, #1768.  It was sold as Servicio de Transportes Electricos del Distrito Federal 3853 in 1968.

710 , 40MST, was built by Brill in 1942 and came from Wilmington, DE.

731 was built by Brill in 1952 as Cincinnati Newport & Covington 665. It was sold to Railways to Yesterday in 1968 and scrapped for parts. It was subsequently sold to the Baltimore Streetcar Museum.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/26/2014

Memorial of Saint Ansurius of Orense

Third Sunday in Ordinary Time

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

God is full of compassion, and never fails those who are afflicted and despised, if they trust in Him alone.

-- St Teresa of Avila