Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Patriot Rail

 

Columbia & Cowlitz Ry.

This is a former Weyerhauser RR


Louisiana & North West

The L&NW was incorporated in 1889 to take over former Louisiana North & South RR. In 1932 it ran between McNeil, AR, and Chestnut, LA. They also leased trackage from the Cotton Belt between McNeil and Magnolia, AR. They operated 12 locomotives, 10 passenger cars, 36 freight cars, and 13 service cars. At that time they were owned by Middle States Petroleum Corp. In recent years it came into the Salzburg collection of short lines.  It was purchased by Patriot in 2008.

Over the years it has had an interesting collection of locomotives, mostly second hand.

22.

23.

36 was built by Baldwin in 1919, #52265, as Sewell Valley Ry 7. It later became Chesapeake & Ohio 2910, and later L&NW 36.

37 was reportedly formerly Norfolk & Western.

39 was built by Baldwin in March 1909, #33289, as St. Louis South-Western 339, Class D-3. It was sold to L&NW as 39 and scrapped on December 23, 1949.

40, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13513, FN 6198-2. This was one of the few new locomotives, and it became North Louisiana & Gulf 40 in 1969. It later went to Hercules Powder as 76 and then to Inman Services as 40. It later was sold to Webb Asset Management as 802.

41, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1950, #13512, FN 6198-1. It was also new and sold to NL&G as 41 in 1969. It later went to Hercules Powder.

42, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in October 1943, #69673, as St Louis South-Western 1005, Class Z10. It was sold in April 1963 as L&NW 42. It February 1967, it was sold to the Georgetown RR for parts and later scrapped.

43, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in February 1945, #71741, as SSW 1009, Class Z10. It came to L&NW as 43 in April 1963. It was sold to Georgetown as 1004 in January 1967.  It became Texas Export RR 1004 in May, 1973. It was apparently renumbered back to 1009.

44, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1952, #16560, as Southern Pacific 6379, Class DF-8. In 1966 it was reclassified EF415-8. It was traded in to General Electric in 1968, and was sold to L&NW in October 1968. In May 1990 it became Entertainment Trains Inc 100. It was at the Galveston Railroad Museum as Texas Limited 100 and scrapped on June 1, 2011.

45, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1952, #16561, FN 3107-A3, as SP 6380, Class DF-8. In 1966 it was reclassified EF415A-8. It was traded in to GE, who sold it to the Wellsville Addison & Galeton as 2000 on November 19, 1968. It was sold to L&NW as 45 in June 1969. After years of storage, it was sold to Golden Gate Ry Museum and given it's original number for shipment in April 2000.

46, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1952, #16559, FN 3107-A1, as SP 6378, Class DF-8. In 1966 it was reclassified EF415A-8. It was traded in to GE and became WA&G 2100 in Jun 1969. Almost immediately it was sold to L&NW as 46. It joined 45 for the trip to California as CCMX 6378.

47, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1950, #10614, FN 3039-A14, as SP 6309, Class DF-6. It was reclassified Class EF415-6 in 1966 and traded it to General Electric in 1969.  It was sold to WA&G where it was never used. It was sold to L&NW as 47 in 1971. It went to Entertainment Trains Inc as 200 in May 1990 and was at the Galveston Railroad Museum as Texas Limited 200.  It was scrapped on June 1, 2011.

48, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #18372, FN 3167-A16, as Texas & New Orleans 379, Class DF-11. It later became SP 379, Class EF415A-11. It was traded in to General Electric in August 1969. GE sold it to WA&G as 2400 in 1969. It came to L&NW in 1974. In January 1992 it went to Waccamaw Coast Line as 48.   It was scrapped.

49, FP7A, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1950, #9004, FN 6043-A3, as Western Pacific 805A, Class D-176. It was traded in to General Electric in September 1972. GE sold it to WA&G where it was never renumbered. It came to L&NW as 49 in 1976. In July 1986 it was purchased by the Portola Railroad Museum who have restored it as WP 805A.

