Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Portland Electric Power Co.
Portland Traction Co.
Portland Railway & Terminal Division
Interurban Passenger Cars
This was one of the last operating interurban lines. The original cars were classic old interurbans, but they were replaced with lightweight equipment from various sources.
194 was a narrow gauge car used on the interstate line across the Columbia River to Vancouver, WA.
194 was built by PTCo in 1907 as 603. It was renumbered 194 in 1910 and rebuilt in 1927 and 1933. It was retired in 1939.
1049 was one of the cars which came with the merger of the Mount Hood Ry. where it was 1125.
1099 twas built in the company shops in 1911.
1100 was built in the company shops in 1911.
1102 was built in the company shops in 1911.
4001 thru 4005 were built by Kuhlman in 1927 as Interstate Public Service 261 thru 266. In 1930 they became Indiana RR 200 thru 205. Five of the cars were sold to Portland in 1940.
4006 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950, as Albany Southern RR 60. It went to the Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville as 176 in 1930. It was acquired as PTC 4006 in 1940.
4007 was built by Cincinnati Car in April 1927, #2950, as ASRR 61. It went to the FJ&G as 177 in 1930. It was acquired as PTC 4007 in 1940.
4008 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456, as Yakima Valley Transportation Co 20. It was sold as PTCo 4008 in 1946.
4009 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456, as YVT 21. It was sold as PTCo 4009 in 1946 and was saved in 1960 after the Portland lines quit, and it is now back to its original number and paint scheme in Yakima.
4010 was built by American Car Co in February 1930, #1456, as YVT 22. It was sold as PTCo 4010 in 1946.
In May, 1927, the Emeryville shops of the Key System built a car to the same dimensions as the 955-994 and numbered it 899. On May 12, 1930, car 987 was destroyed in a collision with a Western Pacific train. The 899 was renumberd 987 to fill the gap. When the lines were abandoned in 1948, the 987 (ex 899) was donated to the Bay Area Electric RR Assn. They loaned the car to the PTCo., who ran it as 4011 until 1958 when they discontinued service to Oregon City. The car was returned to the BAERA and is now restored as the 987 at Rio Vista Junction. Here are photos of the car in Oregon.
4012 thru 4014 were Brill Master Units built in 1932 as narrow gauge city cars. In 1950 they were rebuilt with standard gauge trucks and other changes for use on the interurban line. 4012 was the former 813.
4019 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1924 as Pacific Electric Ry 674. It was rebuilt in 1939 and rebuilt in 1950 as 5075. It was sold as PTCo 4019 in 1953 and scrapped in January 1959.
4021 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1924 as PE 673. It was rebuilt in 1939 and rebuilt in 1950 as 5076. It was sold as PTCo 4021 in 1953 and scrapped in January 1959.
4022 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1924 as PE 680. It was rebuilt in 1939 and rebuilt in 1950 as 5069. It was sold as PTCo 4022 in 1953 and retired in January 1959. It was given to Washington County (Oregon) Fair Grounds. It then went to Glenwood and sold to private collector Eugene Stoller in Woodburn, Ore. It then was sold to SeashoreTrolley Museum in 1992.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of Bl. Silvester Ventura