Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction

California Short Lines and Industrial Railroads

Agrex, Inc.

This company took over Koppel Bulk Terminal and later was sold to Metropolitan Stevedore Co.

76, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1952, #75776, as Southern Pacific 1494, Class DS-114. It was renumbered 2128, Class BS412-3, in 1966 and was sold to Koppel Bulk Terminal Co as 2126 in 1974. It was renumbered 76 in 1976 and later became Agrex as 76. It later became Metropolitan Stevedore Co as 1 and later scrapped in November 1995.

530, SW1, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1942, #1679, FN E475-2, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 530. It was sold to Chrome Locomotive in February 1981. They sold it to Agrex as 530 in November 1981.


Alameda Belt Line RR

D-1, S1, was built by Alco in March 1942, #69878.  It was sold as Central California Traction Co 40 in 1963 and sold for parts to ST&E in 1976.

D-5, S2, was built by Alco in February 1944, #70158, as State Belt RR of California 22.  It became ABL D-5 on August 31, 1960, and renumbered 105.  Disposition in not known.


Alaska Lumber Co.

5 was built by Lima.  No further information has been found.


Almanor RR

Collins Pine Co.

106, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28340 as Almanor RR 106. It was sold as Big Creek & Telocaset RR 106 in 1955 and transferred as Valsetz Lumber Co 1 in 1959.  It became Boise Cascade Corp 1 and later became Valley & Siletz RR 8.  It was sold to Stimson Lumber Co in May 1985 and sold to Oregon Coast Scenic RR in 2009.

166, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1955, #32296.  It was rebuilt by General Electric in August 1964 and transferred as Almanor 166.  It is apparently a museum item after the line was closed.

POVA 103, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric on December 1956, #32679, as Lehigh Portland Cement Co 1.  The plant became LaFarge Cement Co 1.  It was donated to the local Lions Club and operated by Pend Oreille Valley as POVA 103 in 1998.  It was sold to Almanor but never relettered.  When Almanor abandoned, it was sold as Oregon Shortline LLC 70 in November 2011. 


Alton & Pacific RR

North of San Francisco, a quarter-century ago, at Alton, CA, there was a narrow gauge railroad which used a German steam locomotive "dooded up" like an American locomotive. It was a tourist road owned and operated by an individual who has apparently passed on. Harry Marnell has an excellent website describing the line.

They had a small Plymouth which was apparently used when steam was not available.


Amador Central RR

5 was built by Schenectady in May 1875, #981 as Central Pacific of California 189.  It became Southern Pacific 1554, Class DO, and renumbered 2023, Class T-57, in 1901.  It was sold as ACRR 5 on March 28, 1910.

7 was built by Baldwin in January 1901, #18595. as McCloud River RR 8.  It was sold as ACRR 7 in 1939 and donated to the Ione Chamber of Commerce in December 1960.

9 was built by Baldwin in January 1901, #18596, as McCRRy 9.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 9 in December 1939 and resold as Amador Central RR 9 in 1944.  It was sold to Nez Perce RR 9 in 1945 and sold to Richard Hinebaugh as Kettle Moraine RR 9 in January 1966.  It was donated to National Railroad Museum in January 2003.


American Bulk Loading Enterprises

500, S6, was built by Alco.

No number, S12, was built by Baldwin.


American Potash Co.

765, 80 Ton, was built by Generai Electric in April 1945, #27860, as  United States Navy 65-00297 as North Island Naval Air Station 26.  It was sold as Trona Ry 49 in 1964 and sold to Kerr-McGee Chemical Co 765 and resold as American Potash Co 765.  It was resold as American Grain & Cattle Co 765 and became PLB Grain 765.  It became MidWest Storage Co 765.


Arizona & California RR

We have a special page on this regional road.


Guy F. Atkinson Co.

1 was built by Plymouth.

1st 2 was built by Plymouth.

2nd 2 was built by Plymouth.

3rd 2 was built by Plymouth.

3 was built by Plymouth.

1st 4 was built by Plymouth, #6424.

2nd 4, 25 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1951, #31287.

2801, HH600, was built by Alco in January 1938, #69045, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 102.  It was sold to Exporting & Importing Co on August 29, 1949.  It was sold as Pine Flat Contractors 2801 and resold as GFACo 2801.  It was sold as Puget Sound & Baker River Ry 95 and became Scott Paper Co 3.  It was scrapped.

Unknown number, 25 Ton HLC2, was built by Plymouth in June 1928, #2922, for Guy F Atkinson Co.  It was sold to U S Bureau of Reclamation and sold as General Contruction Co 3.  It was sold as Union RR of Oregon 1 in 1940.  It was retired in 1989 and sold to Eldon C Stutsman Trucking Co in 1992.


J. H. Baxter Co.

This is an interstate wood preserving company.


Bay Point & Clayton

This little railroad served and was owned by Colwell Cement Co at Bay Point, California.

1 was an 0-6-0 and is shown here on a fantrip pulling a string of Sacramento Northern cars into the cement plant.

5 was a typical saddle tanker.


Berg Metals Co.

102, HLB2 25 Ton, Class S, was built by Plymouth in 1932, #3676, for Cleveland Southwestern Ry.  It was sold to Jefferson & Northwestern Ry and acquired by B Callahan Construction Co in 1941.  It was sold as Texas & New Orleans 2, Class S, in 1942 and transferred as Pacific Electric Ry 1646.  It was sold as BMCo 102.


Blake Brothers Co.

6 was built by Heisler in January 1917, #1351, as Bluestone Mining & Smelting Co 1.  It was sold as Mason Valley Mines Co 1 in 1929 and sold to J L Botsford , dealer, in 1939.  It was restored as BBCo 6 in 1944 and retired in 1959.  It was used for a railfan trip and painted as 1,  It was sold to Burt Randolph in October 1962.


Bruggers & Munson

This was a locomotive dealer.

1796, GP18, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1961, #26938, FN7610-6, as Chicago Rock Island & Pacific 1349, and went to Chrome Locomotive in February 1981. It was sold to Central California Traction Co as 1795 in May 1981 and was sold to B&Mon 1795 in April 2000.


California Northern RR

This is a RailAmerica line.


California Western Ry. & Navigation Co.

We have a page on this line.


Camino Cable & Northern RR

2 was built by September 17, 1884, #122, as Rumsey Lumber Co 2.  It became Hart & Horning 2 in 1897 and sold as El Dorado Lumber 2 in 1901.  It became C D Danaher Pine 2 in 1911 and R E Danaher Co 2 in 1915.  It became Michican-California Lomber Co 2 in 1917 and retired in 1952.  It was sold as CC&N 2 in 1968 and donated to Paul Bunyan Forest Camp in 1996.

15, 47 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1943, #27538, as Oahu Railway & Land Co 15.  It was sold CC&N 15 in 1947, and resold as Georgetown Loop RR 15 in 1986.  It was sold to Colorado Railroad Museum in 2004 and was lettered as Georgetown Breckenridge & Leadville RR 15.  It was leased as Cumbres & Toltec Scenic RR 15 in 2013.


Camino Placerville & Lake Tahoe RR

101, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1953. #31231.


Caspar South Fork & Eastern RR

Caspar Logging Co.

