Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Trams of England

Accrington Corporation Tramways

ACT was opened on August 2, 1907, and closed on March 31, 1932.

28 was built by Brush Traction in 1919.  It was sold as Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Electric Co 1 in 1933 and scrapped in 1956.

29 was built by Brush Traction in 1919.  It was sold as L&CB 2 in 1933 and scrapped in 1956.

32 was built by Brush Traction in 1920.  It was sold as L&CB 5 in 1933 and withdrawn in 1956.


Birmingham Corporation Tramways

572 was built by BCT in 1913.


Blackpool Corporation Tramways

We have a full page on this line..


Bournemouth Corporation

85 was built by United Electric Car Co in 1914.  It was sold as Llandudno & Colwyn Bay Electric Co 6 in 1936 and sent to Clapham Transport Museum in 1955.  It was sent to Science Museum. South Kensington, and went to Southern Electric Museum of Electricity in Christchurch, Dorset, where it was restored as BC 85.

116 was built by Brush Traction in 1924.  It was sold as L&CB 8 in 1936 and scrapped in 1956.

126 was built by Brush Traction in 1924.  It was sold as L&CB 12 in 1936 and scrapped in 1956.


Chesterfield Corporation Tramways

The small town of Chesterfield in Derbyshire operated their own standard gauge electric tramways from 1904 to 1927, when substitution by trolleybuses was completed. Car 7 came from the batch 1-12, built by Brush in 1904 as open top cars on Brush radial trucks.  Seven were fitted with top covers in 1920

7 was built by Brush in 1904 and rebuilt in 1920. The restoration of the car was completed at Crich in late 1996, and like so many of the vehicles at Crich is a tribute to the skills of the volunteers and staff at Crich.

8 was built in 1899.  It was retired in 1904 when the line was electrified.  It went to Clapham Transport Museum and later to Science Museum.  It was leased to Crich.


Crosville Motor Services

It began in 1906 at Chester as a builder but began bus service in 1909.  It covered parts of Lancaster, Chester, and Flintshire.  It was purchased by London Midland & Scottish Ry in 1929.  It continued to expand and sold a subsidiary of Tilling Group in 1942.  It was spread until deregulation in 1972 and finally sold off in 1988.

CTL64 was built by Leyland in 1986 and retired in 1987.

DVL488 was built by Bristol.


Croydon Tramlink

2534 was built by Bombardier in 1998.

2544 was built by Bombardier in 1998.

2552 was built by Bombarier in 1998.


Derby Corporation Tramways

We have a photo of one of their cars at Crich.


Hampshire Bus Co.

3312, SL2, was built by Bristol in 1974 as Hants & Dorset Motor Services 3312.  It became HBC 3312 in April 1983 and later retired.


Hants & Dorset Motor Services

3312, SL2, was built by Bristol in 1974.  It became Hampshire Bus Co 3312 in April 1983 and later retired.


Leeds Corporation Tramways

We have photos of several of their cars at Crich.

24, Class Chamberlain, was built by Brush Traction in 1927.

196, Class Horsfield, was built by Brush Traction in 1931.

301 was built  by LCC in 1932, as London County Council Tramway 1 "Bluebird".  It became London Passenger Transport Board 1 and painted to red.  It was sold as Leeds 301 in 1950 and went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960.  It went to Crich and repainted as London 1.

345 was built in 1921 as an open-balconied tramcar.  It was converted in 1938 by enclosing the balconies and changing the type of stairs. An internal bulkhead was also removed. Because of this the tramcar became known as a "Convert Car".  In 1948 the tramcar was withdrawn from service, and should have been scrapped. However, it lasted until the system closure in 1959, whence upon it was given to the National Tramway Museum who had acquired their site in the same year. It was the first passenger carrying car to arrive at Crich, the first car being Cardiff 131, a water-carrier. The tramcar was not restored immediately however, and went to the Clay Cross store in the 1980s. In 2002 the car was returned and it's 4 year restoration started, before being returned to service on April 1, 2006.  The tramcar is now one of the most use cars in the Crich fleet.

501, Class Feltham, was built by Union Construction Co in 1931 as Metropolitan Electric Tramways 355.  It became London Passenger Transport Board 2099, Class E/3, in 1933 and sold to LCT as 501 in 1950.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960 and later to London Transport Museum.  It was restored as MET 355.

527, Class Feltham, was built by Union Construction Co in 1930 for MET.  It became LPTB in 1933 and sold to LCT in 1950.

600 was built by Brush Traction in 1931 as Sunderland Corporation Transport as 85.  It was retired in 1939  and initially, the car was used for checking clearances on curves etc. for a proposed tram subway in Leeds. The vehicle was fitted with EMB heavyweight bogies in 1946, and at some stage, converted to a centre-exit car by Leeds. The car was numbered 288 between 1947 & 1950 and rebuilt by LCT in 1954 as 600.  It went to Crich but is stored due to cracks in the bogie frams.

601 was built by Charles H Roe Co in 1953.  It rode on EMB bogies but was retired and scrapped.

602 was built by Charles H Roe Co in 1953.  It rode on Maley & Taunton bogies and also was fitted with VAMBAC equipment.  It went to Crich but is seldom run.

2 was built by LCT in 1927 as 420, Class Chamberlain.  It was rebuilt as 2 and went to Crich.


Leicester Corporation

We have a photo of one of their cars at Crich.


Liverpool Corporation Tramways

272, "Baby Grand", was built by LCT in 1938.

947, "Bogie Streamliner", was built by LCT in 1937.

957, "Bogie Streamliner", was built by LCT in 1937.


