Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Chicago & North Western

 

4-4-0s

1, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1874.  It was rebuilt in October 1878 and scrapped on October 1906.

2 was built by Norris in 1849 as Galena & Chicago Union 2 "Chicago".  It was rebuilt as a tank locomotive in 1863 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1870.

3 was built by Norris in 1849 as G&CU 3 "Elgin"  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

3, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1893, #4376.  It was scrapped on March 23, 1927.

4 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU 4 "Illinois"  After the merger of 1864 it was named "Rescue" and rebuilt or scrapped about 1877.

4, Class B-2, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was sold to Baldwin Equipment & Supply Co in October 1906.

5 was built by Norris in 1849 as G&CU 5 "J B Turner".  It was rebuilt in 1854 and renamed "Union" in1864.  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1875.

6 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU 6 "Belvidere".  It was rebuilt as a tank locomotive in 1864 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1875.

6, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4379.  It was rebuilt in September 1926 and scrapped on April 29, 1935.

7 was built by Norris in 1851 as G&CU "Rockford".  It was named "Aid" in 1864. Soon afterwards it was rebuilt as a tank locomotive and was either scrapped or further rebuilt in 1874.

7, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4380.  It was scrapped on June 27, 1935.

8 was built by Schenectady in 1852, #13, as G&CU 8 "Marengo"  It was rebuilt in 1857 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1873.

8, Class T-1, was built by C&NW 1873.  It was scrapped on May 20, 1891.

9 was built by Norris in 1952 as G&CU 9 "Minnesota".  It was rebuilt in 1864 and renamed "Relief"  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1884.

10 was built by Norris in 1852 as G&CU 10 "Iowa"  It was rebuilt as 2-4-0 in 1865 and rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

10, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4381.  It was scrapped on February 23, 1929.

11 was built by Norris in 1852 as G&CU 11 "Kishwaukie".  It was rebuilt in 1862 and it was rebuilt or scrapped about 1876.

12, Class L-1, was built by Schenectady in 1852, #20, as G&CU 12 "Shawbeeney".  It was rebuilt in 1861 and rebuilt as Class L-1 in 1879.  It was scrapped in December 1899.

14 was built by Low in 1853, #112, as G&CU 14 "Ariele".  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1874.

15 was built by Low in 1853, #111, as G&CU 15 "Cloud".  It was scapped about 1875.

15, Class B-2, was built by C&NW in 1875,  It was rebuilt in 1899 and scrapped on January 6, 1908.

17, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4382.  It was scrapped on October 13, 1928.

18, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was sold on February 3, 1908.

19, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1892.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in May 1902 and scrapped on November 16, 1926.

20, Class P-1, was built by C&NW in 1872,  It was scrapped on December 6, 1928.

22, Class P-1, was built by C&NW in 1873.  It was scrapped on March 20, 1899.

23, Class P-4, was built by C&NW in 1872.  It was scrapped on October 1, 1889.

24, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1880.  It was rebuilt as Class H-4 on April 30, 1898 and scrapped on December 9, 1904.

24, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2072, as 628.  It was transferred as Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley  97 in November 1897.  It was returned as C&NW 1297 in March 1903 and renumbered 24 in January 1905.  It was scrapped on June 9, 1926.

25, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped in March 1912.

26, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in July 1898 and scrapped on December 14, 1928.

27, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in February 1900 and scrapped on February 4, 1926.

29, Class A-29, was built by C&NW in 1878, as Class B-1.  It was rebuilt as Class A-29 on September 19, 1907, and scrapped on January 22, 1908.

30, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878.  It was scrapped on August 7, 1906.

31, Class C-1, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was scrapped in May 1898.

32, Class C-1, was built by C&NW in 1877.  It was scrapped in March 1898.

34, Class U-1, was built by G&CU in 1854 as G&CU 34 "Thomas Dyer".  It was rebuilt in 1861 and rebuilt in 1880 as Class U-1.  It was scrapped in June 10, 1899.

35, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1877,  It was scrapped in May 1906.

36, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped in April 1913.

37, Class U-3, was built by C&NW in 1872.  It was sold on July 8, 1903.

38, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was sold on January 28, 1908.

42. Class C-4, was built in Schenectady in 1887, #2428.  It was scrapped in February 19, 1920.

44, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It became A-44 on September 9, 1907, and scrapped on November 15, 1907.

45, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1879.  It was rebuilt as Class B-4 in October 1903 and sold on December 31, 1925.

50, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on April 14, 1906.

53, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in January 1898 and scrapped on October 28, 1926.

54, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2303.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 and scrapped on July 16, 1921.

55, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2088.  It became Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley 93 in October 1897 and became C&NW 1293 in May 1903.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in April 1923 and scrapped October 29, 1928.

56, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It became A-56 on November 28, 1910, and scrapped on April 29, 1911.

57, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2304.  It was scrapped on November 26, 1919.

61, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878,  It was scrapped August 12, 1907.

62, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1878.  It was rebuilt as Class A-62 on September 30, 1907, and scrapped on February 4, 1908.

65, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2305.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in February 1923 and scrapped on February 6, 1929.

66, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1883.  It was scrapped on October 14, 1910.

67, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1880.  It became Winona & St Peter 5 on August 9, 1887, and became C&NW 893 on March 3, 1900.  It was sold on October 22, 1909.

67, Class C-4, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2425,  It was scrapped on October 14, 1921.

70, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It became A-70 in November 1910 and scrapped on February 20, 1911.

71, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It became W&StP 3 on October 1, 1888, and became C&NW 891 on June 28, 1901.  It was scrapped on November 2, 1921.

73, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1885, #2021.  It was sold on June 9, 1926.

76, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1881.  It was scrapped on April 13, 1905.

91, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4383.  It was scrapped in February 12, 1929.

94, Class B-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was sold on December 31, 1910.

95, Class C-4, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2431.  It was scrapped on May 19, 1922.

97, Class H-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was scrapped on April 22, 1909.

98, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2306.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 on March 30, 1917, and scrapped on September 30, 1927.

99, Class Q-1, was built by Rogers in 1866 as 99 "Illinois"  It was rebuilt as Class Q-1 in 1878 and scrapped on September 22, 1892.

100,  Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1884.  It was scrapped on July 18, 1914.

101, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1895, #4384.  It was rebuilt on November 1926 and scrapped on July 11, 1931.

103, Class C-4. was built by Schenectady in 1887, #2429.  It was scrapped on October 29, 1921.

106, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt in 1899 as Class A-5 and scrapped on February 13, 1929.

108, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2089.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 on November 30, 1917, and scrapped on February 13, 1929,

109, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882.  It was rebuilt in January 1901 as Class A-5 and sold on May10, 1925.

110, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in 1886, #2301.  It was scrapped on November 16, 1914.

113, Class A-3, was built by C&NW in 1885 as W&StP 29.  It became C&NW 1029 on August 25, 1900, and renumbered 113 on August 11, 1901.  It was sold as Macoupin County RR 1 in 1904 and scrapped on August 25, 1909.

114 "Dictator" was built by Hinkley in 1863.  It was rebuilt or scrapped about 1881.

133, Class A-1, was built by C&NW in 1882. It was rebuilt as Class A-5 in August 1903 and scrapped on December 21, 1926.

196, Class B. was built by Schenectady in April 1899, #5019.  It was scrapped on April 30, 1931.

211, Class B, was built by Schenectady in April 1899. #5024.  It was scrapped on March 3, 1930.

217, Class A, was built by Schenectady in January 1899, #4970.  It was scrapped July 10, 1931.

251, Class C-6, was built by Schenectady in 1893, #4078.  It was rebuilt in April 1900.  It was scrapped on May 1, 1928.

269, Class A-5, was built by C&NW in 1882 as Class A-1. It was rebuilt in June 1899 as Class A-5 and scrapped on April 30, 1928.

274, Class A-4,  was built by Baldwin in 1873, #3107.  It was sold as Winona & St Peter Ry 40 in 1882 and was renumbered in 1900.  It was preserved in 1905.

592, Class A, was built by Schenectady in October 1895, #4370. It was scrapped on July 11, 1931.

625, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in March 1886, #2065.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in March 1923 and scrapped on May 8, 1935.

645, Class Q-1, was built C&NW in 1867, as 95.  It was renumbered 645 on September 10, 1987, and scrapped on March 1898.

662, Class C-3, was built by Schenectady in March 1887, #2261.  It was rebuilt as Class C-5 in August 1916 and scrapped on July 23, 1931.

905, Class A, was built by Schenectady in 1898, #4690.  It was scrapped on December 24, 1928.

943, Class X-1. was built by Rhode Island in 1883, #1385, as Milwaukee Lake Shore & Western 43, Class K-1,  It became C&NW 943, Class X-1, in November 1893 and scrapped on May 29, 1911.

967, Class X-3, was built by Rhode Island in 1886, #1660, as MLS&W 69, Class O.  It became C&NW 969, Class X-3, in 1893 and scrapped on April 25, 1911.

1256, Class E-10, was built by Schenectady in April 1886, #2102, as Fremont Elkhorn & Missouri Valley 56, Class E-1. It became C&NW 1256, Class E-10, in May 1903.  It was scrapped on May 8, 1923.

 

Thanks to Tom Wilson for roster information.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

2/28/2014

Memorial of Saint Auguste Chapdelaine

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

For the Son of God became man so that we might become God.

-- St. Athanasius, De incarnatione