This little logging railroad operated from 1884 until 1948.

2 "Daisy" was built by Baldwin in 1885.

3 "Smilex" was built by Baldwin in 1894 and was rebuilt in 1926.  It was scrapped in 1956.

4 "Hercules" was built by Climax in January 1903, #449.  It was retired in 1948 and scrapped in 1956.

5 "Trojan" was built by Baldwin in 1910, #54875.  It was retired in 1948 and scrapped in 1958.

6 was built by Lima on November 16, 1918, #3017, as Moore Shipbuilding & Dock Co. with no number.  It was sold as CSF&E 6 on September 8, 1922, and scrapped in 1956.

7 "Samson" was built by Baldwin in 1924, #56893.  It was retired in 1948 and scrapped in 1958.


Castro Point Ry.

Niles Canyon Ry.

Pacific Locomotive Association

102, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1943, #17929, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 462, Class 460.  It was sold as E I duPont de Nemoirs Corp 2 on July 1, 1966, and sold as CPRy 102 in September 1970.  It was transferred to Niles Canyon and restored as AT&SF 462 in 1986.

298, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1945, #27861, as United States Navy 65-00298.  It was sold to PLA as Niles Canyon Ry 298.

309 was built by H K Porter in January 1914, #5247, as Steptoe Valley Mining & Smelting Co 3.  It became Nevada Consolidated Copper Co 309 in 1914 and sold as Kennecott Copper Co 309 in December 1942.  It was sold to Charles Heimerdinger in 1965 and transferred to PLA.  It was set up with a tender and lettered as Castro Point Ry 3 in 1980.  It was sold to Nevada Northern Ry museum in 2010.


Central California Traction Co.

We have a page on this former trolley line.


Clover Valley Lumber Co.

8 was built by Baldwin in November 1907, #32160, as Hobart Estates Co 8.  It was transferred as Hobart Southern RR 8 in March 1932 and sold as CVLCo 8 in August 1938.  It was sold as Feather River RR 8 in December 1956 and donated as Feather River Short Line RR 8 in March 1958.


Consolidated Rock Co.

1833, 45 Ton, was built by General Electric in November 1941, #13167, as Quartermaster Corps 4548. It was renumbered U S Army 7429 and sold to Conestoga Equipment Co. They sold it to CRCo as 1833 in 1955.


Davies-Johnson Lumber Co.

26 was built by Baldwin in 1908, #32646, as Ocean Shore RR 6. It was acquired by Sierra RR in 1920 as 26 and later sold to Davies-Johnson Lumber Co as 26. It was scrapped in May 1939.


Delta Bulk Terminal

1001, C636, was built by Alco in April 1968, #3499-13, as Penn Central 6342, Class AF-36a.  It became Consolidated Railroad Corp 6792, Class C-636, in April 1976 and sold as DBT 1001 in 1983.  It was sold as Delaware-Lackawanna 6793 in 2001 and renumbered 3642 in 2002.


Dolbeer & Carson Lumber Co.

5 was built by Heisler in November 1920, #1446, as Mount Tamalpais & Muir Woods Ry 9.  It was sold as Siskiyou Lumber Co 1 in 1924 and sold as D&CL 5 in 1929.  It was sold as Pacific Lumber Co 9 in 1951.


 Eureka Southern RR

30, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34754, FN 7154-3, as Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines 2007, Class EF-20.  It became Penn Central 2007, Class EF-20, and became Consolidated Railroad Corp 7667, Class GP-38.  It was sold as EUKA 30 in 1984 and sold to Dakota Minnesota & Eastern as 3800 "City of Owatonna" in 1993.

31, GP38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34755, FN 7154-5, as PRSL 2008, Class EF-20.  It became PC 2008, Class EF-20, and became Conrail 7668, Class GP-38.  It was sold as EUKA 31 in 1984 and sold to DM&E as 3801 "City of Midland" in 1993.

70, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18418, FN 5250-10, as Reading Co 618, Class RS-3.  It was sold as Central California Traction Co 70 in September 1975 and sold as EUKA 70 in 1984.  It became North Coast RR 70 in 1992 and became Northwestern Pacific 70 in 1996 but only stored.


Feather River RR

8 was built by Baldwin in November 1907, #32160, as Hobart Estates Co 8.  It was transferred as Hobart Southern RR 8 in March 1932 and sold as Clover Valley Lumber Co 8 in August 1938.  It was sold as FRRR 8 in December 1956 and donated as Feather River Short Line RR 8 in March 1958.


Feather River & Western RR

244, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80436, #31677, as United States Army B2122.  It later became United States Navy 65-00544 and sold as FR&W 244.  It was sold as Nevada Northern 244 and sold as Yreka Western RR 244.


Feather River Short Line RR

8 was built by Baldwin in November 1907, #32160, as Hobart Estates Co 8.  It was transferred as Hobart Southern RR 8 in March 1932 and sold as Clover Valley Lumber Co 8 in August 1938.  It was sold as Feather River RR 8 in December 1956 and donated as FRSL 8 in March 1958.


Fibreboard Corp.

1, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1947, #29071.  It was sold as Morrison-Knudsen Corp 84 and resold as Broderick Wood Products Corp no number.  It was sold as Koppers Corp no number in 1983.

2, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1948, #30025.  It was sold as Laramie Valley Cement Co 2 in 1968 and became Monolith Portland Cement Co 2.

159, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25342, FN 4427-1, as Pickering Lumber Co 103.  It became Fiberboard Corp 103 in 1965 and sold as USSC 159.


Fillmore & Western RR

Short Line Enterprises

51 was built by Baldwin in July 1906, #28665, as Great Western RR 51. It was sold to Boulder Scientific Co in September 1963 and leased as F&W as 51 in 1992.  It was returned to Colorado in 2003 and restored as GW 51.

100, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1949, #6600, FN E1013-A3, as Chicago & North Western 4068A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 410 in December 1971. It was sold to Regional Transportation Authority (Metra) on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired by RTA on May 2, 1983, and sold it to Rails Diversified Inc as 410 in March 1985. They sold it to Winchester & Western RR and they resold it to Maryland Midland RR as 100. It finally was sold to SLE as F&W 100.

101, F7A, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8570, FN E1188-A23, as C&NW 4083A. It was rebuilt for suburban service in 1959 and renumbered 413 in December 1971. It was sold to RTA on December 31, 1977, and leased back to C&NW. It was retired on May 2, 1983, and sold to Naporano Iron & Metal in 1985. It was resuld to Rails Diversified in March 1985 as 413. Then it was sold to W&W and then to MDMD as 101. It was later sold to SLE as F&W 101.

1059, S6, was built by Alco in July 1956, #81730, as Southern Pacific1059, Class DS-11.  It was renumbered 1226, Class AS409-3, in 1966, and sold as Ventura County Ry 9 in 1983.  It was sold as F&W 1059 in 2011.

3003, GP30, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1963, #28502, FN 7663-11, as Chesapeake & Ohio 3026, Class MRSE-30.  It was reclassified as Class GP-30 in 1964 and rebuilt later as Class GP-30M.  It was renumbered 4220 and then became CSX Transportation 4220, Class GP-30M.  It was sold to Ohio Central RR as 4220 and later sold to Arizona & California RR as 3003 in 1998.  It was sold as F&W 3003 and resold as Bountiful Grain & Craig Mountain RR 3003.

