Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Union Pacific

 

Electro-Motive Passenger Diesels

M-10000 was built by Pullman in February 1934 with power by Electro-Motive, #508. It was a three car train which was considered a motor train since it was a single articulated unit, rather than a locomotive hauled train. It ran demonstrations in competition with the Budd built Burlington Zephyr and was named "City of Salina" on March 13, 1935/. It was later rebuilt in 1936 and retired on December 16, 1941.  It was sold for scrap to Aaron Ferer on February 13, 1942.

M-10001 was built by Pullman in September 1934 with power by Electro-Motive, #510.  It was a six car train but returned to Pullman in May 1935.  It was remodeled as 7 car train and named "City of Portland" in May 1035.  It was retired in June 1939 and rebuilt with a new body and numbered CD-07-C in December 1939.  It was retired on March 13, 1953, and scrapped at Omaha in July 1953.

M-10003A was built by Pullman in July 1936, #6484, with power by Electro-Motive, #528.  It was renumbered CD-07-A in June 1937 and retired on March 19, 1953.  It was scrapped at Omaha in July 1953.

 

M-10005A, "City of Denver", was built by Pullman in June 1936, #6484, with power by Electro-Motive, #522.  It was renumbered CD-05-A in June 1937 and retired on March 19, 1953.  It was scrapped at Omaha in July 1953.  I found it interesting that my photo was taken 2 days after Otto Perry's.

M-10006A, "City of Denver", was built by Pullman in June 1936, #6484, with power by Electro-Motive, #526.  It was renumbered CD-06-A in June 1937 and retired on March 19, 1953.  It was scrapped at Omaha in July 1953.

LA-1, E2A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1937, #741, FN E157-A1.  It was renumbered 921A in August 1946 and renumbered 984J in March 1948.  It was sold as Chicago & North Western 5003A in December 1948 and retired in 1952.  It was scrapped in 1953.

7-M-1-A, E6A, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1940, #1136, FN E333-A1.  It was renumbered 953-A in August 1946 and 992 in March 1948.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in May 1956.

8-M-1, E6A, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1940, #1138, FN E333-A3.  It was renumbered 955-A in August 1946 and 994 in March 1948.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in January 1956.

960A, E7A, was built in August 1946, #3505, FN E690-A2.  It was ordered as 10-M-2A, but built as 960A.  It was renumbered 999 in March 1948 and traded in to Electro-Motive in September 1961.

931A, E7A, was built in August 1946, #3508, FN E690-A5.  It was renumbered 990J in March 1948 and renumbered 990 in December 1948.  It was traded in to Electro-Motive in December 1963.

928, E8A, was built in July 1950, #10779, FN 2019-A3.  It was retired on July 31, 1980, and donated to Western Heritage Museum on July 10, 1981, without power.  It was allowed to be badly damaged.  It was sold to an individual in 2000 to save the cab.

930, E8A, was built on August 24, 1950, #10781, FN 2019-A5. It went to Chicago Rock Island & Pacific as 658 in August 1969 and then to Chrome Locomotive in March 1981. It was scrapped in May 1981.

937, E8A, was built on April 14, 1953, #17789, FN 2052-A7. It went to CRI&P as 660 in May 1969 and then to Chrome Locomotive in March 1981. It was scrapped in June 1981.

949, E9AM, was built in May 1955, #20486, FN 2070-A2, E9A.  It was retired in September 1972 and sold to Precision National Corp.  It was sold and rebuilt as Chicago & North Western 511 on May 22, 1973.  It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on March 19, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services in 1989.  It was sold to UP on September 11, 1990, and sent to VMV Enterprises in June 1992.  It was rebuilt as GP38-2 level and completed in April 1993.

951, E9A, was built in June 1955, #20488, FN 2070-A4.  It was retired in June 1980 and reinstated in February 1989.

952B, E9B, was built in May 1954, #19288, FN 2053-B3.  It was leased  as National Railway Passenger Corp 1456 in May 1971 and sold as Amtrak 426 in July 1972.  It was rebuilt at Paducah as 1918, power car and sold as Providence & Worcester 668 in April 1983.  It was renumbered 51.

954, E9A, was built in June 1955, #20491.  It was retired on July 31, 1980, and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in November 1980.

955, E9A, was built in June 1955, #20492.  It was leased as Amtrak 1428 in May 1972 and sold as 428 in November 1973.  It was retired in 1980 and sold to Precision National Corp in June 1981.  It was scrapped

957, E9A, was built in September 1955, #20494.  It was sold as Amtrak 430 in May 1972 and sold  to Alaska RR as 2401 in 1981 and sold to Wisconsin & Southern as 10A in 1991.

960, E9A, was built in October 1955, #20497.  It was retired on July 31, 1980, and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in November 1980.

967B, E9B, was built in September 1955, #20507, FN 2070-B1.  It was sold as Amtrak 467 in January 1972 and retired on June 16, 1974.  It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1975 as 1919, steam generator, and renumbered 671 in 1977.  It was sold as Michigan Northern 671 in May 1983.  It was donated to Illinois Railway Museum in 2000 and sold to Wisconsin & Southern in 2006.  It was restored for service as WSOR 102 in August 2008.

900, E9A, was built on May 15, 1956, #21261, FN 7527-A1. It became CRI&P 662 in June 1969. It was sold to Chrome Locomotive in March 1981 and scrapped in June 1981.

904, E9A, was built in January 1956, #21265, FN 7527-A5.  It was sold as Amtrak 411 in February 1972 and retired in 1980.  It was sold to Precision National Corp in June 1981 and scrapped.

905, E9A was built on January 28, 1956, #21266, FN 7527-A6. It became CRI&P 665 in June 1969. It was sold to Chrome Locomotive in March 1981 and scrapped in May 1981.

910B, E9B, was built in December 1962, #27696.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold to Chicago & North Western in September 1972.  It was rebuilt on July 20, 1973, as 502.  It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on March 11, 1983 and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

4/12/2017

Memorial of Saint David Uribe-Velasco, martyred by Mexican Masons in 1927

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

If you ate only one meal a week would you survive?  It is the same for your soul.  Nourish it with the Blessed Sacrament.

--- St. Andre Bessette