Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

National Railway Equipment Co.

This growing company is a dealer and leasor of locomotives. This is a historical information site and we have no connection with the company. We have found that a person was somewhat confusing in the basic purpose of this site.

1-999

1, SW600, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1962, #26932, FN 4449-1, as Arizona Public Service Co 1. It was sold to NRE 1 and later sold to Flying J Oil & Gas Co 1.

D-19, SW9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1952, #16338, FN 6368-9, as Pittsburgh & Lake Erie 8960, Class DES-16n.  It was reclassified Class ES-12m in 1966 and renumbered 1235 in December 1971.  It was sold to Texas Oklahoma & Eastern as D-19 in March 1974.  It was then transferred to Weyerhaeuser Corp as D-19 and later sold to NRE as D-19.

30, GP38-2, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1971, #37451, FN 5766-8, as Gulf Mobile & Ohio 728, GP38AC.  It became Illinois Central Gulf  9547 and became Illinois Central 9547.  It was sold to Helm Leasing Co as HLCX 3679 and sold as Indiana Rail Road 30.  It was rebuilt as NREX 30 in 2012.

51, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1967, #33074, FN 5725-3, as Phelps-Dodge Corp 51.  It was sold to NRE as 51.

55, SD9m, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #23170, FN 5532-16, as New York Chicago & St Louis 355, Class ERX-17A.  It became Norfolk & Western 2355 in 1965 and renumbered 2955 in 1983.  It was rebuilt as Norfolk Southern 55 in 1989 and sold as NREX 55 on September 8, 2012.

56, SD9m, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1957, #23165, FN 5532-11, as NYC&StL 350, Class ERX-17A.  It became N&W 2350 in 1965 and renumbered 2950 in 1983.  It was rebuilt as NS 53 in 1989 and sold as NREX 56 on September 13, 2012.

96, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1957, #23990, FN 4409-3, as Inland Steel Co 96. It was sold to NRE as 96.

100, NW2, was built by Electro-Moive in May 1949, #8525, FN E1181-7, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 441.  It was sold to NRE in November 1988 and sold as Minnesota Commercial RR 441 in May 1989.  It was renumbered 100 in 1989 and sold as NREX 100.

118, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1952, #17086, FN 5211-1, as Missouri-Kansas-Texas 1528.  It was renumbered 118 in 1958 and retired on June 6, 1989.  It was sold to Wilson Ry on July 19, 1989, and sold as Seagraves Whiteface & Lubbock RR 118 in April 1990.  It was sold as West Texas & Lubbock RR 118 "City of Levelland" in January 1996.  It was sold as NREX 118 in 2005 and sold as Bolton's Crown Quality 118 "Eleanor" in 2007.

200, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #20517, FN 5398-3, as Denver & Rio Grande Western 5903, Class DE B-B 61..  It was retired on October 10, 1991, and sold to NRE. It was leased to South Orient as 200 in February 1992.

201, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #20518, FN 5398-4, as D&RGW 5904, Class DE B-B 61. It was retired on October 10, 1991, and sold to NRE in October 1991. It was leased to SO as 201 in February 1992 and returned in June 1994. It was sold to Mid-America Car in 1994 and sold to Midwest Rail Contractors as 201 in 1996.

205. GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1955, #20526, FN 5398-12, as D&RGW 5924, Class DE B-B 61. It was retired on October 3, 1991, and sold to NRE in October 1991. It was leased to SO as 205 in February 1992 and returned in June 1994. It was sold to MAC in 1994 and sold later sold to MRC as 205 in 1996.

306, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1970, #36486, FN 4584-2, as Minnesota Transfer Ry 306.  It was sold as NREX 306 and sold as Birmingham Southern RR 354.  It became Watco as WAMX 1533.

325, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1955, #20108, FN 4288-1, as Minneapolis St Paul & Sault Ste Marie RR 325.  It became Soo Line RR 325 in January 1961 and sold as NREX 325 in December 1996.

407, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #8548, FN E1188-A1, as Chicago & North Western 4072A. It was renumbered 407 in December 1971 and was sold to Regional Transit Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to the C&NW. It was retired on May 9, 1983, and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in January 1985. It was resold to the Cedar Valley RR in May 1985 and later sold to Coe Rail as 407.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in 2000 and sold to Norfolk Southern as SOU 407 in December 2012.

480, C30-7, was built by General Electric in January 1980, #42725, as Union Pacific 2485, Class C30-7. It was renumbered 480 on December 11, 1996. It was retired on February 26, 2001.  It was sold as NREX 480 and rebuilt as America Latina Logistica 7625.

500, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18237, FN 5270-1, as Chicago & North Western 1625.  It was rebuilt at Oelwein on August 10, 1981, as 4283 and sold to Econo-Rail as GWRX 4283 in October 1994.  It was sold to SP Construction Services as SPCX 500 and sold as New Orleans & Gulf Coast 500.  It was sold as NREX 500 in February 2013.