3502, GP35, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #30356, FN 7793-29, as Pennsylvania RR 2339, Class EF-22. It became Penn Central 2339, Class EF-22, in 1968 and Consolidated Railroad Corp 2339 in April 1976 and later AZCR as 3502 in 1995.  It was transferred as California Northern RR 3502 in 2001 and sold as SLE 3502 in 2003..

4009, RS32, was built by Alco in April 1962, #84034, as Southern Pacific 7309, Class DF-618.  It was renumbered 4009, Class AF420-1, in 1966 and retired in May 1977.  It was sold to Chrome Locomotive Co in May 1977 as 4009 and sold as F&W 4009 in 1988.


Foster Farms

No number, S4, was built by Alco in May 1951, #78777, as Western Pacific 563, Class S-57.  It was sold as Central California Traction Co 50 in October 1973 and returned to WP in 1976.  It was sold as FF with no number and resold to private owners.  It was given to Feather River Rail Society where it has been restored as WP 563.

No number, S6 was built by Alco in June 1955, #81301, as Southern Pacific 1051, Class DS-9.  It was renumbered 1218, Class AS409-1, in 1966, and sold as Foster Farms no number in 1980.

No number, S6, was built by Alco in July 1956, #81733, as SP 1062, Class DS-11.  It was renumbered 1229, Class AS409-3, in 1965 and sold to Bethlehem Steel Co 10.  It was sold to FF in 1986.


Fruit Growers Supply Co.

On one of the discussion lists recently, there was a reference to this company which was owned by the Sunkist people. Here is a photo of one of their locomotives.

3 was built by Climax in December 1912, #932, and was formerly Northern California Lumber Co. 3.

Tim Purdy has sent us the following additional history.

The Fruit Growers Supply Company No. 3 Climax was used at their operations at Hilt, Siskiyou County until about 1925, when it was just then used for switching cars at the mill. After the 1932 logging season Fruit Growers discontinued their railroad logging operations at Hilt and would eventually sell of their rolling stock. In 1930 the No. 3 appears in the Company records on te inventory of disposable equipment valued at $1,900 and later someone crossed out that figure and wrote junk. For years the No. 3 sat alongside an old freight shed, until 1954 it was donated to the Southern California Chapter of the Railway & Locomotive Society.


Ghost Town & Calico RR

Knott's Berry Farm

340, Class C-19, was built by Baldwin in 1881, #5571, as Denver & Rio Grande 400 "Green River", Class 70.  It became Denver & Rio Grande Western 340, Class C-19, in 1924 and sold to Knott's Berry Farm as GT&C 40 on March 16, 1952.  It was later restored as D&RGW 340.


A. L. Gilbert Co.

1209, S6, was built by Alco in May 1955, #81292, as Southern Pacific 1042, Class DS-9. It was renumbered 1209, Class AS409-1, in 1966, and transferred to Pacific Fruit Express as 1209 in March 1968. It later went to Gilbert.  It was scrapped in 2005.


Granite Construction Co.

1, UMD-B-20Ton, was built by Plymouth, #6580.


Grizzly Flats RR

2 "Emma Nevada" was built by Baldwin in April 1881, #5575, as Nevada Central RR 2 "Sidney Dillon".  It was sold to Hyman Michaels Co in 1938 and sold to Ward Kimball.  It was restored as GFRR 2.  It was moved to Orange Empire Railway Museum in 1990.


Harbor Belt Line RR

2033 was built by Baldwin in 1906, #28699, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2033, Class 2000.  It was leased as HBL 2033 and later returned as AT&SF 2033.  It was renumbered 9033, Class 9000, in 1945 and sold for scrap to The Purdy Co on October 19, 1948.

101, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1952, #16858, FN 5123-15, as Chicago & North Western 1589. It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4287 on September 16, 1980. In October 1993 it was sold to Omnitrax who rebuilt it as PHL 101. It later became HBL 101. It was sold to J&L Consulting Ltd as JLCX 101.

102, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18228, FN 5186-1, as Chicago & North Western 1650. It was rebuilt at Oelwein as 4296 on January 5, 1981. In October 1993 it was sold to Omnitrax who rebuilt it as PHL 102. It later became HBL 102.


Harbor Rail Services

3002, GP40, was built by Electro-Motive in September 1971, #37852, FN 7332-15, as Western Pacific 3541, Class RS-68. It was numbered 1976 for a short time.  It was assigned as Union Pacific 688, Class GP40, and retired on September 30, 1986. It was returned to Helm and in April 1987 it became Chicago Missouri & Western 3023. It became Gateway Western 3023 in January 1990. It was sold to Wilson in September 1990 and then to Wisconsin Central Ltd as 3023 in December 1990.  It was sold to Progress Rail Services and leased as HRSX 3002.


J. D. Heiskell & Co.

1886, RS3m, was built by Alco in July 1952, #80128, as Gulf Mobile & Ohio 1522.  It became Illinois Central Gulf 1522 in 1972 and sold to Texas & Northern  in 1979.  It was later rebuilt as 996 and sold as JDHX 1886.  It was scrapped in May 2014.

1886 (1607), GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1958, #24103, FN 5565-2, as Great Northern 729, Class GP-9.  It became Burlington Northern 1802, Class GP-9, in 1970 and became BNSF 1607, Class GP-9, in August 1999.  It was retired in November 2000 and sold to Coast Engine & Equipment Co.  It was sold to JDHX in March 2003 and numbered as 1886 on the cab, 1607 on the end.  It was scrapped in March 2009.


Hobart Estates Co.

Hobart Southern RR

8 was built by Baldwin in November 1907, #32160, as Hobart Estates Co 8.  It was transferred as Hobart Southern RR 8 in March 1932 and sold as Clover Valley Lumber Co 8 in August 1938.  It was sold as Feather River RR 8 in December 1956 and donated as Feather River Short Line RR 8 in March 1958.


Holmes Eureka Lumber Co.

4 was built by Climax Manufacturing Co in October 1922, #1621.  It was sold as Pacific Lumber Co 38 and to Burt Rudolph in 1956.


Kaiser Corporation

We have a full page on this conglomerate.


Koppel Bulk Terminal Co.

2, 45DE27B, was built by Whitcomb in September 1945, #60649, as United States Navy 65-00316. It became KBT as 2 in March 1967.

76, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1952, #75776, as Southern Pacific 1494, Class DS-114. It was renumbered 2128, Class BS412-3, in 1966 and was sold to Koppel Bulk Terminal Co as 2126 in 1974. It was renumbered 76 in 1976 and later became Agrex as 76. It later became Metropolitan Stevedore Co as 1 and later scrapped in November 1995.


Leslie Salt Co.

58.


Long-Bell Lumber Co.

We have an interstate company.


Los Angeles Junction RR

2563, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1950, #9579, FN 3020-A3, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 228L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne as 2563, Class 2417, on July 17, 1973, and retired on March 21, 1986.  It was sold as LAJ 2563 in March 1986.  It was sold to Larry's Truck Electric as LTEX 2563 on October 25, 2012.

