Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Laurinburg & Southern Ry

100, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1946, #28495.  It was sold as Monroe Sand & Gravel Co 100 and sold as Arkansas & Louisiana Missouri 34.  It was sold as George R Silcott Railway Equipment Co 34.

1st 102, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1943, #15774, as United States Army 7088.  It was sold to Pan American Engineering Co in 1947 and resold as LRS 102 in 1947.  It was resold as Atlantic & East Carolina Ry 6 on February 18, 1957, and renumbered 402 on July 30, 1958.  It was retired in 1969 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive Co.  It was scrapped on August 18, 1970.

2nd 102, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1948, #29467, as High Point Thomasville & Denton RR 203.  It was sold as Superior Stone Co 203 on October 24, 1968, and became Martin Marietta Corp 203.  It was sold through George Silcott to LRS as 102 in March 1985 and sold as Atlantic & Western RR 102 in December 1986.

104, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1950, #30458, as Lancaster & Chester 62.  It was sold as LRS 104 on November 30, 1965, and assigned as Red Springs & Northern 104 in July 1984.

105, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1948, #29466, as HPT&D 202.  It was sold as LRS 105 on October 29, 1968, and later assigned as Franklin County RR 105.  It is stored.

108, 40 Ton WDT, was built by Plymouth in December 1952, #5608, as Magor Car Corp 5608.  It was sold as Fruehauf Rail Corp 5608 and renumbered 456.  It was sold as LRS 108 in August 1973 and sold to Shorty's Truck & Railroad Car Parts in September 1998.

110, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in Jun 1948, #30013, as Norfolk Southern Ry 701.  It became Southern Ry 701 in 1974 and sold as LRS 110 in 1978.

114, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #7503, FN E1070-2, as Union RR 456, Class D-57.  It was sold as LRS 114 in September 1984.

116, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1949, #7510, FN E1070-9, as URR 463, Class D-57.  It was sold as LRS 116 in August 1985 and was sold as Johnson Railway Services JRWX 116.  It was sold to Chattahoochee Locomotive Co as CLCX 8127 in 2008 and later rebuilt.

117, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1949, #7512, FN E1070-11, as URR 465, Class D-57.  It was sold as LRS 117 in August 1985.   It was sold as JRWX 117.

119, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1949, #7511, FN E1070-10, as URR 464, Class D-57.  It was sold as LRS 119 in August 1985 and assigned as Nash County RR 119.  It was sold as Gulf & Ohio Ry 119 in February 1994 and scrapped in March 2012.

121, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1940, #1049, FN E298-11, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 1623, Class DE-6.  It was renumbered 968 in 1959 and 958 in 1972.  It was renumbered 868 in January 1973 and sold as LRS 121 in Novmber 1985.  It was sold as JRWX 121 in 2009.

123, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #7507, FN E1070-6, as URR 460, Class D-57.  It was sold to United States Sugar Corp 158 in 1964 and sold as LRS 123.  It was sold to Republic Locomotive and rebuilt as Cogentrix of Rocky Mountain 8, RL-1000.

126, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1949, #7526, FN E1071-11, as URR 546, Class D-75.  It was sold as LRS 126 in January 1987.

127, NW2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8539, FN E1186-6, as URR 555, Class D-75.  It was sold as LRS 127 in January 1987 and scrapped in March 2012.

140, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #16116, FN 6379-1, as Republic Steel Co 352.  It was sold as LRS 140 in September 1993 and  sold as JRWX 140.  It was sold to Knoxville Locomotive Works as KLWX 140 and scrapped by East Tennessee Railcar Services in March 2012.

142, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1951, #14098, FN 6240-1, as Republic Steel 304.  It was renumbered 825 and sold as LRS 142 in September 1993.  It was sold as JRWX 142 and sold as KLWX 142 and scrapped by East Tennessee Railcar Services in March 2012.

143, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1951, #14559, FN 6266-1, as Republic Steel 306.  It was renumbered 826 and sold as LRS 143 in September 1993.  It was scrapped in March 2012.

145, S4, was built by Alco in October 1954, #81094, as Piedmont & Northern 1005.  It became Seaboard Coast Line 230 in 1970 and sold as Port Manatee RR 230 in August 1976.  It was sold as Withrow Locomotive 230 in 1989 and sold as LRS 145 in June 1994.

146, S2, was built by Alco in August 1943, #70273, as Newburgh & South Shore RR 11.  It was renumbered 1004 and sold as MAUP 1004.  It was sold as Withrow 1004 and sold as LRS 146 in June 1994.

696, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #24848, FN 5586-33, as Norfolk & Western 696. It was retired in April 1992 and sold to LRS 696 in June 1992. It was sold for scrap by Steel Processing Services in December 1993.


Franklin County RR

105, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1948, #29466, as High Point Thomasville & Denton RR 202.  It was sold as Laurinburg & Southern Ry 105 on October 29, 1968, and later assigned as FCRR 105.  It is stored.


Nash County RR

119, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1949, #7511, FN E1070-10, as Union RR 464, Class D-57.  It was sold as Laurinburg & Southern Ry 119 in August 1985 and assigned as NCYR 119.  It was sold as Gulf & Ohio Ry 119 in February 1994 and scrapped in March 2012.

2391, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1953, #17779, FN 5247-5, as Louisville & Nashville 511, Class GP-7.  It was renumbered 2391 and became became Seaboard System 2391 in January 1983.  It was sold as Alabama & Florida RR 2391 and transferred as Wiregrass Central RR 2391 in 1993.  It was transferred as NCYR 2391 in 1994 and Atlantic & Gulf RR 2391 in 1994.  It was transferred as Georgia & Florida Railnet 2391 in 1997 and transferred as Lexington & Ohio RR 2391 in 1998.  It was transferred as Knoxville & Holston River RR 2391.


Red Springs & Northern RR

104, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1950, #30458, as Lancaster & Chester 62.  It was sold as Laurinburg & Southern Ry 104 on November 30, 1965, and assigned as RSNR 104 in July 1984.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/27/2016

Memorial of Saint Ensfrid of Cologne

Easter

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The school of Christ is the school of love.  In the last day, when the general examination takes place . . . Love will be the whole syllabus.

-- St Robert Bellarmine