Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We are free of advertising on
this site but there are costs in internet services. If you enjoy this
site, we do need support. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Jamestown Westfield & Northwestern Ry.
The JW&NW started as a steam road, the Jamestown Chautauqua & Lake Erie, which ran between Jamestown, NY, and Westfield. The JC&LE was controlled by the Buffalo & Lake Erie Traction and was in bankruptcy. It was acquired by the people who owned the Jamestown Street Ry. in 1913 and electrified the next year. In addition to passenger service, the line had a significant freight and mail business. Passenger service ended in 1947 at which time freight service was dieselized under the Murray Salzberg group. All operations ended in 1950.
300 was built by Detroit United Railways in 1920 as 2008. It was sold as JW&NW 300 in 1934.
301 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1855. Changes as seating was done several times included in February 1928, 1939, and 1941.
302 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1855. It was remodeled in 1928 and in 1939.
303 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1855. It was rebuilt in 1933 as a combination car.
304 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1855. It was wrecked on August 26, 1944, and scrapped.
306 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1855. As an express motor, it was equipped as a snow plow car.
307 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914. As an express motor, it was equipped with a line platform.
308 was built by Cincinnati Car Co in 1914, #1880.
310 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1916. It was retired in 1931 and rebuilt as portable Station C.
312 was built by St Louis Car Co in 1916.
400 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in February 1915, #41894.
500 was built by JW&NW in 1927.
WebWork by rinity
Memorial of The Seven Holy Founders
Great love can change small things into great ones, and it is only love which lends value to our actions.
--St. Faustina Kowalska