2568, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8938, FN E1234-A19, as 226L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in June 1973 as 2568, Class 2417.  It was sold as LAJ 2568 in March 1986 and sold as LTEX 2568 on October 25, 2012.

2571, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1949, #7746, FN E1095-A1, as AT&SF 202L, Class 200, a F7A. It was retired on November 11, 1973, as was rebuilt at Cleburne in 2571, Class 2417, in May 1973. It was sold to LAJ as 2571.

2619, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1948, #7802, FN E1104-A4, as AT&SF 201C, Class 200, a F3A. It was rebuilt at Cleburne on May 31, 1972, as 2619, Class 2417. It was retired on June 26, 1987, and sold to National Railway Equipment in July 1987. It was sold to LAJ 2619 in October 1987.


McCloud River RR

8 was built by Baldwin in January 1901, #18595.  It was sold as Amador Central RR 7 in 1939 and donated to the Ione Chamber of Commerce in December 1960.

9 was built by Baldwin in January 1901, #18596.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 9 in December 1939 and resold as Amador Central RR 9 in 1944.  It was sold to Nez Perce RR 9 in 1945 and sold to Richard Hinebaugh as Kettle Moraine RR 9 in January 1966.  It was donated to National Railroad Museum in January 2003.

19 was built by Baldwin in April 1915, #42000, as Caddo & Choctaw RR 4 "R L Rowan".  It became Choctaw River Lumber Co 4 and sold in 1924 as United Mining & Smelting Co 2069.  It was resold again in 1924 as  MCRR 19. It was later sold to the Yreka Western as 19 in 1953 and in 1971 it became Oregon Pacific & Eastern 19. It was later returned to the YW in 1988.

29, DRS6-6-1500, was built by Baldwin in July 1950, #74812.  It was sold as Magma Arizona RR 10 in 1969 and donated to Arizona Railway Museum in July 1994.

35, DRS66-1500, was built by Baldwin in May 1949, #74261, as Southern Pacific 5207, Class DF-101.  It was sold as MCRR 35 and sold as United States Steel Corp 39.

36, SD38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34880, FN 7167-1.

37, SD38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34881, FN 7167-2.

38, SD38, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1969, #34882, FN 7167-3


McCormick & Baxter Creosoting Co.

2 was built by Plymouth.


Metropolitan Stevedore Co.

1, S12, was built by Baldwin in February 1951, #74865, as Pennsylvania RR 8984, Class BS-12.  It was renumbered 8124 in 1966 and sold to Chrome Crankshaft Co.  It was sold as MSCo 1 and scrapped in 1974.

2nd 1, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1952, #75776, as Southern Pacific 1494, Class DS-114. It was renumbered 2128, Class BS412-3, in 1966 and was sold to Koppel Bulk Terminal Co as 2126 in 1974. It was renumbered 76 in 1976 and later became Agrex Inc as 76. It later became MSCo as 1 and later scrapped in November 1995.

3rd 1, RSD12, was built by Alco in February 1961, #83838, as SP 7008, Class DF-127. It was renumbered 2958, Class AS618-1, in 1966 and was sold to Oregon California & Eastern as 2958 in 1976. That same year it was sold to Chrome Locomotive Co as 1001. It was then sold to MSCo as 1. It was retired in 1998 and donated to Orange Empire Railway Museum.

1st2, S12, was built by Baldwin in October 1953, #75922, as SP 1547, Class DS-118.  It was renumbered 2154, Class BS412-4, in 1966 and sold as MSCo 2 on August 9, 1974.  It was later sold as Wills Brothers 5683 and then became Johnston's Terminal Muskogee without number.  It later was sold as SMS Lines 303 in 1995.

2nd 2, RSD12, was built by Alco in February 1961, #83644, as SP 7004, Class DF-127.  It was renumbered 2954, Class AS618-1, in 1966 and was sold to OC&E as 2954 in 1976.  That same year it was sold to Chrome and was then sold to MSCo as 2.  It was retired in 1998 and donated to OERM.

0805, 3GS21B-DE, was built by National Railway Equipment in September 2008, #058-0154.

9504, SF30C, was built by General Electric in March 1973, #38881, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 8719, Class 8700, U36C.   It was rebuilt at Cleburne in October 1985 as 9504, Class 9500.  It was sold at MSCo as 9504 in January 1996.


Michigan-California Lumber Co.

El Dorado Lumber Co. was set up at Pino Grande in 1901.  After an economic downturn in 1907 shut down the operation, the company was sold in 1911 to become the CD Danaher Pine Co. Hands changed once again in 1915 to RE Danaher Co. and finally became the Michigan-California Lumber Co. in 1918.  By 1951, all the rail lines were torn up and scrapped.

1 was built by Lima on August 2, 1917, #2926, as Swayne Lumber Co 3.  It was wrecked on June 14, 1924, and rebuilt on March 17, 1928.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as M-CLCo 1 on January 7, 1942.  It was scrapped in 1951.

2 was built by September 17, 1884, #122, as Rumsey Lumber Co 2.  It became Hart & Horning 2 in 1897 and sold as El Dorado Lumber 2 in 1901.  It became C D Danaher Pine 2 in 1911 and R E Danaher Co 2 in 1915.  It became M-CLCo 2 in 1917 and retired in 1952.  It was sold as Camino Cable & Northern 2 in 1968 and donated to Paul Bunyan Forest Camp in 1996.

5 was built by Lima on June 5, 1903, #797, as El Dorado Lumber Co 5 "El Dorado".  It became C D Danaher Pine 5 in 1911 and R E Danaher Co 5 in 1915.  It became M-CLCo 5 in 1917 and scrapped in February 1953.

9 was built by Lima on March 8, 1913, #2662, as C D Danaher Pine Co 9.  It became R F Danaher Co 5 in 1915.  It was converted to oil burner in 1916. It became M-CLCo 9 in 1917 and scrapped in July 1951.

10 was built by Lima on April 17. 1914, #2756, as C D Danaher Pine Co 10.  It became R F Danaher Co 10 in 1915.  It became M-CLCo 10 in 1917 and converted to wood burner in 1940.  It was scrapped in 1950.


Minarets & Western Ry.

101 was built by Alco-Brooks in August 1920, #61850, as Portland Astoria & Pacific 101.  It was sold as M&W 101 in May 1922 and sold to Birmingham Rail & Locomotive in November 1935.  It was sold as Aberdeen & Rockfish 40 in December 1935.  It was retired in 1952 and sold as Valley RR of Connecticut 40 in 1977.

102 was built by Alco-Brooks in February 1923, #64144.  It was sold to Southern Pacific on January 2, 1935, and rebuilt as SP 3295, Class Mk-10, on April 11, 1935.  It was retired at Sacramento on January 20, 1953, and scrapped at Los Angeles on May 28, 1953.


Modesto & Empire Traction Co.

600, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in October 1947, #29093.  It was rebuilt in 1968 and retired in 2009.

603, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in January 1955, #32279, as Cherry River Boom & Lumber Co 2.  It was sold as M&ET 603 in 1968 and retired in 2009.  It was sold to Mobil Grain Ltd as Last Mountain Ry MGLX 603.

607, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in March 1952, #31284, as Oregon Pacific & Eastern 10.  It transferred as Georgia-Pacific Corp 10 in May 1965 and sold as M&ET 607 in 1978.  It was retired in 2009 and was sold in 2011 as MGLX 607.

613, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in May 1955, #32284, as Southern Pacific 5119, Class DS-505.  It was reclassified Class GS407-5 in 1966 and sold as White City Terminal & Utility Co 5119 in June 1975.  It was sold as MET 613 in 2005.  It was sold to Sterling Rail in 2010 and sold to Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in 2011.  It is to be restored as SP 5119.

1500, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1968, #33620, FN 7087-9, as St Louis South-Western 2489, Class ES415C-1.  It was sold as Vancouver Wharves Ltd 823 in 1996 and sold as Locomotive Specialists Inc 2489 in 2003.  It was sold as M&ET 1500 in November 2006.

1501, SW1500, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1968, #33622, FN 7087-11, as SSW 2491, Class ES415C-1.  It was sold as VW 821 in 1996 and sold at Modesto & Empire Traction Co 1501 in November 2006.


Modoc Northern RR

1011, B23-7, was built by General Electric in September 1978, #41983, as Alabama Great Southern (Southern) 3974.  It was sold as MNRR 1011 in 2005.

3647, SW1000, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1966, #31701, FN 7879-6, as Chicago Burlington & Quincy 9315.  It became Burlington Northern 579, Class SW-10, in 1970 and Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3647, Class SW1000, in April 1998.    It was sold to MNRR but never relettered.  It was sold to Titan Rail and resold to Larry's Truck Equipment in 2012.

7780, B30-7., was built by General Electric in March 1980, #42794, as St Louis South-Western 7780, Class GF430C-1.  It was relettered as Southern Pacific 7780 and planned as Union Pacific 7780, Class B30-7, but retired on January 29, 2001.  It was sold as MNRR 7780 in 2005 and returned as Utah Central Ry in December 2006


Moore Shipbuilding & Dock Co.

No Number was built by Lima on November 16, 1918, #3017.  It was sold as Caspar South Fork & Eastern 6 on September 8, 1922, and scrapped in 1956.


Mount Tamalpais & Muir Woods Ry.

9 was built by Heisler in November 1920, #1446.  It was sold as Siskiyou Lumber Co 1 in 1924 and sold as Dolbeer & Carson Lumber Co 5 in 1929.  It was sold as Pacific Lumber Co 9 in 1951.


Napa Valley RR

71, FPA4, was built by Montreal in February 1959, #83153, as Canadian National 6775, Class MPA-18b,  It later became Via Rail Canada 6775, Class MPA-18b, in March 1978, and sold as NVRR 71 in 1987.


North Coast RR

70, GP7, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1953, #18418, FN 5250-10, as Reading Co 618, Class RS-3.  It was sold as Central California Traction Co 70 in September 1975 and sold as Eureka Southern RR 70 in 1984.  It became NCR 70 in 1992 and became Northwestern Pacific 70 in 1996 but only stored.

3190, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1955, #19980, FN 5369-4, as Southern Pacific 5625, Class DF-606.  It was renumbered 3007, Class EF418-3, in 1966 and rebuilt on August 22, 1977, as 3190, Class EP418R-1.  It was retired in 1992 and sold as NCR 3190.   It became Northwestern Pacific 3190 in 1996.


North County Transit District

4002 was built by Siemens in 2006.


Oakland Terminal Ry.

101, DS4-4-1000, was built by Baldwin in June 1948, #73773.  It was retired in 1989 and sold to Pacific Locomotive Association in 1990.

102, S2, was built by Alco in November 1943, #70953.as Western Pacific 554, Class S-57.  It was sold as Tidewater Southern Ry 744 in 1969 and resold as OTRy 102 on February 25, 1970.  It was sold to Railway Equipment Leasing Co 1014.


Ocean Shore RR

We have a page on this line.


Pacific Harbor Line

This is an Anacostia line.


Pacific Lumber Co.

9 was built by Heisler in November 1920, #1446, as Mount Tamalpais & Muir Woods Ry 9.  It was sold as Siskiyou Lumber Co 1 in 1924 and sold as Dolbeer & Carson Lumber Co 5 in 1929.  It was sold as PLCo 9 in 1951.

26 was built by Lima on July 14, 1906, #1615.  It was scrapped in 1950.

29 was built by Baldwin in April 1910, #34484.  It was donated to Northern Counties Logging Interpretive Association in November 1985.

35 was built by Baldwin in October 1923, #57538.  It was sold to Edward and Julius Nervo in February 1966 and resold to Gunner Henriolle in January 1968.  It was sold to National Railway Historical Society, Promontory Chapter, in the 1970s.

38 was built by Climax Manufacturing Co in October 1922, #1621, as Holmes Eureka Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as PLCo 38 and to Burt Rudolph in 1956.

101, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1956, #32395.  It was retired in 1992 and purchased by Samuels on June 13, 1994.  It was never relettered and is a Oregon Pacific parts engine.

102, 80 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1956, #32413.  It was retired in 1992 and purchased by Samuels on June 13, 1994.  It was leased to Columbia Business Park on January 23, 1995, and sold as CBPX 102 on October 29, 1997.

104, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in April 1945, #71740, as United States Army V1800.  It became United States Navy 65-00256 and sold as PLCo 104.  It was sold to Keota-Washington Transportation Co in November 1981 and was apparently never relettered.

105, VO1000, was built by Baldwin in February 1945, #71985, as USN 5, Naval Supply Annex Stockton.  It was sold as PLCo 105 in 1964 and sold as KWT 105 in November 1981.  It was apparently never relettered.


Pacific States Steel Corp.

509, S1,was built by Alco in May 1942, #69690, as Western Pacific 509, Class S-50.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1967 and sold as PSSCorp 509.  It was sold to Railcar Maintentance.

511, S1, was built by Alco in June 1942, #69692, as WP 511, Class S-50.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1967 and sold as PSSCorp 511. It was sold as Corn Products Corp 511 and was sold as Yolo Shortline RR in November 1990.  It became Sierra Northern Ry 511 in November 2003.


Pacific Terminal Co.

2, DE50, was built by Porter in 1942, #7373, as United States Navy 65-00052.  It was sold as PTCo 2 and resold as Purdy Corp no number.


Parr Terminal RR

Richmond Pacific RR

PRT was incorporated in July 1950 as a terminal railroad to take over the private railroad of Parr-Richmond Industrial Corp.  In 1911, Terminal 1 was constructed as the primary port of the Port of Richmond.  In the 1930s the City of Richmond entered and agreement with the Parr Co to operate the terminal.  The terminal area was primarily used to unload oil crude from ship to storage tanks that supplied the local oil refineries.  It also was used to transfer ship cargo to rail cars.  The terminal was used as a ferry terminal prior to the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge.

During World War II the U S military created the Parr-Richmond Terminal Military Reservation.  The military reservation was created as the result of a lease of 6.54 acres dated April 19, 1943, at the Parr terminal area.  The location was used to support WWII efforts and as warehouse/storage for military shipping at the Port of San Francisco.

