Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc.  You can find it at Ebay as  trinitydon .

This site is non-profit and non-commercial.  We would appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.

 

Don's Rail Photos

Fort Dodge Des Moines & Southern RR

Freight and Non-Revenue Equipment

 

22 appears to be a former C&NW plow rebuilt from a tender.

84 was built by Niles in 1907 as a freight motor. It was rebuilt as a line car in the early 1920s and retired in 1956.

99 was built at Boone in 1907.

2nd 107 was built by Baldwin on July 9, 1909, #33571, and completed by Westinghouse on July 27, 1909, as 103. It was rebuilt to 1200 volt in 1911 and renumbered 107. It was scrapped in 1954.

2nd 109 was built by Baldwin on July 9, 1909, #33572, and completed by Westinghouse on July 27, 1909, as 105. It was rebuilt to 1200 volt in 1911 and renumbered 109. It was scrapped in 1954.

113 was built in June 1911 by Alco, #49851, and General Electric, #3445.

115 was built in October 1911 by Alco, #50195, and General Electric, #3472.

117 was built in February 1912 by Alco, #50491, and General Electric, #3802. It was scrapped in 1956.

119 was built in February 1912 by Alco, #50492, and General Electric #3803. It was scrapped in 1956.

201 was built in February 1912 by Alco, #51073, and General Electric, #3812. It was scrapped in 1954.

203 was built in February 1912 by Alco, #51074, and General Electric, #3813. It was scrapped in 1956.

205 was built by General Electric in June 1915, #5049. It was scrapped in 1956.

207 was built by General Electric in June 1915, #5050. It was scrapped in 1956.

208 was built by McGuire-Cummings in 1914 as Waterloo Cedar Falls & Northern 180. In 1922 it became Iowa Transfer Ry 1 and in August 1950 it became FDDM&S 208. It was scrapped in 1956.

209 was built by General Electric in December 1929, #11037. It was scrapped in 1956.

360 was built by Spokane Portland & Seattle in March 1942 as Oregon Electric Ry 60. It was purchased in 1947 and scrapped in 1957.

361 was built by SP&S in June 1942 as OERy 61. It was purchased in 1947 and scrapped in 1957.

362 was built by SP&S in January 1944 as OERy 62. It was purchased in 1947 and scrapped in 1957.

401, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1953, #32207. It was sold to Industrial Railway Equipment Co (Andrew Merilee) in April 1970 and then to the Santa Maria Valley RR for parts in September 1972.

402, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in February 1954, #32134. It was sold to IRECo (Andrew Merilee) in 1969 and then to Hudson Bay Mining & Smelting Co as 8 in December 1969.

403, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1955, #32282.  It was sold as IRECo 403 in 1969.

405, 70 Ton, was built by General Electric in September 1955, #32303. It was sold to IRECo (Andrew Merilee) in 1969 and then to HBM&SCo as 9 in December 1969.

501, PE 70 Ton, by Plymouth in September 1936, #3865, as Joplin-Pittsburg RR 2003.  It was sold as FDDM&S 501 in October 1954 and resold to Sonken & Galamba Co in December 1956.  It was sold as Kansas City Public Service Freight Operation 1 in July 1957 and retired in 1964.  It was preserved as J-PRR 2003 by Museum of Transportation.

502, 44 Ton, was built by General Electric in December 1941, #15029, as New York Ontario & Western 102, Class D.  It was sold as Mississippi Export RR 47 and resold as Fernwood Columbia & Gulf D6.  It was sold as FDDM&S 502 and sold to IRECo in 1969..

"FtDDM&S 2254", 60 Ton, was built by General Electric in June 1943, #17903, as United States Air Force 7858.  It was sold as Boone & Scenic Valley RR 2254 and repainted as "Fort Dodges Des Moines & Southern" 2254.

098 was the only caboose with a cupola.

16000 was typical of interchange railroad equipment.

 

WebWork by rinity echnology Co.

AMDG

9/6/2016

Memorial of Saint Arator of Verdun

Choose Life


Home Page

 

Don's Depot

 

Thou hast made us for Thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee.

---St. Augustine