Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We are free of advertising on this site but there are costs in internet services.  If you enjoy this site, we do need support.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Under Construction Otwic 

Chicago & North Western

Alco S-2, S-4 Diesel Switchers

69, S2, was built in May 1948, #75889, as Chicago St Paul Minneapolis & Omaha 69. Later C&NW 69 in 1957 was scrapped in 1964.

90, S2, was built October, 1940, #69216, as CStPM&O 90. Later C&NW 90 in 1957 and traded in to Electro-Motive in January, 1969.

92, S2, was built in August 1941, #69531, as Minneapolis & St Louis D-741. It was renumbered 102 in March 1956 and 92 in 1968.  It became C&NW 92 in 1960.  It was retired in 1969 and disposition is unknown.

1005, S2, was built in January 1944, #69913.  It was rebuilt as slug BU-9 on December 30, 1964, and retired on May 1, 1980.  It was sold as Kansas City Southern 4080 and renumbered 402 in 2007.  It was sold to General American Transportation Co in February 2013 and rebuilt as GMTX 5001.

1009, S2, was built in January 1944, #69917.  It was retired in 1970 and disposition is unknown.

1010, S2, was built in February 1947, #73925, as Chicago Great Western 8, Class D-3.  It later became C&NW 1010 on July 1, 1968, and renumbered 1090 in December 1971.  It was retired on June 14, 1974, and scrapped in 1974.

1014, S2, was built in May 1947, #74984, as CGW 9, Class D-3. It later became C&NW 1014 on July 1, 1968. It was retired on March 25, 1970. In April 1970 it was sold to Wilson Ry. Corp. who resold it to Cargill, Inc. at Hill. MN.

1015, S2, was built in June 1947, #75239, as CGW 10, Class D-3.  It became C&NW 1015 on July 1, 1968, and renumbered 1085 in December 1971.  It was renumbered 1094 in May 1973 and retired on May 21, 1975.  It was sold as Nekoosa Paper Co 17 and sold to Railway Equipment Co as 1061 in 1981.  It was leased to Keokuk Junction RR as RE1061,

1025, S2, was built in May 1944, #72045. It was retired in 1963.

1027, S2, was built in May 1944, #72047. It was retired in June 1969 and traded in by Electro-Motive in January 1969.

1084, S2, was built in April 1950, #77496. It was retired in September 1971 and sold by Precision Engineering Co.

1091, S2, was built in May 1950, #77515.  It was retired on June 4, 1975, and disposition is unknown.

1095, S4, was built in August 1951, #78830. It was retired in June 10, 1972, and sold to Electro-Motive.

1098, S4, was built in August 1951, #78833.  It was rebuilt with Blunt trucks and retired on June 9, 1975.  Disposition is unknown.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

12/6/2016

Memorial of Saint Dionysia the Martyr

Choose Life


Home Page

Don's Depot

 

 

To use this life well is the pathway through death to everlasting life.

St. John Almond