3, ML8/2, was built by Plymouth in June 1943, #4499, as United States Army 7618.  It was then sold as PTRR 3.

49, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1955, #20703, FN 4318-2, as Rockdale Sandow & Southern 9.  It became Port Comfort & Northern 4 and sold as Missouri Pacific 1262 in 1964.  It was sold as United States Navy 65-00637 and sold as RPRC 4449.  It was renumbered 49 in 2012.

68, SW1200, was built by Electro-Motive in February 1965, #29783, FN 4473-4, as MP 1268.  It became Terre Haute Brazil & Eastern 100 in June 1985 and later Chicago Rail Link 52.  It was later sold as PTRR 52 and renumbered 1268.  It was renumbered 68 in 2013.

424, GP15-1, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1979, #787249-8, as Consolidated Railroad Corp 1607, Class GP15-1.  It later became CSX Transportation 1531, Class GP15-1, and then to Locomotive Leasing Partners as LLPX 1505.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co as GMTX 424.  It was leased as GMTX 424 in 2011.


Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board

We have a full page on Caltrain.


Penny-Newman Grain Co.

50, SD9m, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1957, #23157, as New York Chicago & St Louis 342, Class ERS-17A.  It became Norfolk & Western 2342 in 1965 and renumbered 2942 in 1983.  It was rebuilt as Norfolk Southern 50 in September 1989 and sold as PNGCo 50 in 2008.

2001, GP20, was built by Electro-Motive in July 1960, #26045, as Union Pacific 700. It was renumbered 470 in 1963 and later sold to Precision National Corp in October 1977. It was rebuilt at Paducah in 1979 as South East Coal Co 2001. It was later sold to National Ry Equipment Co on March 30, 1991, and then to Arizona & California as 2001 in May 1991.  It was retired as NREX 2001 in 1997 and sold as PNGCo 2001 in 2001,


Petaluma & Santa Rosa Ry.

We have a page on this line.


Pickering Lumber Co.

West Side Flume & Lumber Co.

Hetch-Hetchy & Yosemite Valley Ry

West Side Lumber Co.

2 was built by Heisler in November 1899, #1038, as West Side Flume & Lumber Co 2.  It became Hetch-Hetchy & Yosemite Valley Ry 2 "William H Crocker" in August 1900 and became Pickering Lumber Co 2 in March 1925.  It became West Side Lumber Co 2 in July 1934 and returned as Pickering Lumber in March 1958.  It was donated to County of Tuolomne in 1960 and sold to Glen Bell in 1977.

103, SW900, was built by Electro-Motive in April 1959, #25342.  It became Fiberboard Corp 103 in 1965 and sold as United States Sugar Corp 159


Pine Flat Contractors

102, HH600, was built by Alco in January 1938, #69045, as Chicago & Eastern Illinois 102.  It was sold to Exporting & Importing Co on August 29, 1949.  It was sold as Pine Flat Contractors 2801 and resold as Guy F Atkinson Co 2801.  It was sold as Puget Sound & Baker River Ry 95 and became Scott Paper Co 3.  It was scrapped.


Purdy Corp.

No number, DE50, was built by Porter in 1942, #7373, as United States Navy 65-00052.  It was sold as Pacific Terminal Co 2 and resold as Purdy no number.


Quincy RR

504. S1, Class S-50, was built by Alco in April 1942, #69685, as Western Pacific 504, Class S=5-,  It was transferred as Sacramento Northern RR 504, Class S-50, in December 1967 and sold as Quincy RR 4 on May 17, 1973.  It went to Feather River Railway Museum in 2005.

1100, TR6A, was built by Electro-Motive in November 1950, 13549, as General Motors Corp 1100A. It was sold as Southern Pacific 4600. Class DF-300, in April 1951. It was reclassified Class DS-600 and renumbered 1100, Class ES408-1, in 1966.  It was sold to Sierra Pacific Corp as Quincy RR 1100.  In 2004 it was acquired by Feather River Railway Museum.


Burt Randolph

6 was built by Heisler in January 1917, #1351, as Bluestone Mining & Smelting Co 1.  It was sold as Mason Valley Mines Co 1 in 1929 and sold to J L Botsford , dealer, in 1939.  It was restored as Blake Brothers Co 6 in 1944 and retired in 1959.  It was used for a railfan trip and painted as 1,  It was sold to Randolph in October 1962.


Roaring Camp & Big Trees RR

This tourist narrow gauge railroad operates near Santa Cruz.

1 was built by Lima on October 15, 1912, #2593, as Alaculsy Lumber Co. 3 at Conasauga, TN. It was a standard gauge locomotive. In 1917 it became Tennga Lumber Co. 3 also at Conasauga, TN. In March 1919 it was sold to Southern Iron & Equipment Co. as #1466 at Atlanta, GA. On August 22, 1919, it was sold to W. M. Ritter Lumber Co.as Smoky Mountain RR 3 at Proctor, NC. It was later converted to 36" gauge and transferred to the Ritter property at McClure, VA. In 1938 it was sold to Coal Processing Corporation as 3 at Dixiana, VA. In 1960 it was sold to RC&BT as 1.

3 "Kahuku" was built by Baldwin in 1890, #10756, as Kahuku Plantation 1 "Keama".  It was sold to RC&BT as 3

40, 12 Ton DDT, was built by Plymouth in January 1958, #6086, as Kaiser Steel Co 1021. It later became RC&BT 40 in March 1978.

50, 30 Ton, was built by Davenport-Bessler.

Side door caboose.

Water car.

This flat car has seen better days.

The shop area looks interesting.


San Diego & Imperial Valley Ry.

This is a RailAmerica line.


San Francisco & Napa Valley RR

40, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in April 1942, #15121..  It became Sacramento Northern 141, Class S-26, in May 1946 and was rebuilt by General Electric in October 1956 as Springfield Terminal Ry 1.  It was sold as Claremont & Concord RR 1 and scrapped in 1997.

50, 44 Ton,  was built by General Electric in August 1943, #17928.  It became Southern Pacific MW206, Class DS-204, and transferred as Petaluma & Santa Rosa 3 in 1958,  It was transferred to SP  in 1964 and retired in 1965.  It was scrapped in 1970 at Associated Metals,


San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission

3103, F40PH-3C, was built by Motive Power Industries in December 1997, #0297-03.


San Joaquin Valley RR

This is a former Kyle Road.


Santa Cruz, Big Trees & Pacific RR

2641, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in December 1949, #8930, FN E1234-A11, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 222L, Class 200, an F7A.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne in March 1971 as 2641, Class 2417,, and retired.  It was sold as Santa Cruz Big Trees & Pacific RR 2641 in 1985.


Santa Cruz Portland Cement Co.

No number.


Santa Cruz RR

3 "Jupiter" was built by Baldwin in August 1876, #3672.  It was sold as Guatemala Central RR 3 in February 1885 and became Guatemala Ry 61 in 1904.  It became International Rys of Central America 84 in 1928 and sold to O Roy Chalk in April 1964 for use in a park in Washington, DC.  It was donated to Smithsonian Institution in November 1974.  The restoration is not too accurate.


Santa Fe Terminal Ry.

