Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago Surface Lines

Chicago Transit Authority

South Chicago City Ry Cars 2841-2858

2841 was built by Jewett in 1903. #148, as South Chicago City Ry 321.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 826 in 1908 and renumbered 2841 in 1913.  It became CSL 2841 in 1914 and rebuilt as one man service in 1926.  It was later converted as a salt car.  It was renumbered AA93 in 1948 and retired on May 17, 1958.

2842 was built by Jewett in 1903, #148, as South Chicago City Ry 322.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 827 in 1908 and renumbered 2842 in 1913.  It became CSL 2842 in 1914  and rebuilt as one man service in 1926.  It was later converted as a salt car.  It was renumbered AA94 in 1948 and retired on August 17, 1951.

2843 was built by Jewett in 1903. #148,  as South Chicago City Ry 323.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 828 in 1908 and renumbered 2843 in 1913.  It became CSL 2843 in 1914 and later converted as a salt car.  It was renumbered AA95 in 1948. and retired on June 18, 1959.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1958 and donated to Illinois Railway Museum in 1973.

2844 was built by Jewett in 1903, #148, as South Chicago City Ry 324.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 829 in 1908 and renumbered 2844 in 1913.  It became CSL 2844 in 1914 and was later converted to service as a salt car. It was renumbered AA96 in 1948 and retired on December 27, 1955.

2845 was built by Jewett in 1903, #148, as South Chicago City Ry 325.  It became Calumet & South Chicago Ry 830 in 1908 and renumbered 2845 in 1913.  It became CSL 2845 in 1914 and rebuilt as one man service in 1926.  It was later converted to service as a salt car.  It was renumbered AA97 in 1948 and retired on Msy 17,1958.

2846 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 332.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 831 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2846 in 1913 and became CSL 2846 in 1914.  It was converted to work service and renumbered AA98 in 1948. It was retired on December 5, 1958.  It was sold to Electric Railway Historical Society in 1958 and donated to Illinois Railway Museum in 1973.

2847 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 333.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 832 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2847 in 1913 and became CSL 2847 in 1914.  It was converted as a salt car in 1943 and planned as AA99 but was scrapped on August 20, 1948.

2848 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 334. It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 833 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2848 in 1913 and became CSL 2848 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA100 in 1948.  It was retired on July 3, 1951.

2849 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 335. It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 834 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2849 in 1913 and became CSL 2849 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA101 in 1948.  It was retired on December 14, 1956.

2851 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 337. It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 836 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2851 in 1913 and became CSL 2851 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA102 in 1948.  It was retired on August 19, 1951.

2852 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 338.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 837 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2852 in 1913 and became CSL 2852 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA103 in 1948.  It was retired on February 17, 1954.

2853 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 339.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 838 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2853 in 1913 and became CSL 2853 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA104 in 1948.  It was retired on December 14, 1956.

2854 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 340.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 839 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2854 in 1913 and became CSL 2854 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA105 in 1948.  It was retired on February 17, 1954.

2855 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 341.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 841 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2855 in 1913 and became CSL 2855 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA106 in 1948.  It was retired on October 11, 1951.

2856 was built by South Chicago City Ry in 1907 as SCCRy 342.  It was rebuilt in 1907 and became C&SCRy 842 in 1908.  It was renumbered 2856 in 1913 and became CSL 2856 in 1914.  It was later converted as a salt car and renumbered AA107 in 1948.  It was retired on January 25, 1952.

2857 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #434, as C&SC 1, funeral car.  It was renumbered Y301 in 1913 and became CSL Y301 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as 2857, passenger car, on August 12, 1919, and scrapped in 1946.

2858 was built by Kuhlman Car Co in 1909, #434, as C&SC 2, funeral car.  It was renumbered Y302 in 1913 and became CSL Y302 in 1914.  It was rebuilt as 2858, passenger car, on November 6, 1919, and scrapped in 1946.

 

 

Roster info: Andre Krostopans

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

1/22/2016

Memorial of Blessed Giuseppe Nascimbeni

Choose Life.


Home Page

 

Don's Depot

 

For He became man that we might become divine; and He revealed Himself through a body that we might receive an idea of the invisible Father; and He endured insults from men that we might inherit incorruption.

- St. Athanasius of Alexandria