Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago & North Western

 

4-4-0s

1, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1874.  It was rebuilt in October 1878 and scrapped on October 1906.

2 was built by Norris in 1849 as Galena & Chicago Union 2 "Chicago".  It was rebuilt as a tank locomotive in 1863 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1870.

3 was built by Norris in 1849 as G&CU 3 "Elgin"  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

3, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1893, #4376.  It was scrapped on March 23, 1927.

4 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU 4 "Illinois"  After the merger of 1864 it was named "Rescue" and rebuilt or scrapped about 1877.

4, Class B-2, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was sold to Baldwin Equipment & Supply Co in October 1906.

5 was built by Norris in 1849 as G&CU 5 "J B Turner".  It was rebuilt in 1854 and renamed "Union" in1864.  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1875.

6 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU 6 "Belvidere".  It was rebuilt as a tank locomotive in 1864 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1875.

6, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4379.  It was rebuilt in September 1926 and scrapped on April 29, 1935.

7 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU "Rockford".  It was named "Aid" in 1864. Soon afterwards it was rebuilt as a tank locomotive and was either scrapped or further rebuilt in 1874.

7, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4380.  It was scrapped on June 27, 1935.

8 was built by Schenectady in 1852, #13, as G&CU 8 "Marengo"  It was rebuilt in 1857 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1873.

8, Class T-1, was built by C&NW 1873.  It was scrapped on May 20, 1891.

9 was built by Norris in 1952 as G&CU 9 "Minnesota".  It was rebuilt in 1864 and renamed "Relief"  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1884.

10 was built by Norris in 1852 as G&CU 10 "Iowa"  It was rebuilt as 2-4-0 in 1865 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

10, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4381.  It was scrapped on February 23, 1929.

11 was built by Norris in 1852 as G&CU 11 "Kishwaukie".  It was rebuilt in 1862 and it was rebuilt or scrapped about 1876.

12, Class L-1, was built by Schenectady in 1852, #20, as G&CU 12 "Shawbeeney".  It was rebuilt in 1861 and rebuilt as Class L-1 in 1879.  It was scrapped in December 1899.

14 was built by Low in 1853, #112, as G&CU 14 "Ariele".  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

15 was built by Low in 1853, #111, as G&CU 15 "Cloud".  It was scapped about 1875.

15, Class B-2, was built by C&NW in 1875,  It was rebuilt in 1899 and scrapped on January 6, 1908.

17, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4382.  It was scrapped on October 13, 1928.

18, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was sold on February 3, 1908.

19, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1892.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in May 1902 and scrapped on November 16, 1926.

20, Class P-1, was built by C&NW in 1872,  It was scrapped on December 6, 1928.

22, Class P-1, was built by C&NW in 1873.  It was scrapped on March 20, 1899.

23, Class P-4, was built by C&NW in 1872.  It was scrapped on October 1, 1889.

24, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1880.  It was rebuilt as Class H-4 on April 30, 1898 and scrapped on December 9, 1904.

24, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2072, as 628.  It was transferred as Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley  97 in November 1897.  It was returned as C&NW 1297 in March 1903 and renumbered 24 in January 1905.  It was scrapped on June 9, 1926.

25, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped in March 1912.

26, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in July 1898 and scrapped on December 14, 1928.

27, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in February 1900 and scrapped on February 4, 1926.

29, Class A-29, was built by C&NW in 1878, as Class B-1.  It was rebuilt as Class A-29 on September 19, 1907, and scrapped on January 22, 1908.

30, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878.  It was scrapped on August 7, 1906.

31, Class C-1, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was scrapped in May 1898.

32, Class C-1, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was scrapped in March 1898.

34, Class U-1, was built by G&CU in 1854 as G&CU 34 "Thomas Dyer".  It was rebuilt in 1861 and rebuilt in 1880 as Class U-1.  It was scrapped in June 10, 1899.

35, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1877,  It was scrapped in May 1906.

36, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped in April 1913.

37, Class U-3, was built by C&NW in 1872.  It was sold on July 8, 1903.

38, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was sold on January 28, 1908.

42. Class C-4, was built in Schenectady in 1887, #2428.  It was scrapped in February 19, 1920.

44, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It became A-44 on September 9, 1907, and scrapped on November 15, 1907.

45, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was rebuilt as Class B-4 in October 1903 and sold on December 31, 1925.

50, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on April 14, 1906.

53, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in January 1898 and scrapped on October 28, 1926.

54, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2303.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 and scrapped on July 16, 1921.

55, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2088.  It became Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley 93 in October 1897 and became C&NW 1293 in May 1903.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in April 1923 and scrapped October 29, 1928.

56, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It became A-56 on November 28, 1910, and scrapped on April 29, 1911.

57, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2304.  It was scrapped on November 26, 1919.

61, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878,  It was scrapped August 12, 1907.

62, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878.  It was rebuilt as Class A-62 on September 30, 1907, and scrapped on February 4, 1908.

65, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2305.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in February 1923 and scrapped on February 6, 1929.

66, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It was scrapped on October 14, 1910.

67, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1880.  It became Winona & St Peter 5 on August 9, 1887, and became C&NW 893 on March 3, 1900.  It was sold on October 22, 1909.

67, Class C-4, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2425,  It was scrapped on October 14, 1921.

70, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It became A-70 in November 1910 and scrapped on February 20, 1911.

71, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It became W&StP 3 on October 1, 1888, and became C&NW 891 on June 28, 1901.  It was scrapped on November 2, 1921.

73, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1885, #2021.  It was sold on June 9, 1926.

76, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was scrapped on April 13, 1905.

91, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4383.  It was scrapped in February 12, 1929.

94, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was sold on December 31, 1910.

95, Class C-4, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2431.  It was scrapped on May 19, 1922.

97, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on April 22, 1909.

98, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2306.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 on March 30, 1917, and scrapped on September 30, 1927.

99, Class Q-1, was built by Rogers in 1866 as 99 "Illinois"  It was rebuilt as Class Q-1 in 1878 and scrapped on September 22, 1892.

100,  Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped on July 18, 1914.

101, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4384.  It was rebuilt on November 1926 and scrapped on July 11, 1931.

103, Class C-4. was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2429.  It was scrapped on October 29, 1921.

106, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt in 1899 as Class A-5 and scrapped on February 13, 1929.

108, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2089.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 on November 30, 1917, and scrapped on February 13, 1929,

109, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt in January 1901 as Class A-5 and sold on May10, 1925.

110, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2301.  It was scrapped on November 16, 1914.

113, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1885 as W&StP 29.  It became C&NW 1029 on August 25, 1900, and renumbered 113 on August 11, 1901.  It was sold as Macoupin County RR 1 in 1904 and scrapped on August 25, 1909.

114 "Dictator" was built by Hinkley in 1863.  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1881.

116 "Champion" was built by C&NW in 1863.  It was scrapped on May 16, 1890.

117, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It was rebuilt or scrapped in 1883.

119, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2090.  It was rebuilt as Class-5 on May 19, 1916.  It was scrapped on February 8, 1929.

120, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on March 6, 1911.

122, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped in April 1906.

123, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It was scrapped on October 28, 1910.

129, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on October 14, 1910.

130, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1881 as 400.  It was renumbered 130 on November 16, 1893, and rebuilt as Class A-5 in February 1999.  It was scrapped on February 1, 1927.

132, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in December 1898 and sold on February 6, 1926.

133, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882. It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in August 1903 and scrapped on December 21, 1926.

137 "Escanaba" Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864.  It was scrapped on September 24, 1890.

138 "Michigan", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864.  It was scrapped on May 24, 1890.

138, Class B-4, was built by C&NW in 1878 as W&StP 30.  It was rebuilt as Class A-1 on December 25, 1899, and became 1030 in December 1900.  It became 138 on August 10, 1901,  It was scrapped On June 29, 1913.

139 "Iron Cliff", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864.  It was scrapped in October 1898.

140 "Portage", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864,  It was scrapped on November 16, 1893.

141 "Delta", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864.  It was scrapped in October 1898.

142 "Koshkonong", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1864.  It was scrapped in October 1898.

143 "Kaukauna", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865.  It was scrapped in November 1889.

144 "Mississippi", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865,  It was sold as Sault Ste Marie & South-Western 6 on March 21, 1890.

145 "Maquoketa", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865.  It was scrapped on October 11, 1888.

146 "Sassacus", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865.  It was rebuilt or scrapped in 1879.

147 "Resolute", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865.  It was rebuilt or scrapped in 1885.

148 "Peshtego", Class N-1, was built by Hinkley in 1865.  It was scrapped in February 1890.

149 "Itasca", Class N-1, was built in Hinkley in 1865.  It was scrapped on October 3, 1888.