1 was built by Baldwin in January 1900, #17333.  It was transferred as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2419, Class 2419, in 1912 and renumbered 02419 on June 29, 1945.  It was renumbered 9419, Class 9419, on December 26, 1945, and rebuilt in 1948.  The tank was removed, tender added, phony stack, and a new name and number, "Little Buttercup" 5.  It showed up at the Chicago Railroad Fair


Santa Maria Valley RR

15 was built by Baldwin in 1907, #31418, as Tonopah & Tidewater RR 5.  It was sold as SMV 1 in 1913 and renumbered 15.  It was scrapped in 1933.

100 was built by Baldwin in June 1926, #59284, as Charles R. McCormick Lumber Co 4.  It was sold as Pope & Talbot Lumber Co 100 in June 1938 and sold as SMV 100 in 1942.  It was sold as White Mountain Scenic Ry 100 in 1962 and sold as Wasatch Mountain Ry 100 in 1976.  It was sold to Fred Kepner Estate in 1999.

1801, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1959, #25314, as  Chicago Milwaukee St Paul & Pacific 319, Class 17.5E-RS.  It was retired in December 1982 and sold as Iowa RR 319 in February 1983.  It was sold as Great Western RR 319 and resold as SMV 1801.


Shortline Enterprises

8 was built by Cooke Locomotive in February 1888, #1861, as Denver Texas & Fort Worth 9.  It became Fort Worth & Denver City 114 in 1890 and sold as Dardanelle & Russellville 8 in September 1907.  It was sold to Twentieth Century Fox for movies in 1944 and sold as SE 8 in February 1971.  It was operated as Virginia & Truckee RR 28 in 1975 and later stored as Nevada State Railroad Museum 8.


Sierra RR

Sierra Northern Ry.

We have a page on this line.


Siskiyou Lumber Co.

1 was built by Heisler in November 1920, #1446, as Mount Tamalpais & Muir Woods Ry 9.  It was sold as SLCo 1 in 1924 and sold as Dolbeer & Carson Lumber Co 5 in 1929.  It was sold as Pacific Lumber Co 9 in 1951.


Southern California Regional Rail Authority

We have a full page on Metrolink Commuter.


Southwestern Portland Cement Co.

We have a full page on this company.


Spreckles Sugar Co.

50, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1953 #31800, as Weirton Steel Corp 96.  It was sold as Spreckles Sugar  Co 50 and donated to Sacramento Valley Historical Rys.  It was leased as Yolo Shortline RR 50 and returned to SVHR in 2009.


State Belt RR of California

San Francisco Terminal RR

8 was built by Baldwin in July 1916, #43670.  It was sold as Yreka Western RR 8 in 1944.

21, S2, was built by Alco in July 1943, #70204.

22, S2, was built by Alco in February 1944, #70158.  It became Alameda Belt Line RR D-5 on August 31, 1960, and renumbered 105.  Disposition in not known.

25, S2, was built by Alco in July 1945, #73603.


Stockton Terminal & Eastern RR

We have a page on this line.


Swayne Lumber Co.

1 was built by Lima on August 2, 1917, #2926, as 3.  It was wrecked on June 14, 1924, and rebuilt on March 17, 1928.  It was renumbered 1 and sold as Michigan-California Lumber Co 1 on January 7, 1942.  It was scrapped in 1951.


Tidewater Southern Ry.

We have a page on this line.


Tonopah & Tidewater RR

1 was built by Baldwin in 1894, #14418, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 856.  It was renumbered 641 in 1898 and renumbered 260, Class 256, in 1900.  It was sold as T&T 1 on August 1, 1902.

5 was built by Baldwin in 1907, #31418.  It was sold as Santa Maria Valley RR 1 in 1913 and renumbered 15.  It was scrapped in 1933.

99 was built by St Louis Car Co in August 1928, #1484, Electro-Motive in December 1928, #349.  It was rebuilt in 1942 as Ferrocarril Sonora-Baja California 2501 and later rebuilt again.


Trona Ry.

49, 80 Ton, was built by Generai Electric in April 1945, #27860, as  United States Navy 65-00297 as North Island Naval Air Station 26.  It was sold as Trona Ry 49 in 1964 and sold to Kerr-McGee Chemical Co 765 and resold as American Potash Co 765.  It was resold as American Grain & Cattle Co 765 and became PLB Grain 765.  It became MidWest Storage Co 765.

50, DT6-6-2000, was built by Baldwin in April 1949, #74123.  It was sold as Peabody Coal Co 50 in August 1973.

51, DT6-6-2000, was built by Baldwin in April 1949, #74124.  It was sold as Peabody 51 in August 1973.

52, AS616, was built by Baldwin in March 1954, #75835.   It was sold as Johnston's Terminal Muskogee  52 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 552 in 1995.

53, AS616, was built by Baldwin in April 1951, #75139, as Southern Pacific 5249, Class DF-108.  It was sold as Trona 53 in November 1960 and sold as JTM 53 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 553 in 1995.

54, AS616 was built by Baldwin in June 1952, #75357, as Kaiser Steel Corp 1012B.  It was renumbered 1028 and sold as Rayonier Inc 14 in 1973.  It was resold as Trona 54 in 1986 and sold as JTM 54 in 1993.  It was sold as SMS Lines 554 in 1995.

3004, SD45-2, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1974, #74603-10, FN 74603-10, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 5714, Class 5705.  It was retired in August 1992 and sold to Helm Leasing Co.  It was leased as Trona 3004 in 1993 and returned as HLCX 6411 in 2004.

3007, SD40-2, was built by General Motors in February 1975, #A3155, FN C374-43, as Canadian Pacific 5710, Class DF-30m.  Sold as Trona 3007 in 2000 and sold to Helm Leasing Corp as HLCX 6255 and resold as Norfolk Southern 3507, Class SD40-2, on December 14, 2013.


Turlock Western Ry.

25, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1946, #28320, as Central California Traction Co 25.  It was sold as Stockton Terminal & Eastern 25 on April 2, 1971, and sold to Chemurgic Agric-Chemical Co as TW 25 in 1992.


Union Lumber Co.

12 was built by Baldwin in 1915, #41922.  It was sold as California Western Ry & Navigation Co 12 and scrapped in 1950.


United States Borax Corp.

70, SW1, was built in September 1941, #1380, as Great Northern 5103, Class SW-1. It was renumbered 77 in 1943 and became Burlington Northern 77, Class SW-1, in 1970. It transferred to Walla Walla Valley 77 and sold to Precision National Co on January 20, 1978. It was then sold to St Louis-San Francisco as 10 on March 10, 1979, and then became BN 70, Class SW-1, in December 1980. It was assigned as Burlington Northern Santa Fe 3300, Class SW-1, was sold to U S Borax Co as 70.


United States Gypsum Co.

1303, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1956, #32658.  It was sold as Georgetown Loop RR 130 in 1992 and lettered as Georgetown Breckenridge & Leadville RR 130.  It sold to Colorado Railroad Museum.

1403, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in July 1956, #32657.  It was sold as GLRR 140 in 1992 and lettered as GB&L 140.  It sold to CRM.


Ventura County Ry.

