Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Salt Lake Garfield & Western RR
This line started as a steam railroad, the Salt Lake & Los Angeles RR, which was only 16 miles long from Salt Lake City to Saltair resort on the Great Salt Lake. In 1916, the name was change to SLG&W. In 1918 the resort was purchased. In 1919 the road was electrified with 6 motor cars. Steam was used for freight until 1926 when the passenger motors were also used in freight service. The wires came down in 1951 and passenger service continued with a diesel rail car and the former electric cars and trailers pulled by diesels.
501 thru 506 were built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. They were rebuilt in 1950. 501 and 502 were rebuilt as trailers in 1951. 503 thru 506 were scrapped in July 1953.
501 was built by McGuire-Cummings in1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and rebuilt as trailer in 1951. It was scrapped/
502 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and rebuilt as trailer in 1951. It was somewhat preserved by an individual.
503 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and scrapped in July 1953.
504 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and scrapped in July 1953.
505 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and scrapped in July 1953.
506 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1918. It was rebuilt in 1950 and scrapped in July 1953.
301 thru 310 were built by SLG&W in 1922.
401 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in June 1920, #53288, as Salt Lake & Utah 104. It was purchased by the SLG&W and the number was reversed in March 1946. It was scrapped in July 1953.
D.S.1, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric on August 15, 1942, #15032, as New York Ontario & Western 105, Class D. It was sold to Hyman Michael Co in December 1951 and sold as Saltair D.S.1 in December 1951. It went to New York Ontario & Western Historical Society on December 8, 1997. It was sent as Adirondack Scenic Ry 105 and sent to Southern Ry of New Jersey in May 2005. It was restored as NYO&W 105 in 2006.
D.S.2, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric on December 13, 1941, #15028, as NYO&W 101, Class D. It was sold to Hyman Michael Co in December 1951 and sold as Saltair D.S.2 in December 1951. It went to Promontory Chapter NRHS in 1988 and donated to Feather River Rail Society. It was later sold to Bay Area Electric RR Association for Western Railway Museum.
D.S.3, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1944, #27597, as U S Army 8519. It came to Saltair in June 1972.
D.S.4 (T6) was built by Alco in May 1955, #81290, as Southern Pacific 1040, Class DS-9. It was renumbered 1207, Class AS409-2, in 1966 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co. It was sold as Saltair D.S.4 on December 5, 1978.
D.S.5 (65 Ton) was built by General Electric in February 1943, #15889, as U S Army 7162. It was sold to Surplus Wholesales Inc on August 27, 1980, and resold as Saltair D.S.5 on September 2, 1980. It was repainted in May 1982 and sold as Union Tank Car Co 1303.
D.S.7 (SW9) was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #13212, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9269. It became Burlington Northern 160, Class SW-9, in 1970, and sold to OmniTrax. It was sold as Saltair D.S.7 in November 1985 and sold to J R Simplot Co on July 19, 1988.
D.S.8 (SW1200) was built by Electro-Motive in February 1964, #28899, FN 7696-5, as St Louis South-Western 1066, Class Z12. It was renumbered 2254, Class ES412C-3, in 1966 and later sold as Great Western Leasing Co 2254. It was sold as Saltair DS.8 in September 1997 and returned as GWRX 2254 in June 2000.
D.S.9 (SW9u) was built by Electro-Motive in April 1953, #17813, FN 4133-6, as Union Pacific 1833. It was rebuilt at Omaha on February 10, 1982, as 1230 and retired on July 14, 1998, It was sold to Connell Finance in July 1998 and sold as Saltair D.S.9 in January 2000.
D.S.10 (SW9u) was built by Electro-Motive in October 1953, #18839, FN 4216-5, as UP 1851. It was rebuilt at Omaha on January 30, 1981, as 1215 and renumbered 1274 on December 10, 1997. It was retired on July 14, 1998, and sold to Connell Finance in July 1998. It was sold as Saltair D.S.10 in January 2000.
M.C.3 was built by American Car & Foundry in 1935, Order #1432, as Seaboard Air Line RR 2026, part of a three car order, 2024 thru 2026. It was sold to the Aberdeen & Rockfish as 106. In 1951 it was purchased by SLG&W to replace the electric cars. In 1963 it went to California Western where it was numbered M300 and operates in "Skunk" service.
711 was a former Union Pacific heavyweight modernized lounge car in the 1500 series. It was to be a gambling car but was sold.
WebWork by rinity
St. Patrick Day
Memorial of Blessed Juan Nepomuceno Zegrí y Moreno