Liverpool Overhead Railway

LOR opened in 1893 with lightweight electric multiple units in the Liverpool Docks.  It was the world's first electric elevated railway and the first to use automatic signalling and electric colour signals.  It was referred to locally as the Docker's Umbrella.  In the early 1900s electric trains on the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway to Southport and Aintree, special trains to Aintree ran twice a year after these regular services were withdrawn.  A local railway, it was not nationalized in 1948.  In 1955 a report into the structure of the many viaducts showed major repairs were needed that the company could not afford.  The railway closed at the end of 1956 and the structures were dismantled the following year.

6 was built by Brown Marshall & Co in 1892.


London County Council Tramways

1 "Bluebird" was built  by LCC in 1932.  It became London Passenger Transport Board 1 and painted to red.  It was sold as Leeds Corporation Tramways 301 in 1950 and went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960.  It went to Crich and repainted as London 1.

597, Class E/1, was built English Electric in 1930.  It became LPTB 597 in 1933.

816, Class E/1.

1812, Class E/1.  It became LPTB 1812 in 1933.

1929, Class E/3, was built by LCCT in 1930.  It became LPTB 1929 in 1933.

1991, Class E/3, was built by LCCT in 1931.  It became LPTB 1991 in 1933.


London Passenger Transport Board

1 "Bluebird" was built  by LCC in 1932, as London County Council Tramway 1 "Bluebird".  It became LPBD 1 and painted to red.  It was sold as Leeds Corporation Tramways 301 in 1950 and went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960.  It went to Crich and repainted as London 1.

1, Class A-1, trolleybus, "Diddler" was built by Union Construction Co in 1931 as London United Tramways 1.  It became LPTB 1, Class A-1, in 1933 and retired on January 9, 1984.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham. and later to London Transport Museum.

290, Class A, was built United Electric Car Co in 1910 as West Ham Corporation Tramways 102.  It became LPBD 290 in 1933.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, 1958, and later to London Transport Museum.  It has been restored as WHC 102.

597, Class E/1, was built English Electric in 1930, as London County Council Tramways 597.  It became LPTB 597 in 1933.

1812, Class E/1, as LCCT 1812.  It became LPTB 1812 in 1933.

1929, Class E/3, was built by LCCT in 1930 as LCCT 1929.  It became LPTB 1929 in 1933 and scrapped at Penhall Road in October 1952.

1991, Class E/3, was built by LCCT in 1931 as LCCT 1991.  It became LPTB 1991 in 1933.

2099, Class E/3, was built by Union Construction Co in 1931 as Metropolitan Electric Tramways 355.  It became LPTB 2099, Class E/3, in 1933 and sold to Leed Corporation Tramways as 501 in 1950.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960 and later to London Transport Museum.  It was restored as MET 355.


London Transport

1436.


London United Tramways

1, Class A-1, trolleybus, "Diddler" was built by Union Construction Co in 1931.  It became London Passenger Transport Board 1, Class A-1, in 1933 and retired on January 9, 1984.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham. and later to London Transport Museum.

240.


Metropolitan Electric Tramways

320, "Bluebell", was built by Union Construction Co in 1929.

355 was built by Union Construction Co in 1931.  It became London Passenger Transport Board 2099, Class E/3, in 1933 and sold to Leed Corporation Tramways as 501 in 1950.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, in 1960 and later to London Transport Museum.  It was restored as MET 355.


National Tramway Museum

Crich Tramway Village

We have a full page on this superb museum.


Sheffield Corporation Tramways

74 was built by Electric Railway & Tramway Carriage Works in 1903.  It was sold to Gateshead & District Tramways in December 1922 and acquired by The National Tramway Museum in 1951.  It was rebuilt from 3 cars, upper and lower decks from two Sheffield bodies and trucks from Leeds.

105, Standard car, was built at Queens Road Works in 1931.

223, Rocker Panel car, was built at Queens Road Works in 1927.

243, Standard car, was built at Queen Road Works in 1936.

264 was built by United Electric Co in 1907.  It was rebuilt in 1926 with totally enclosed upper deck and renumbered 342 in the late 1930s.  It was relegated to peak-hour service but survived in service in 1956.  It went to British Transport Commission and exhibited at Clapham Transport Museum until 1967 when it went to Consett Iron Co.  It went to Beamish Museum in December 1973 and painted as Gateshead & District Tramways with open top due to the poor condition deck structure.  It was withdrawn in 1985 and restored as 264 in 1987.  However, in 2002 it was withdrawn from service because it will require a new underframe.

524, Roberts car, was built at Queens Road Works in 1951.


Southampton Corporation

We have a photo of one of their cars at Crich.


Sunderland Corporation Transport

85 was built by Brush Traction in 1931.  It was retired in 1939  and sold to Leeds Corporation Transport and initially, the car was used for checking clearances on curves etc. for a proposed tram subway in Leeds. The vehicle was fitted with EMB heavyweight bogies in 1946, and at some stage, converted to a centre-exit car by Leeds. The car was numbered 288 between 1947 & 1950 and rebuilt by LCT in 1954 as 600.  It went to Crich but is stored due to cracks in the bogie frames.


West Ham Corporation Tramways

102, was built United Electric Car Co in 1910.  It became London Passenger Transport Board 290, Class A, in 1933.  It went to Museum of British Transport, Clapham, 1958, and later to London Transport Museum.  It has been restored as WHC 102.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/12/2017

32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time

Memorial of Saint Evodius of Le Puy

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Since love completes all, makes all hard things soft, and the difficult easy, let us strive to make all our acts proceed from move.

St. Arnold Janssen