3, 50DE58b, was built by Whitcomb in October 1947, #60746, as Garden City Western 101.  It was sold as VC 3 in May 1962 and resold as Quick-Car Co 3.

1226, Class AS409-3, was built in July 1956, #81730, as 1059, Class DS-11.  It was renumbered 1226, Class AS409-3, in 1966, and sold as Ventura County Ry 9 in 1983.  It was sold as Fillmore & Western 1059 in 2011.

  It was renumbered 1226, Class AS409-3, in 1966, and sold as VC 9 in 1983.  It was sold as Fillmore & Western 1059 in 2011.

100, GP7u, was built by Electro-Motive in June 1952, #16379, FN 5145-13, as  Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 2735, Class 2650.  It was rebuilt at Cleburne on June 9, 1980, as 2169, Class 2050, and retired in January 1990.  It was sold as AT&L RR 2169 in January 1990 and sold to Railtex as VC 100.  It was renumbered for G&W as 1704 in April 2013.

1200, SW14 was built in July 1951, #14378, FN 4093-26, as Illinois Central 9455, SW9.  It was renumbered 455 in December 1959 and rebuilt as SW14 1412 in August 1978.  It was sold to a lessor as VC 1200.  It was returned to Andersons Inc as AEX 10009 in 2013.  It was sold to Railway Service Contractors as MJRX 10009 in August 2015.


Weed Lumber Co.

7 was built by Baldwin Locomotive in January 1920, #52851.  It became Long-Bell Lumber Co 7 in 1921.

8 was built by Baldwin Locomotive in June 1920, #53347.  It became L-BL 8 in 1921.


Yolo Shortline RR

50, 50 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1953 #31800, as Weirton Steel Corp 96.  It was sold as Spreckles Sugar  Co 50 and donated to Sacramento Valley Historical Rys.  It was leased as YSLR 50 and returned to SVHR in 2009.

132, GP9u, was built by Electro-Motive in October 1957, #24078, as St Louis South-Western 823, Class Z-17.5.  It was renumbered 3644, Class ES418C-1, in 1977, and rebuilt as 3813, Class ES418S-3, in 1976.  It was sold as YSLR 132 and became Sierra Northern Ry 132 in 2003.

133, GP9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1956, #21420, FN 5437-8, as Texas & New Orleans 436, Class DF-607.  It was renumbered Southern Pacific 3558, Class EF418-6, in 1966 and rebuilt on May 9,1972, as 3350, Class EF418E-2.  It was sold as YSLR 133 and became SNR 133.  It was rebuilt by Railpower as 133, RP20BD in 2014. 

511, S1, was built by Alco in June 1942, #69692, as Western Pacific 511, Class S-50.  It was traded in to General Electric in December 1967 and sold as Pacific States Steel Corp 511. It was sold as Corn Products Corp 511 and was sold as YSLR in November 1990.  It became SNR 511 in November 2003.


Yosemite Valley RR

21 was built at Springfield in 1881. as Wabash RR 129, Class D-22.  It was renumbered 1129 in 1885 and renumbered 129 in 1887.  It was sold as YVRR 21 in 1906.

16.


Yreka Western RR

The Yreka RR was opened in 1889 between Montague and Yreka. It was later reorganized as the YW.

8 was built by Baldwin in July 1916, #43670, as State Belt RR of California 8.  It was sold as YW 8 in 1944.

9 was built by Baldwin in January 1901, #18596, as McCloud River RR 9.  It was sold as  YW 9 in December 1939 and resold as Amador Central RR 9 in 1944.  It was sold to Nez Perce RR 9 in 1945 and sold to Richard Hinebaugh as Kettle Moraine RR 9 in January 1966.  It was donated to National Railroad Museum in January 2003.

19 was built by Baldwin in April 1915, #42000, as Caddo & Choctaw RR 4 "R L Rowan".  It became Choctaw River Lumber Co 4 and sold in 1924 as United Mining & Smelting Co 2069.  It was resold again in 1924 as  McCR 19. It was later sold to the YW as 19 in 1953 and in 1971 it became Oregon Pacific & Eastern 19. It was later returned to the YW in 1988.

20, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17335, FN 4180-5, as Southern Pacific 4608, Class DF-302.  It was reclassified Class DS-602 and renumbered 1113, Class ES408-2, in 1966.  It was sold as YW 20 and scrapped in 2011.

21, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive in March 1953, #17337, FN 4180-7, as SP 4610, Class DF-302.  It was reclassified Class DS-602 and renumbered 1115, Class ES408-2, in 1966.  It was sold as YW 21.

244, MRS1, was built by Alco and General Electric in 1953, #80436, #31677, as United States Army B2122.  It later became United States Navy 65-00544 and sold as Feather River & Western 244.  It was sold as Nevada Northern 244 and sold as YW 244.

LMLX 439, SD9, was built by Electro-Motive in May 1955, #20214, FN 5365-50, as Southern Pacific 5436, Class DF-122.  It was renumbered 3914, Class EF618-3, in 1965 and rebuilt as 4439, Class EF618-1.  It was sold to Rail Link as 439 and leased as Tacoma Eastern Ry 439 in 1995.  It was sold as Livingston Mountain Locomotive Works as LMLX 439 in 1998 and leased to Portland & Western RR.  It was leased to Lewis & Clark Ry and leased to YW as LMLX 439.  It was sold to Western Rail Inc as WRIX 439.

602, SW8, was built by Electro-Motive on June 1952, #17230, FN 6443-2, as Bamberger RR 602.  It was sold as YW 602 in 1958 and transferred as Oregon Pacific & Eastern 602 in 1978.  It was sold to Oregon Pacific RR 602 in 1994 but never relettered.  It was sold as WRIX 602 in July 2010.

68 "Santa Rosa" was built by Pullman in 1917 as El Paso & Southwestern 500.  It became Southern Pacific 128 "Santa Rosa" in 1924 and rebuilt in 1937.  It was sold as YW 68 on March 18, 1968, and was transferred as Kyle Ry 13 in May 1993.  It was sold to an individual in 2004 and moved to Port of Redwood City.  It was repainted as Pullman and renumbered RPCX 415, "Niles".  It was sold to Oregon Pacific RR as 128 "Santa Rosa" in 2011.

2445-2446, was built by Pullman Standard Co, as Texas & New Orleans 504-505.  It was transferred as SP 2445-2446 and sold as YW 2445-2446.  It was resold as Grand Traverse Train 300A-300B, and resold as Central States Rail Association Inc as CESX 300A-300B. in February 2011.


Zacky Farms

2631, CF7, was built by Electro-Motive in January 1949, #6622, as Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 34C, Class 16, an F3. It was renumbered 313C, Class 300, on May 4, 1971, and rebuilt at Cleburne on December 13, 1971, as 2631, Class 2417. On April 7, 1986, it was sold to EconoRail who then sold or leased it to Zacky.

 

Roster information: J R Leal, Chuck Zieler

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

10/24/2017

Memorial of Saint Anthony Mary Claret

<><

Choose Life.


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

The soul hungers for God, and nothing but God can satiate it.  Therefore He came to dwell on earth and assumed a Body in order that this Body might become the Food of our souls.

--St. John Vianney

 

Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.