Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Denver & Rio Grande RR

Denver & Rio Grande Western RR

Narrow Gauge Steam Locomotives

 

In 1920, the D&RGW took over the D&RG from bankruptcy. The D&RG had been formed in 1908 as a consolidation of the original D&RG and the Rio Grande Western Ry. Other properties were acquired along the way and finally included the Denver & Salt Lake after WWII. Of course, in recent years we have seen the merger with SP and later UP.

This is a gallery of some of the narrow gauge steam locomotives, many of which are still operating today. We also have a page on standard gauge locomotives.

168, Class T-12, was built by Baldwin in April 1883, #6670, as D&RG 168, Class 47,  It became D&RGW 168, Class T-12, in 1924.  It was retired in July 1938, and it was put on permanent display at Colorado Springs on August 1, 1938.

169, Class T-12, was built by Baldwin in November 1883, #7028, as D&RG 169, Class 47.  It became D&RGW 169, Class T-12, in 1924 and it was rehabilitated for exhibition at the New York World Fair in 1939. On April 12, 1941, it was donated to the City of Alamosa for permanent display.

209, Class C-16, was built by Grant in 1881, #1371, as D&RG 209 "Home Stake", Class 60.  It became D&RGW 209, Class C-16, in 1924 and scrapped in February 1937.

223, Class C-16, was built by Grant in December 1881, #1436, as D&RG 223, Class 60.  It became D&RGW 223, Class C-16, in 1924 and given to City of Salt Lake City in December 1941.  It was moved to Utah Historical Society in 1979.

268, Class C-16, was built by Baldwin in February 1882. #6002, as D&RG 268, Class 60.  It became D&RGW 268, Class C-16, in 1924. In 1949 it was painted as Cripple Creek & Tin Cup RR 268 for the Chicago Railroad Fair. It was returned to the D&RGW in 1950 and donated to City of Gunnison in May 1955.

278, Class C-16, was built by Baldwin in March 1882, #6030, as D&RG 278, Class 60.  It became D&RGW 278, Class C-16, in 1924, as given to City of Montrose in 1953.  It was transferred to National Park Service in 1976.

315, Class C-18, was built by Baldwin in July 1895, #14352, as Florence & Cripple Creek 3 "Elkton".  It became Cripple Creek & Colorado Springs RR 3 in April 1915.  It was sold as D&RG 425, Class 72 and became D&RGW 315, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was donated to City of Durango in February 1950.

316, Class C-18, was built by Baldwin in 1897, #15246, as F&CCRR 11 "Strong".  It was sold as D&RG 426, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 316, Class C-18, as 1924.  It was scrapped in 1946.

317, Class C-18, was built by Baldwin in 1895, #14513, as F&CCRR 5 "Florence".  It was sold as D&RG 427, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 317, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was dismantled at Montrose on November 8, 1948.

318, Class C-18, was built by Baldwin in March 1896, #14769, as F&CCRR 8, "Goldfield".  It was sold as D&RG 428, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 318, Class C-18, in 1924.  It went to Colorado Railroad Museum in 1954.

319, Class C-18, was built by Baldwin in 1896, #14770, as F&CCRR 9, "Alta Vista".  It was sold as D&RG 429, Class 72, in 1917 and became D&RGW 319, Class C-18, in 1924.  It was wrecked on July 17, 1951, and scrapped on September 15, 1951.

340, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in 1881, #5571, as D&RG 400 "Green River", Class 70.  It became D&RGW 340, Class C-19, in 1924 and sold to Knott's Berry Farm as Ghost Town & Calico RR 40 on March 16, 1952.  It was later restored as D&RGW 340.

345, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in 1881, #5572, as D&RG 401 "Grand River", Class 70.  It was rebuilt as 803, Class 74, standard gauge, in 1889 and returned as 405, Class 74, in 1900.  It became D&RGW 345, Class C-19, in 1924 and wrecked for a movie on July 17, 1951.  It was scrapped on September 15, 1951.

346, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in July 1881, #5712, as D&RG 406 "Cumbres", Class 70.  It became D&RGW 346, Class C-19, in 1924 and sold to Montezuma Lumber Co 346 on May 19, 1947.  It was sold to Booker Junkyard in March 1948 and sold to the Narrow Gauge Motel in July 1950.  It went to Colorado Railroad Museum in June 1958 and was lettered as Golden City & San Juan 346 .

