Now I offer photos, slides, magazines, railroadiana, etc. You can find it at Ebay as trinitydon .
This site is non-profit and non-commercial. We would
appreciate any donations and can accept PayPal.
Don's Rail Photos
Grand River Ry.
226 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1921. It was rebuilt in 1955 and sold as Iowa Terminal RR 80 in 1963. It was scrapped in 1973.
230 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in August 1930, #61456, as Salt Lake & Utah RR 106. In 1946 it was sold to GRRy as 230. In January 1963 it came to Cornwall Street Ry. as 17. It is now on display at Cornwall.
622 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1921. It was retired in April 1955 and scrapped on May 22, 1957.
846 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1921. It was retired in April 1955 and scrapped in October 1956.
864 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1921. It was retired in April 1955 and scrapped in October 1956.
Lake Erie & Northern Ry.
The LE&N was begun by citizens of Brantford, Ont, as a steam road to connect to Lake Erie in 1911. Before it was completed, it was acquired by the Canadian Pacific, which agreed to electrify the line at the request of the city fathers of Brantford. Track was laid in 1914 and 1915 and passenger service began in 1916. It was a 1500 volt system. From the very beginning, freight service was dominant and passenger service was operated on a 2 hour headway.
After World War II, passenger traffic dropped sharply, and the last cars ran on April 24, 1955. Service continues as a CPR branch.
The line connected with the Grand River Ry at Galt, and equipment was shared extensively.
333 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1915, #42474, as 60. It was renumbered 333 in 1921 and sold to Cornwall Street Ry as 16 in 1961.
335 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in September 1915, #42475, as 50. It was renumbered 335 in 1921 and sold to CSRy as 15 in 1962.
933 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1913 as 225. It was renumbered 933 in 1921 and scrapped in 1955.
937 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1913 as 245. It was renumbered 937 in 1921 and scrapped on June 20, 1955.
939 was built by Preston Car & Coach Co in 1913 as 255. It was renumbered 939 in 1921 and scrapped in April 1955.
953 was built by Preston Car & Coach in 1913 as 265. It was rebuilt in 1921 and renumbered 953. It was scrapped in April 1954.
WebWork by rinity echnology Co.
Memorial of Saint Barbea of Edessa
A pure soul is like a fine pearl. As long as it is hidden in the shell at the bottom of the sea, no one thinks of admiring it. But if you bring it into the sunshine, this pearl will shine and attract all eyes. Thus, the pure soul which is hidden from the eyes of the world, will one day shine before the angels in the sunshine of eternity.
-- St. John Vianney