542, U23B, was built by General Electric in November 1974, #39906, as Missouri Pacific 2258.  It was renumbered 4508 in 1980 and became Union Pacific 542 on April 30, 1987.  It was retired on January 24, 1991, and sold to GATX.  It was sold to National Ry Equipment Co as 542 and became Texas Central Business 103 in 2001.

543, U23B, was built by General Electric in November 1974, #39907, as MP 2259. It was renumbered 4509 in 1980 and assigned UP 543.   It was retired on January 24, 1991.  It was sold to GATX and then to NRE as 543. It became TCB 101 in 2001.

547, U23B, was built by General Electric in November 1974, #39911, as MP 2263. It was renumbered 4513 in 1980 and became UP 547 on October 7, 1987. It was retired on January 24, 1991, and returned to GATX. It was sold to NRE as 547. It became TCB 102 in 2001.

548, U23B, was built by General Electric in November 1974, #39912, as MP 2264.  It was renumbered 4514 in 1980 and became UP 548 on March 26, 1986.  It was retired on January 24, 1991, and returned to GATX.  It was sold to NRE as 548.

601, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #23121, FN 5526-2, as Elgin Joliet & Eastern 601. It was sold to NRE as 601 and then to Montana Rail Link as 601 in 1988. It was renumbered 604 and rebuilt in 1991 as 651.

604, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1956, #21733, FN 5456-7, as Duluth Missabe & Iron Range 107, Class RS-1.  It was transferred to EJ&E as 604 in February 1968.  It was sold to NRE as 604 in November 1987 and then to MRL as 604 in 1988.  It was renumbered 600 and later rebuilt.  It was transferred to I&M Rail Link as 600 and returned to MRL as 600.

613, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1954, #20054, FN 4284-14, as Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 2059, Class 12E-S. It was renumbered 613 in 1959 and became Davenport Rock Island & North Western 613.  It was sold as NRE 613 in 1995 and was leased to Geneva Steel in 1998.

745, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1969, #34898, FN 7169-10, as Soo Line 745.  It was sold as NRE 745 in 2004 and rebuilt as St Ann Jamaica Bauxite Partners 5111, SD38-3, in October 2008.

770, SD40-2, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1973, #73634-4, FN 73634-4, as Soo Line 770.  It was sold as NREX 770 in September 2004.

801, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1970, #36133, FN 4574-4, as Central of Georgia 2341.   It became Norfolk Southern  2341, Class SW1500.  It was sold as Neptune Bulk Terminals as 2341 in 1991 and renumbered 801.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co as NREX 801 in 2022 and sold to General American Transportation as GMTX 156 in February 2013.

802, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1968, #34499, FN 7139-26, as Southern Ry 2325.  It was sold as Helm Leasing Corp 1512 and sold as Neptune Bulk Terminal 1512 in 2004.  It was renumbered 802 and sold as NRE 802 in September 2011.

869, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #31265, FN 7846-3, as Chicago & North Western 869. It was retired on November 26, 1991, and sold to NRE as 869. It was later rebuilt as GEC-Alstom 3064.

872, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #31268, FN 7846-6. as C&NW 872. It was retired on November 26, 1991, and sold as NREX 872.  It was rebuilt as GCFX 3063 in 1999 and sold to CIT Financial as CITX 3063.

882, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1966, #31278, FN 7874-2, as C&NW 882.  It was retired on November 26, 1991, and sold as NREX 882.  It was later rebuilt as Alsthom 3067.

926, SD40, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1966, #32097, FN 7912-6, as Chicago Great Western 406. In 1968 it became C&NW 926 and was sold to NRE as 926 in November 1991. It was later sold to Morrison Knudsen as 9402 and then to Helm Leasing as 5050. In August 1997 it became Dakota Minnesota & Eastern 6060 "City of Huron" It was later rebuilt as First Union Rail 3014.

945, RP-A4U, was built by Alco as Southern RS3.  It was rebuilt as Southern 9835, Class RP-A4U and rebuilt as Norfolk Southern 945, Class RP-A4U.  It was sold as NREX 945 on September 8, 2012.

963, RP-E4U, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #24882, FN 5587-23, as N&W 873, GP9.  It was rebuilt as 9853, RP-E4U on August 30, 1990, and rebuilt as NS 963, Class RP-E4U.  It was sold as NREX 963 on September 13, 2012.

964, RP-E4U, was built by Electro-Motive and rebuilt as NS 964, Class RP-E4U.  It was sold as NREX 964 on September 8, 2012.

965, RP-E4U, was built by Electro-Motive and rebuilt as NS 965, Class RP-E4U.  It was sold as NREX 965 on September 8, 2012.

 

Roster information: Bill Miller, Erik Rasmussen

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

11/27/2016

1st Sunday in Advent

Memorial of Saint Acharius of Tournai

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.

St. Clement of Alexandria