50, GP7, Electro-Motive June 1953, #18570. It was originally Union Pacific 711 and was renumbered 111 in November 1953. It was retired in July 1979, and sold to GE on March 13, 1980. It was sold to L&NW as 111 in January 1981. It was rebuilt and renumbered 50 in August 1981.

51, GP9, Electro-Motive January 1954, #19116. It was UP 230 and retired in May 1979. It was traded in to GE in January 1980. In May 1984 it became L&NW 51 and was named "Murray W. Salzburg".

52, GP7, Electro-Motive June 1950, #10140. It was originally Chesapeake & Ohio 5716, Class MRSE-15. In 1964 it was reclassified as GP-7. In April 1976 it was sold to the Chicago South Shore & South Bend as 1501. It later went to the South Central Arkansas as 1501. In 1984 it became L&NS 52.

53, GP7, Electro-Motive January 1951, #13187. It was originally Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2666, Class 2650. In February 1979 it was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2152, Class 2050. It was retired in December 1988 and became L&NW 53 in March 1989.

54, GP35,  was built by Electro-Motive in March 1965, #29742, as St. Louis South-Western 776, Class Z25. In 1966 it was renumbered 6516, Class EF425C-2. It came to the L&NW in 1991.

55, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1957, #23838, as Illinois Central 9338.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in October 1979 as 8717 and sold as L&NW 55.

56, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1968, #33912, as Detroit Toledo & Ironton 402.  It became Grand Trunk Western 6402, Class GR-430h, in 1984 and retired on March 5, 1999.  It was sold as L&NW 56 in April 2000.

57, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1968, #33910, as DT&I 400.  It became GTW 6400, Class GR-430h, in 1984 and retired on March 5, 1999.  It was sold as L&NW 57 in April 2000.

286, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1954, #19883, as Union Pacific 286,  It was retired in May 1979. They traded it to General Electric in January 1980, and it was sold to L&NW in January 1981. It has since been scrapped.

1448, GP15-1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1979, #787249-19, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 1688, Class GP15-1.  It later became Norfolk Southern PRR 1448 and sold as Larry's Truck Equipment Co 1448.  It was sold as L&NW 1448 in August 2011.

3806, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1970, #36542, FN 7266-7, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 3506, Class 3500.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in January 1985 as 2306, Class 2300, and became Burlington Northern Santa Fe 2196, Class GP38, on February 11, 2000.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co in December 2011 and renumbered 3806.  It was leased as LNW 3806 in May 2012.

3807, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1970, #36475, FN 7265-35, as Penn Central 7859, Class EF-20.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7859, Class GP-38, in April 1976 and Burlington Northern 2182, Class GP-38X, in July 1985.  It became BNSF 2182, Class GP38, in April 2001 and sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co in December 2011.  It was renumbered as LTEX 3807 and leased as LNW 3806 in May 2012.

(4163), GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1959, #25437, FN 5604-1, as Kansas City Southern 163.  It was renumbered 4163 in January 1973 and sold to LNW for parts on April 8, 1987.

I have no roster information on caboose 25.


Temple & Central Texas Ry.

1446, GP15-1, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1979, #787249-16, FN 787249-16, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 1685, Class GP15-1.  It later became Norfolk Southern PRR 1446, Class GP15-1, in 1999 and retired on March 8, 2007.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Equipment Co as LTE 1446 amd leased as TCT 1446.

2003, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1959, #35252, FN 7189-7, as Alabama Great Southern (Southern) 2722.  It was sold as Locomotive Leasing Partners as LLPX 2003 in 1998 and was TCT 2003.

2008, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1969, #36010, FN 7240-10, as Southern 2762.  It was sold as LLPX 2008 in 1998 and leased as Virginia Southern RR 2008.  It was sold as TCT 2008 in 2009 and transferred as Columbia & Cowlitz RR 2008 in 2011.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

3/17/2017

St. Patrick Day

Memorial of Blessed Josep Mestre Escoda, martyred by Spanish communists in 1937

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Prayer purifies us, reading instructs us.  Both are good when both are possible.  Otherwise, prayer is better than reading.

--- St. Isidore of Seville