150 "Negaunee", Class N-1, was built in Hinkley in 1865.  It was scrapped on November 2, 1889.

151 "Jas R Young", Class H-3, was built by Manchester in 1864, #47.  It was rebuilt in 1877 and scrapped on October 5, 1895.

152 "H H Boody", Class H-3, was built by Manchester in 1864, #52.  It was rebuilt in 1878 and scrapped in June 1903.

153 "Appleton" was built by Norris is 1860.  It was rebuilt 1868 and scrapped on September 5, 1887.

153, Class C-4, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2427.  It was scrapped on January 18, 1923.

154 "Bartholomew", Class J-1, was built by C&NW in 1863.  It was rebuilt in 1881 and scrapped on October 14, 1899.

155 "Titan", Class J-1, was built by Danforth & Cooke in 1863.  It was rebuilt in 1881 and scrapped on October 14, 1899.

155, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2202.  It was transferred as FEMV 94 in November 1897 and became CNW 1294 in April 1903.  It was rebuilt to Class C-5 in April 1923. It was scrapped on February 16, 1929.

156 "Fury" was built by Rogers in 1863.  It was rebuilt or scrapped in 1883.

156, Class A-2, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It was scrapped on July 10, 1913.

157 "Ajax"was built by C&NW in 1863.  It was rebuilt or scrapped in 1883.

157, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was scrapped on January 3, 1908.

159 "Missouri" was built by C&NW in 1865.  It rebuilt or scrapped in 1879.

159, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was scrapped on January 16, 1908.

160 "Colorado", Class W-1, was built by C&NW 1866.  It was scrapped on August 16, 1891.

161, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was renumbered as A-161 in August 1907 and scrapped on January 3, 1908.

196, Class B, was built by Schenectady in April 1899, #5019.  It was scrapped on April 30, 1931.

211, Class B, was built by Schenectady in April 1899. #5024.  It was scrapped on March 3, 1930.

217, Class A, was built by Schenectady in January 1899, #4970.  It was scrapped July 10, 1931.

251, Class C-6, was built by Schenectady in 1893, #4078.  It was rebuilt in April 1900.  It was scrapped on May 1, 1928.

269, Class A-5, was built by C&NW in 1882 as Class A-1. It was rebuilt in June 1899 as Class A-5 and scrapped on April 30, 1928.

274, Class A-4,  was built by Baldwin in 1873, #3107.  It was sold as Winona & St Peter Ry 40 in 1882 and was renumbered in 1900.  It was preserved in 1905.

592, Class A, was built by Schenectady in October 1895, #4370. It was scrapped on July 11, 1931.

605, Class C-2, was built by Schenectady in 1885, #1959.  It was scrapped on March 5, 1917.

625, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in March 1886, #2065.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in March 1923 and scrapped on May 8, 1935.

645, Class Q-1, was built C&NW in 1867, as 95.  It was renumbered 645 on September 10, 1987, and scrapped on March 1898.

662, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in March 1887, #2261.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in August 1916 and scrapped on July 23, 1931.

905, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1898, #4690.  It was scrapped on December 24, 1928.

943, Class X-1. was built by Rhode Island in 1883, #1385, as Milwaukee Lake Shore & Western 43, Class K-1,  It became C&NW 943, Class X-1, in November 1893 and scrapped on May 29, 1911.

967, Class X-3, was built by Rhode Island in 1886, #1660, as MLS&W 69, Class O.  It became C&NW 969, Class X-3, in 1893 and scrapped on April 25, 1911.

971, Class Z-1, was built by Baldwin  in 1886 as MLS&W 71, Class N-1.  It became C&NW 971, Class Z-1, in 1893, and rebuilt as Class V-1 in November 1909.  It was scrapped on June 22, 1913.

980, Class X-3, was built by Rhode Island in 1887, #1748, as MLS&W 80, Class K-3.  It became C&NW 980, Class K-3, in October 1893 and scrapped on January 20, 1923.

1256, Class E-10, was built by Schenectady in April 1886, #2102, as Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley 56, Class E-1. It became C&NW 1256, Class E-10, in May 1903.  It was scrapped on May 8, 1923.

 

Thanks to Tom Wilson for roster information.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

5/20/2017

Memorial of Saint Anastasius of Brescia

<><

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

The stillness of prayer is the most essential condition for fruitful action.  Before all else, the disciple kneels down.

--St. Gianna Molla