360, Class C-21, was built by Baldwin in 1900, #17872, as Crystal River RR 101.  It became D&RG 430, Class 93, in 1916 and became D&RGW 360, Class C-21, in 1924.  It was scrapped at Salida on August 7, 1950.

361, Class C-31, was built by Baldwin in 1900, #17717, as CRRR 102.  It became D&RG 431, Class 93, in 1916 and became D&RGW 361, Class C-21, in 1924.  It was scrapped at Pueblo on November 15, 1951.

453, Class K-27, was built by Baldwin in March 1903, #21824. It was scrapped in July 1954.

456, Class K-27, was built by Baldwin in March 1903, #21854. It was scrapped in February 1952.

459, Class K-27, was built by Baldwin in March 1903, #21936. It was sold to National of Mexico in January 1942 and rebuilt as 401 Class KR-04. In June 1949 it was rebuilt as standard gauge 2251, Class KR-7. It was scrapped in March 1957.

463, Class K-27, was built by Baldwin in March 1903, #21788. It was sold to Gene Autry in September 1955 and donated to City of Antonito in 1972.  It was sold as Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR 463 in 1994.

473, Class K-28, was built by Alco-Schenectady in September 1923, #64984.  It was sold as Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge RR 473, Class K-28, in 1981.

476, Class K-28, was built by Alco-Schenectady in September 1923, #64987.  It was sold as D&SNG 476, Class K-28, in 1981.

478, Class K-28, was built by Alco-Schenectady in September 1923, #64989.  It was sold as D&SNG 478, Class K-28, in 1981.

480, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in July 1925, #58558.  It was sold as D&SNG 480, Class K-36, in 1981.

481, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in July 1925, #58559.  It was sold as D&SNG 481, Class K-36, in 1981.

482, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in July 1925, #58541, It was sold as D&SNG 482, Class K-36, in 1981.

483, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in August 1925, #58584.  It was sold as C&TS 483, Class K-36, in July 1970.

484, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in August 1925, #58585. It was sold as C&TS 484, Class K-36, in July 1970.

486, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in August 1925, #58587.  It was retired in 1962 and donated to Royal Gorge Park in 1967.  It was sold as D&SNG 486, Class K-36, in August 2000.

487, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in August 1925, #58588.  It was sold as C&TS 487, Class K-36, in July 1970.

488, Class K-36, was built by Baldwin in August 1925, #58589.  It was sold as C&TS 488, Class K-36, in July 1970.

490, Class K-37, was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20695, as Denver & Rio Grande 1114, Class 190. a standard gauge 2-8-0.  It became D&RGW 1014, Class C-41, in 1924.  It was rebuilt in 1928 as 490, Class K-37.  It was retired in 1962 and scrapped in 1963.

492, Class K-37, was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20749, as D&RG 1121, Class 160, a standard gauge 2-8-0. It became D&RGW 1021, Class C-41, in 1924.  It was rebuilt in 1928, as 492, Class K-37, and was sold as C&TS 492, Class K-37, in July 1970.

494, Class K-37. was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20748, as D&RG 1120, Class 160, a standard gauge 2-8-0.  It became D&RGW 1020, Class C-41, in 1924.  It was rebuilt in 1928 as 494, Class K-37, and retired in 1962.  It was sold as C&TS 494, Class K-37, in 1970.

495, Class K-37, was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20522, as 1004, Class C-41. It was rebuilt in 1928.

497, Class K-37, was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20521, as D&RG 1103, Class 160. It became D&RGW 1003, Class C-41, in 1924. It was rebuilt in 1930 as 497, Class K-37, and was sold as C&TS 497, Class K-37, in March 1981.

499, Class K-37, was built by Baldwin in 1902, #20753, as 1025, Class C-41. It was rebuilt in 1930.

 

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/11/2016

3rd Sunday in Advent

Memorial of Blessed Arthur Bell, martyred by Anglicans in 1643

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

He who carries God in his heart bears heaven with him wherever he goes.

--St. Ignatius of Loyola