Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
Don's Rail Photos
Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Light Co.
Milwaukee Electric Ry. & Transport Co.
City Cars 1-99
1 thru 17 were built by Pullman in 1892 and 1893 as 263 thru 320. Many were lost in the 1892 Kinnickinnic Barn fire. Those remaining on the roster were renumbered in 1905. 1, 7, 11, 12 and 15 were sold to Chicago & Southern Traction in 1906. 2 and 8 were retired in 1907. 3, 4, and 6 were scrapped in 1909. 5 was rebuilt as a pump car in 1908 and scrapped in 1912. 9 was scrapped in 1911. 10 was rebuilt as line car A6 in 1908 and burned in 1910. 14 was built as a pump car in 1906 and scrapped in 1908. 16 was scrapped in 1912. 17 was rebuilt as line car A3 in 1909 and scrapped in 1911.
21 thru 32 were built by Pullman in 1895 as 339 thru 350. They were renumbered and went into Racine service in the early 1900s. 29 was replaced by one of the Jones cars. In 1912 they were modernized. In 1920 they were semi-permanently coupled in pairs with train doors between the cars. They became known as the Gold Dust Twins. They were retired between 1924 and 1926. 21 became a wrecker car in 1926 and scrapped in 1931. 22 and 23 became salt cars in 1925 and were renumbered 2 and 3 in 1931. They were scrapped in 1932. 24 was converted to salt car in 1926, renumbered 4 in 1931, and scrapped in 1932.
29 and 33 thru 40 were built by Jones in 1892 as 328 thru 338. They were renumbered and went into Racine service in the early 1900s. One of the cars replaced one of the Pullmans. They were given the same treatment as 21 thru 32. 37 was used as a money car in 1924, and then was rebuilt as salt car A46 in 1927. It was retired in March 1929. 40 became a salt car in 1924.
30 thru 34 were built by Osgood-Bradley in 1924 for the Morris County Traction Co. In 1928 they were purchased and arrived from New Jersey. They were rebuilt with TM archbar trucks and used in Racine. 32 was retired in December 1939, and the rest in December 1941 when the Racine lines were abandoned.
35 thru 40 were built by Wason in 1923 for the Milford & Uxbridge Ry. In 1928 they were purchased and arrived from Massachusetts. They were rebuilt with TM archbar trucks and used in Racine. 39 was retired in December 1939, and the rest in December 1941.
41 thru 44 were built at Cold Spring in 1912 and 45 thru 51 were built in 1913. They were built primarily for Racine and Kenosha. In 1921 they were rebuilt for one-man service. They were retired in 1931 except for 44, which was retired in 1930 to become a safety discussion room at National Station, and 47, which became the training car at Fond du Lac Station in 1930 and was retired in 1932. They were scrapped in 1931 and 1932. 51 was scrapped on October 4, 1932.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of St. Alberta of Agen
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal, money orders, checks, cash, coins, etc.