Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction ã Otwic 

Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR

 

Diesel Locomotives

1, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive on December 31, 1939, #983, FN E284-3, as Illinois Central 9016.  It was renumbered 602 in October 1953 and sold to Precision Engineeering Co in May 1969.  It was sold as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 4801 in February 1970 and sold to Chrome Locomotive Co in February 1981.  It was sold as NEIRCRR 1.

4, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1972, #4608-53, FN 4608-53, as Southern Pacific 2643, Class ES415-4.  It was sold to NEIRCRR 4.

5, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in August 1967, #33136, FN 7997-14, as SP 2476, Class ES415-1.  It was sold as NEIRCRR 5.

8, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1968, #33981, FN 7109-2, as SP 2494, Class ES415-2.  It was sold as Ohio Central RR 2494 and sold as Helm Leasing Co 1519.  It was sold as NEIRCRR 8.

9, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1971, #7367-8, FN 7367-8, as St Louis South-Western 2590, Class ES415C-4.  It was sold as OC 2590 and sold as HLCX 1520.  It was sold as NEIRCRR 9.

101, "City of Joliet", F40PH, Class B32-A, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #766062-2, FN 766062-2.

102, "Village of Mokena", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #766062-3, FN 766062-3.

104, "City of Chicago", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #766062-5, FN 766062-5.

106, "City of Lockport", F40PH, , Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1977, #766062-7, FN 766062-7.

114, "Village of Tinley Park", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1977, #766062-15, FN 766062-15.

115, "Village of Oak Lawn", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1977, #766062-16, FN 766062-16.

116, "Village of Orland Park", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1977, #766062-17, FN 766062-17.

117, "Village of Palos Park", F40PH, Class B-32A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1977, #766062-18, FN 766062-18.

156, "Village of Barrington", F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1983, #826017-7, FN 826017-7.

162, "Village of Villa Park", F40PH, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1983, #826017-13, FN 826017-13.

175, F40PH-2, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1989, #876017-2, FN 876017-2.

187, F40PHM-2. was built by Electro-Motive in November 1991, #896065-3, FN 896065-3.

192, F40PHM-2, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1992, #896065-8, FN 896065-8.

193, F40PHM-2, was built by Electro-Motive on February 24, 1992, #896065-9, FN 896065-9.

198, F40PHM-2, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1992, #896065-14, FN 8961065-14.

200, "Norman W Muelner", F40PHM-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1992, #896065-16, FN 896065-16.

215, F40PH-3, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1977, #777018-4, FN 777018-4, as Amtrak 258, F40PHR.  It was sold to Tennessee Central Railway Museum in 2004  and rebuilt as Metra 215, F40PH-3.

216, F40PH-3, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1918, #807050-15, FN 807050-15, as Amtrak 375, F40PHR.  It was sold to TCRM in 2004  and rebuilt as Metra 216, F40PH-3.

305, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8569, FN  E1188-A22, as Chicago & North Western 4082C.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 411 in December 1971.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back  C&NW.  It was renumbered 306 and sold to Northeast Illinois Regional Commuter RR as 306. It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by Illinois Railway Museum in 1983.  It was restored as C&NW 411 in September 2006.

308, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1949, #8571, FN E1188-30, as C&NW 4083C. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 414 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was renumbered 308 and sold to NEIRCRR as 308.   It was retired on September 18, 1983.  It was acquired by IRM in 1983.

(401), E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11491, FN 6095-A1, as C&NW 5021-A.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959,  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and assigned 401 but never applied.  It was retired on April 29, 1983.

(402), E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14662, FN 2034-A4, as C&NW 5024-B.  It was rebuilt with Cummins auxiliary power in September 1960 and sold to RTA on December 21, 1977.  It was assigned road numbered 402 but this number was never applied.  It was retired on March 11. 1983, and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

(403), E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in August `1952, #16901, FN 2043-A1, as C&NW 5025-A.  It was rebuilt with Cummins auxiliary power in February 1964  and sold to RTA on December 31, 1977.  It was assigned road number 403 but this number was never applied.  It was retired on March 11. 1983, and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

(406), E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18114, FN 2056-A2, as C&NW 5026-B.  It was rebuilt with Cummins auxiliary power in May 1960 and sold to RTA on December 31, 1977.  It was assigned it road number 406 but this number was never applied.  It was retired on May 17. 1983, and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

406, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8576, FN E1188-A35, as C&NW 4086A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 406 in December 1971. It was retired on December 31, 1977, and sold to Metra as 406. It was leased back for operation. It was retired by Metra on May 2, 1983, and sold to St. Louis & Chain of Rocks RR as 406 in May 1985.

407, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1949, #8548, FN E1188-A1, as C&NW 4072A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in September 1960 and renumbered 407 in December 1971. It was sold to Metra on December 31, 1977, and leased back to the C&NW. It was retired on May 9, 1983, and was sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in January 1985. It was resold to the Cedar Valley RR in May 1985 and later sold to Coe Rail as 407.  It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co in 2000 and sold to Norfolk Southern as SOU 407 in December 2012.

408, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6607, FN E1013-A10, as C&NW 4071C. It was rebuilt for suburban service in July 1960 and renumbered 408 in December 1971. It was sold to Metra on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 4, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in January 1985.

409, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1949, #8568, FN E1188-A21, as C&NW 4068-A.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 409 in December 1971.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to St. Louis & Chain of Rocks RR as 409 in May 1985.  It was sold to Minnesota Zephyr Limited as MZL 788.

410, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6600, FN E1013-A3, as C&NW 4068-A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 410 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired by Metra on May 2, 1983, and sold it to Rails Diversified Inc as 409 in March 1985. They sold it to Winchester & Western RR and they resold it to Maryland Midland RR as 100. It finally was sold to Short Line Enterprises as Fillmore & Western 100.

(411), E8Am,  was built by Electro-Motive on June 20, 1940, #1034, FN E293-A1, as Kansas City Southern 3, E3A. It was renumbered 23 in January 1942. It was wrecked and rebuilt in January 1952 as E8Am. It was painted white in 1969 and sold to the C&NW as 5031B in January 1970. It was delivered in April 1970. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and assigned 411, but it was not renumbered. It was retired March 23, 1983, and sold to the Smoky Hill Museum in March 1985.

(412), E8Am, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1942, #1432, FN E420-A2, as KCS 25, E6A,  It was rebuilt in June 1959, #25355, E8Am,  and sold to C&NW as 5032-A in January 1970.  It was delivered in May 1970.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and assigned 412, but it was not renumbered.  It was retired on October 8, 1981, and scrapped.

(413), E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1952, #14739, FN 6312-A4, as KCS 29.  It was sold to C&NW as 5033-A in January 1970 and delivered in May 1970.  It became RTA as 5033-A on December 31, 1977, and assigned as 413.  It was not renumbered and retired on October 8, 1981.  It was scrapped.

413, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8570, FN E1188-A23, as C&NW 4083C. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. It was resuld to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. Then it was sold to W&W and then to MDMD as 101. It was later sold to SLE as F&W 101.

416, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in October, 1949, #8558, FN E1188-A11, as C&NW 4077A. It was renumbered 416 in January 1972 and was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 4, 1983, and was sold to Naporano in January 1985. It was resold to Cedar Valley in May 1985 and later sold to Coe Rail as 416. It was scrapped in October 2010.

502, E8, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1962, #27696, FN 7629-B1, as Union Pacific 910B, E9B.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold to C&NW  in September 1972.  It was rebuilt on July 20, 1973, as 502.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on March 11, 1983 and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

503, E8, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1937, #743, FN E158-B2 as UP 984C, E2B.  It was rebuilt in March 1953, FN &503-B2 as 925B, E8B. It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold to C&NW in September 1972.  It was rebuilt on June 5, 1973, as 503.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on May 4, 1983 and sold for scrap to Naporano Iron & Metal in June 1985,

510, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18273, FN 2060-A4, as UP 942, E8A.  It was sold to Precision National Corp and sold to C&NW in September 1972.  It was rebuilt on April 3, 1973, as 510.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on March 19, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services in 1989.

511, E9A, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20486, as UP 949.  It was retired in September 1972 and sold to Precision National Corp.  It was sold and rebuilt as C&NW 511 on May 22, 1973.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on March 19, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services in 1989.  It was sold to UP on September 11, 1990, and sent to VMV Enterprises in June 1992.  It was rebuilt as GP38-2 level and completed in April 1993.

512, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1953, #18115 as C&NW 5027-B.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1960 and renumbered 512 on March 12, 1974.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on May 2, 1983,

516, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1953, #18119, as C&NW 5029-A.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1960 and renumbered 516 on June 22, 1974.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on November 3, 1989

,

517, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14661, as C&NW 5024-A. It was rebuilt with Cummins auxiliary power in 1964 and renumbered 517 on July 17, 1974. On December 31, 1977, it was sold to RTA who assigned it road number 419, but this number was never applied. It operated as RTA 517 until it was retired October 1, 1986. It was sold to National Railway Equipment Co. and scrapped.

520, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11494, as C&NW 5022B.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 520 on October 31, 1974.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on April 10, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services.  It was then sold as Waccamaw Coast Line RR 520.

521, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1951, #14659, FN 2034-A1, as C&NW 5023-4.  It was rebuilt with Cummins auxiliary power on July 8, 1960, and renumbered 521 on November 29, 1974.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on November 3, 1989.

522, E8A, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1950, #11492. as C&NW 5021-B.  It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 522 on December 30, 1974.  It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW.  It was retired on April 10, 1989, and sold to Kasten Railcar Services.  It was then sold as Wisconsin & Southern RR 801.  It was sold to Lake Shore Railway Association  as Lorain & West Virginia 101.

613, "Village of Round Lake", F40C, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1974, #73689-1, FN 73689-1, as Greater Lake County Mass Transit Authority 53.  It was transferred as RTA 613 in 1986 and retired in 2004.

 

Roster information: Erik Rasmussen

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/31/2017

All Hallow’s Eve

Memorial of Blessed Jesús Miquel Girbau, martyred by Spanish communists in 1936

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

Mary was the most perfect among the saints only because she was always perfectly united to the will of God.

--St. Alphonsus Liguori